The quest for Pepsi Blue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ace Gunman
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,814
  • Replies Replies 38
Sodastream.jpg
+ your chosen collection of esters and other flavouring type chemicals.

You know you want to experiment- you might even create something better.

Should I forgo my old man stomach for a day and decide to track down some fizzy drinks I have a harder time having to find something decent (or I give up and say price be damned I am going to the import shop/I want cheap kvass which I often do/some bastard waves some http://www.bwtri.com/images/Lluniau/Dorset%20Ginger.jpg in front of me) let alone shedding a tear for the departed drinks.
 
Pepsi Blue was simply the best soda. Was in the 9th grade back in that day and would buy a bottle on my way home every friday. soooo epic, they oughta bring this back. I hardly drink soda anymore but I'd drink Pepsi Blue every week like I used to.
 
Escapa said:
Pepsi blue was awesome! Pepsi Gold was cool. There is a Pepsi Fire(red) somewhere in this world...i just cannot remember where.

Cheers.

I'm pretty sure that it was only sold in Spanish regions.
 
SubliminalSegue said:
Gee, what else are we missing?!

- Mountain Dew Pitch Black
- Pepsi/Coke Lemon
- Pepsi/Coke Lime (I realize it's in diet; not the same)
- Surge
- Jolt
- Tab
- DnL (thanks BortzANATOR for reminding me about that.)

I weep everyday for my fallen friends.

- Kick (total Mt. Dew ripoff, but even more fluorescent)
- 7-Up Gold (came in a red can and prob sold like hotcakes until we all figured out you could just mix Sprite and Coke at the 7-11)

Pepsi Blue is definitely missed, but Crystal Pepsi was still the best.
 
BortzANATOR said:
http://sodafinder.com/products/dn-l


Lol DNL. Easiest name change EVER.

Wabsta said:
Never had Pepsi Blue.. I do crave for Coca Cola Vanilla tho, but it's not avaible anymore in the Netherlands..
And in the city's in germany close to the Netherlands its not avaible either..
*snip*

You mean this deliciousness that is in my fridge RIGHT NOW?
What would happen if i tried to send you a box? Would customs let it through?
You son of a...
tongue.gif

Ehh, I don't know if customs would let it through tho, my chances to get some are better if I just make a trip to Germany I guess..
 
Rydian said:
I miss Big Red from Florida.

I've recently seen something called Big Blue here in Michigan. From the bottle, it's made by the same people that make Big Red. I tried a bottle and it was the worst "cream soda" flavor that I've ever tasted, even worse than our Faygo variety.

I also remember Pepsi Blue and I remember it was over sweet like a soda fountain syrup. It was gross, no wonder it eventually was priced for 25 cents a 2liter before disappearing.

The sodas I miss are Surge, Game Fuel (the Halo/Horde flavor), and OK soda. OK wasn't marketed where I was living at the time, but a friend brought some from Detroit when he went to visit family.
 
SubliminalSegue said:
Gee, what else are we missing?!

- Mountain Dew Pitch Black
- Pepsi/Coke Lemon
- Pepsi/Coke Lime (I realize it's in diet; not the same)
- Surge
- Jolt
- Tab
- DnL (thanks BortzANATOR for reminding me about that.)

I weep everyday for my fallen friends.

You guys in the US don't have Jolt? It's still widely available here in Toronto, in cola and, uh... blue. And some other flavors I must be forgetting.

Speaking of... blue Jolt, does it taste like Pepsi Blue?
 
Ace Gunman said:
Oh good, only $600 a box for a flat version of what was once a fresh 99 cent beverage in can form.
tongue.gif

Pepsi Blue doesn't go flat.

About two years ago I drank a can that I had sitting up in a cupboard (was saving it for collector's purposes). It sprung a leak. Instead of wasting it, I drank it. It was like new, and delicious.
 
This enthusiasm makes me sorry that I ever skipped Pepsi Blue. I lost my taste for those novelty flavors after I tried the "Gamer" version of Mountain Dew. Disgusting. Maybe Pepsi Blue was the exception...alas.
 
Us awesome Canadians [well, unless you're on the east side] didn't get the good stuff. I'm a huge Mountain Dew Fan, and dammit, I'm tired of the original! Though, I suppose the red can of Mountain Dew Amp is somewhat similar to Code Red isn't it?
 
ShadowSoldier said:
Us awesome Canadians [well, unless you're on the east side] didn't get the good stuff. I'm a huge Mountain Dew Fan, and dammit, I'm tired of the original! Though, I suppose the red can of Mountain Dew Amp is somewhat similar to Code Red isn't it?

Yeah, I really like the purple amp. That might be my favorite, but as far as just regular Dew, I love the original. I like Code Red, but nothing beats a fountain Dew. I live right next to a gas station, so I go in there everyday and get a Big Gulp cup of Dew.
 
malaysia still has them?

Speaking of which, anyone still remember Pepsi Red?? that was pretty nice as well
smile.gif
Either way, good luck with your quest :-)

SubliminalSegue said:
- Pepsi/Coke Lemon

I weep everyday for my fallen friends.

we still have that
smile.gif


Anyway, hmm, not sure if anyone even heard of it, but i remember back when in was a kid around 8/9 years ago, we had this drink where they had a marble in it and it was pretty glassy, it came in 2 flavours, peach and original which taste like sprite.

Just too bad they discontinued it after a few months thanks to some kid choking on the marble :\

edit: found it, i guess it's really just called marble soda
ohmy.gif
Also, some of them known it as

- Ramune
 
I miss surge....but to be honest vault it almost exactly the same
But for some reason the only two places I can find vault here are 5 guys and subway....
 

Site & Scene News