[WIP] GTA 5/RAGE Switch Port

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
RAGE uses a custom allocator with two statically sized heaps for the game (768/850, phys/virt) and I also had to limit Vulkan memory pool to 1 GB, otherwise I have been getting random null pointer dereferences because NVIDIA's Vulkan driver doesn't handle system allocation failures correctly.
Nvidia and bugs. New, didn't know this. 🤣

Good luck there.

Asridream

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, we have a teaser for... something

I'm aware this may feel like complete bullshit, but I'm open to answering any technical questions.

The port is utilizing DXVK modified to link statically and run on Switch's OS/SDK. We do not plan to release any assets, you will need to own a compatible copy of the PC version and use our (it'll be open-source) toolkit to re-encrypt, shrink and patch RPFs to work with that port.

What happend with your Twitter and Discord? Did you got striked?
Post automatically merged:

Hey, we have a teaser for... something

I'm aware this may feel like complete bullshit, but I'm open to answering any technical questions.

The port is utilizing DXVK modified to link statically and run on Switch's OS/SDK. We do not plan to release any assets, you will need to own a compatible copy of the PC version and use our (it'll be open-source) toolkit to re-encrypt, shrink and patch RPFs to work with that port.

What happened with your Twitter/discord channel? Did you got striked?

• Wow
Reactions: guily6669

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
When I have it running on my Switch at playable frame/rates, I will believe this is real, for now, I take it as fake.

And be open-source, I don't want to mess with potential malware that bricks my console.

• Haha
Reactions: Girtana1

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Or it just finally get into their head that boasting about using stolen source code is not something that take-two will just ignore or just send C&D, they can go with full lawsuit without any warning

Reactions: iKirby8

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Lets say that a "FAN" port is possible in form of a homebrew starter (wich i dont think it is) like the GTA3 port they made for switch before the definitive edition, A port that by the way tended to crash often because of how inesatble it was as it was using the PC game data just like with the simpsons hit and run, You would need to keep it a secret like they did for the entirety of the development, not a tweet, not a post, nothing, And then just shadow drop it in a few underground places without placing your name anywere and take absolutely no part on it to ensure there is no one behing to sue for millions, and make no anouncements of it to ansure it spreads before its taken down.

I believe that GTA5 can have an official port in the shape of the ps3 or xbox 360 game with very slow specs and stuff. But i doubt it for switch, perhaps for the next console well see 4 and 5.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NGL, I have my doubts
Considering the tags, if you are using the leaked source code for any of this, then you should be expecting a C&D very soon. But I honestly don’t think this is real.
Whilst this definitely will get a C&D it is definitely rather likely this is real. I mean it's not like the Switch is completely unable to run this engine. Remember this game ran on the 360 and PS3.
Post automatically merged:

Or it just finally get into their head that boasting about using stolen source code is not something that take-two will just ignore or just send C&D, they can go with full lawsuit without any warning
Yeah this. TakeTwo does not fuck around. Like if you think Nintendo makes examples of people you have not fucking seen TakeTwo.

Juli13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't get why would they boast about how far they got and that it's running on handheld, to me it reads like they are either trying to demonstrate that it's possible so someone else can take the project or that they aren't "inactive".
Also, the github page with the devlog is still up without a mention of anything. If they really had come to the decision of stopping by themselves I don't think that part would be forgotten so easily

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't get why would they boast about how far they got and that it's running on handheld, to me it reads like they are either trying to demonstrate that it's possible so someone else can take the project or that they aren't "inactive".
Also, the github page with the devlog is still up without a mention of anything. If they really had come to the decision of stopping by themselves I don't think that part would be forgotten so easily
My guess is that the video itself is fake but they believe is possible, but it would require a ridiculous amount of work wich they do not want to go trough for free, so they ratter not even start seriously, So i think is to demonstrate that rockstar just dont want to make a port and leave the port to some other unfortunate fan project team.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto