Homebrew BennuGD2 (Bennu Game Development 2)

Rufidj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! First of all, don't worry about your English. A few months ago, I asked for help to try to port and compile BennuGD for the Nintendo Switch console, but given my knowledge, it was impossible for me.

For those unfamiliar with BennuGD, it's an open-source game development language with a modular design intended to facilitate the portability of projects created in it, making it one of the best languages for this purpose.

I usually frequent the forums and the project's Discord, and one day, while talking with its creator SplinterGU, he got to work and managed to port BennuGD2 to our Nintendo Switch, which I personally tested.

Search for SplinterGU's BennuGD2 GitHub (I'm not allowed to add links).

"If you want to compile it for your Nintendo Switch, you'll need devkitpro installed and follow these steps:"

Step 1: Build SDL_gpu

1. Go to the vendor directory and run the sdl-gpu-patch-*.sh scripts.
  2. Then run ./build-sdl-gpu.sh with appropriate options, for example:
    ./build-sdl-gpu.sh switch clean
Step 2: Build BennuGD2

1. Navigate to the project root and run ./build.sh with suitable options:
    ./build.sh switch clean

This generates the bgdi.elf file, which will be the interpreter for the compiled dcb files that will be the games or applications. The bgdi.elf file will be responsible for loading and running the dcb, which should be named game.dcb.

It's advisable to encapsulate everything in an NRO or an NSP. The BennuGD2 repository includes a script to generate an NRO from the compilation of the dcb file.

If you don't want to compile it yourself, as long as it doesn't violate forum rules, I can upload the bgdi.elf file.
Any questions, feel free to ask. Greetings and thank you!

Attachments

• VID_20231113_212454.mp4
    7.8 MB
Last edited by Rufidj,
Reactions: Bricked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto