All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As the old "recommend me a DS game" thread appears to be dead and I don't want to necropost, I decided to make an entirely new one!

I hope this new structure makes it a bit easier to pick out games for each request.

Rules & Other Information
  1. If you are making a request, please use the requests form. You don't have to use that exact request form format, but your request must have the required items.
  2. If you are making a reply to a request, please quote the request itself, cutting out all but the request form, and please use the suggestions form. You don't have to use that exact suggestions form format, but your suggestion must have the required items.
  3. One game per use of the suggestions form, please. The only exception is if you are suggesting an entire series.
  4. Multiple, separate requests per post is A-OK.
  5. Multiple replies to separate requests in a single post is A-OK, as long as each reply is quoted.
  6. To get correctly-sized images for suggestions, restrict your image results to the size 256x192. For games that are played with the DS held sideways, the image results should be restricted to the size 408x272. This said, don't use images that aren't either of those two sizes.
  7. Safe for work screenshots and video only. If none can be found, please edit them to be safe for work or place them in a spoiler with "=NSFW" between the "spoiler" and "]" of the beginning spoiler tag.
  8. If a line in either form is not applicable, erase the whole line. For example, if you don't know what games would be like what you want to play, erase the "Games Similar to What You Want" line. If the game you're suggesting doesn't have a fan translation, retranslation, or undub, then erase the "Fan Translation / Retranslation / Undub" line.
  9. In the "Game Information" line...if the game is homebrew, then link to the download page for that homebrew rather than a page with information about the game.
  10. For "Title(s) of Game", please list the game's title as it was in all major region releases as well as what region each title was used in. This includes North American titles, Japanese titles, European titles, and sometimes Australian titles. For example, for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates, you would put down "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (NA/EU/AUS) / ファイナルファンタジー・クリスタルクロニクル リング・オブ・フェイト (JP)".
  11. It's alright if you can't find any screenshots, as long as you have video. It's alright if you can't find any video, as long as you have screenshots.
Requests Form
Note: * means required information. Do not include the * in your finished post.
Note: -- means information for one of these is required, but both are not required at the same time.
Note: = means situationally-required information. For example, if you have this information, it is required to post it.

Code:
[b]Genre(s) You Want to Play:[/b] --
[b]Language(s) You Will Play In:[/b] *
[b]Games Similar to What You Want:[/b] --
[b]Games You Don't Want Suggested:[/b] =
[b]Other Information:[/b]

Suggestions Form
Note: * means required information. Do not include the * in your finished post.
Note: -- means information for one of these is required, but both are not required at the same time.
Note: = means situationally-required information. For example, if a game has this information, it is required to post it.

Code:
[b]Title(s) of Game:[/b] *
[b]Region(s) Released:[/b] *
[b]Game Information:[/b] [url=LINK TO WIKI OR IGN OR SOMETHING]Click Here[/url] *
[b]Story Summary:[/b]
[b]Age Rating:[/b]
[b]Fan Translation / Retranslation / Undub:[/b] [url=LINK TO PATCH]Click Here[/url] =

[center][img]SCREENSHOT[/img] [img]SCREENSHOT[/img] [img]SCREENSHOT[/img] --
[more screenshots can be placed here if you so desire, but erase this bracketed message before submitting your message]

[media=youtube]YOUTUBE VIDEO HERE[/media] --
[more videos can be placed here if you so desire, but erase this bracketed message before submitting your message][/center]

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may be a generation late, but anyways, do you have a swordfighting game? A la zelda (an adventurer platforms game with possibly rpg elements)? I already played both tloz, okamiden

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You may be a generation late, but anyways, do you have a swordfighting game? A la zelda (an adventurer platforms game with possibly rpg elements)? I already played both tloz, okamiden

Please follow the rules at the top of the page. Rule #1 especially. It's okay if it's not in that format, but I recommend it be for organization's sake. The reason for it is that some people, when making suggestions, need all that information. For example, with what you've currently said there...I could give you a game that was only released in Korean but if you only wanted games in English then my suggestion was wrong.

However, as this is only the first post, I'll let it slide and give a suggestion that isn't widely-known. Spoiler: It plays and looks like Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass...except it's about ninjas, apparently. I don't know. It's hard to find information about a game in understandable English when it's obscure and wasn't localized to Europe or North America.

Title(s) of Game: 少年鬼忍伝ツムジ [Shounen Kininden Tsumuji] (JP)
Region(s) Released: Japan
Game Information: Click Here

07.jpg
121568.jpg
110973775563.jpg

===============================================================================​

I would also like to make a couple requests of my own, as well...

Genre(s) You Want to Play: Rhythm/Music
Language(s) You Will Play In: Any, but English-only if the game is text-heavy
Games You Don't Want Suggested: Elite Beat Agents, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, Moero Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii! Osu Tatakae Ouendan 2, Rhythm Heaven, Utacchi, Ontamarama, Michael Jackson's The Experience, Taiko no Tatsujin DS: Touch de Dokodon, Meccha! Taiko no Tatsujin DS: 7tsu no Shima no Daibouken, Taiko no Tatsujin DS: Dororon Yokai Daikessen, Jam with the Band, Daigasso! Band Brothers, Jam Sessions, Jam Sessions 2, Beat City, Rhythm 'n' Notes, Guitar Hero: On Tour, Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades, Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits, Princess Debut, Pop Town, Kira Kira Pop Princess 2, Pretty Rhythm Collection, Band Hero, Lego Rock Band, Easy Piano, Maestro! Jump into Music, DJ Star, Guitar Rock Tour, Red Bull BC One, The Idolm@ster: Dearly Stars, Ultimate Band, Imagine: Modern Dancer, Nodame Cantabile
Other Information: Games that are another genre but have a music minigame do not count as Rhythm/Music games.

====================================================================​

Games Similar to What You Want: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Okami, Animal Crossing, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rhythm Heaven, Jam with the Band, Maestro! Jump in Music, Kingdom Hearts, Donkey Kong Country, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Other Information: Please let something like this exist.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games Similar to What You Want: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Okami, Animal Crossing, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rhythm Heaven, Jam with the Band, Maestro! Jump in Music, Kingdom Hearts, Donkey Kong Country, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Other Information: Please let something like this exist.

Title(s) of Game: The World Ends with You (USA, Europe, Australia) / It's a Wonderful World (Japan)
Region(s) Released: USA, Japan, Europe, Australia
Story Summary: It's difficult to summarize without spoiling anything. Just know that the mystery and plot twists are sure to keep you entertained.
Age Rating: T for Teen - ESRB
Other information: If you like Kingdom Hearts, you'll probably like this game. It's made by the same people and has sort of a similar feel. Also, although it's not a music based game it has some pretty good beats.

its-a-wonderful-world-20060922043832856-1680180.jpg
xd_bmp10.jpg

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Title(s) of Game: The World Ends with You (USA, Europe, Australia) / It's a Wonderful World (Japan)
Region(s) Released: USA, Japan, Europe, Australia
Story Summary: It's difficult to summarize without spoiling anything. Just know that the mystery and plot twists are sure to keep you entertained.
Age Rating: T for Teen - ESRB
Other information: If you like Kingdom Hearts, you'll probably like this game. It's made by the same people and has sort of a similar feel. Also, although it's not a music based game it has some pretty good beats.

[Image Removed to Save Space in this Reply] [Image Removed to Save Space in this Reply]​
Two things I need to point out: Rule #6 and The World Ends With You would not fit that request. It is, in fact, nowhere similar to some of the games listed within that request.

Even so...I should have listed that and about 100+ other games I've already played. Sorry for misleading you.

Alchemilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genre(s) You Want to Play: Horror and survival horror
Language(s) You Will Play In: English
Games You Don't Want Suggested: Nanashi no Game, Nanashi no Game: Me, Theresia, Dementium, Dementium 2, Resident Evil, Touch the Dead, 999, Aliens, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Castlevania, Hidden Mysteries, Monster House, MegaTen, Vampire Moon, Trace Memory

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Games You Don't Want Suggested: Nanashi no Game, Nanashi no Game: Me, Theresia, Dementium, Dementium 2, Resident Evil, Touch the Dead, 999, Aliens, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Castlevania, Hidden Mysteries, Monster House, MegaTen, Vampire Moon, Trace Memory

I'm sorry, but there's no such game. May I inquire if you did drugs prior to making this post?

wyll001

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Genre(s) :Almost any genre.
Language(s) :English, Spanish or Italian ( or English Patch ).
Games Similar :The World Ends with You (NDS), Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons ( Xbox 360, Steam (PC, Linux, Mac), PS3 ), boss battle of Temple of Courage from The Legends of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass (NDS).
Don't Want Suggested:Any racing or ball games, one screen characters - the other maps/menus (at least, not all the time), touchscreen-only games ( not really matter if the other conditions are met).
Other Information:Control two characters at same time (preferential, but not really needed, one character, one screen).

wyll001

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Title(s) of Game: shin megami tensei: strange journey
Region(s) Released: USA/EUR/JP *
Game Information: Click Here for general or Here for this game
Age Rating:ERSB M +17 (Mature: 17 or older)

wyll001

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not my answer to say anything about, but... The 'games you don't want suggested' in the post you replied to says "MegaTen", which is an abbreviation of "Shin Megami Tensei".
Really? i never EVER heard that before... oh well, living 'n' learning, i guess. Hey! How about a game for meeeeee...

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Genre(s) You Want to Play: Rpg (preferably turn based)
Games Similar to What You Want: Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 3, Pokemon Series, Dragon Quest Series
Games You Don't Want Suggested: Stuff from the series mentioned
Other Information: Already played twewy and etrian odyssey (series) as well, so yeah

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Games Similar to What You Want: Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 3, Pokemon Series, Dragon Quest Series
Other Information: Already played twewy and etrian odyssey (series) as well, so yeah
Sonic The Dark Brotherhood? Dragonball Z Attack of the Saijans? Chrono Trigger? Mario & Lugi Series?

And yes, this thread does suck - but only if you know the DS library too well (the weird unknown japano-stuff does not count - you cant read it anyway. :) ).

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sonic The Dark Brotherhood? Dragonball Z Attack of the Saijans? Chrono Trigger? Mario & Lugi Series?

And yes, this thread does suck - but only if you know the DS library too well (the weird unknown japano-stuff does not count - you cant read it anyway. :) ).

Played Chrono Trigger on snes, and the Mario and Luigi series are alright. Will certainly check out dbz and sonic though. thanks for the quick reply :)

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Dark Spire, Glory of Heracles, and Radiant Historia

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Played Chrono Trigger on snes, and the Mario and Luigi series are alright. Will certainly check out dbz and sonic though. thanks for the quick reply :)
You're welcome. I did not play the games myself so I can't say if they're any good though. But they should be solid enough. : )

Maybe Sands of Destruction too, but I don't know if its turn-based.
Google helped. It is. ;)

wyll001

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Shin Megami Tensei, any sereies (devil summoner, devil survival, dds, Persona) are a mix of survival/horor and rpg, persona series remind me a lot final fantasy viii on gameplay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...