• Start date
  • Views 146,970
  • Replies 370

gypsygirl13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My preloader asked for a needed update so I complied, at the moment all I see is 'downloading changelog...' for the past 15 min. I don't know if it's stuck or if it's working?!
So can someone maybe tell me what to do?
Do I just wait for it or do I turn off the wii or something, just don't want to get brick that's all.
Help would be very appreciated.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gypsygirl13 said:
My preloader asked for a needed update so I complied, at the moment all I see is 'downloading changelog...' for the past 15 min. I don't know if it's stuck or if it's working?!
So can someone maybe tell me what to do?
Do I just wait for it or do I turn off the wii or something, just don't want to get brick that's all.
Help would be very appreciated.

doesn't actually download. Do it yourself on pc and copy to sd and run.

niknak

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a virgin 4.2e wii that ive been modding using the guides here and have got to the preloader stage and had the same issue as wiiguy1 "got root; unable to read ticket: aborting mission:" I then followed advice to first install .29. and then realised wiiguy was on v4.1! my mistake for not reading clearly..

its at this point now I think Ive got a brick, I can't get the wii to boot, I just get a graphically garbled message about system files are corrupt.. Ive googled and looked around here but no luck so far..
I can get into Preloader (29) fine but no further, looked at hacks.ini (for 4.2e) and that looks like the correct one..
tried booting up preloader 30b4 dol from preloader but the wii controller doesnt work, nor the gamecube controller, am i missing something? (aside from a brain, pair of eyes) have I bricked? I can handle the truth.. help please if you can,

Cheers

niknak

edit (1)

just read that hackmii can run via a gamecube controller, is it possible to run hackmii via preloader and install an earlier version of HBC with haxx so preloader 29 can at least get into HBC? what would be the steps for that if its possible?

edit (2)

Disregard, Fixed it.

For those numpties like me, you can run the latest hackmii via preloader - works with wii remote fine, I just then reinstalled HBC and hackmii boots into it automagically, then I ran the preloader 30 update. also made sure I have ES_DiVerifyed ios 70 or preloader still moans..

all fixed, very happy, thanks for reading

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
use a gamecube controller to use preloader to install one of these files
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bootmii_Booter
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootIOS
from there you should be able to load bootmii as IOS (assuming u had it installed). Restore your nand backup.

I think I know what caused your problem (you need to install IOS70patchedfreethebug.wad if your on 4.2 before (or right after) installing preloader on a 4.2 system). That will allow you to keep preloader and load the system menu (alternatively, u can reinstall your 4.2 system menu wad, and that should uninstall preloader and allow u to boot to the system menu)

if u can get into preloader 0.29, you can install files to boot to homebrew JODI version, or bootmii as IOS, u can even install the hackmii installer as file and run it that way. You can install wad manager folder mod (works with GC controllers) and install wads)

niknak

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks xflak40!
yeah I think it was IOS70patchedfreethebug.wad that i'd missed along the way. I ended up running hackmii to get into HBC to fix it all - was my first 4.2 mod incidently, lessons have been learned I can tell you!.. thanks for the response

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
0.2)Turn it on again, it should boot a preloader menu, if not, turn the Wii off again. Hold Reset then press on
Oh, I see what you did there.

Reference to the "hold reset as you power off" method of saving games on the NES?
tongue.gif

Matteo069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii ver.4.2u(NTSC) and have done all the "modify" steps and I'm up to installing the preloader .30, which didn't work. So I tried installing .29 and then update but after it goes to "downloading changelog for about 15 min. or so I get the option to install the update, but when I do i get a message "su(1-0) current ios(70) has the fakesign bug." I've tried instructions from another post by downloading preloader .29 and putting the hacks.ini in the root directory of the SD card but had the same result. Are there any other options I can try? Thanks for any help.

msaju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matteo069 said:
I have a Wii ver.4.2u(NTSC) and have done all the "modify" steps and I'm up to installing the preloader .30, which didn't work. So I tried installing .29 and then update but after it goes to "downloading changelog for about 15 min. or so I get the option to install the update, but when I do i get a message "su(1-0) current ios(70) has the fakesign bug." I've tried instructions from another post by downloading preloader .29 and putting the hacks.ini in the root directory of the SD card but had the same result. Are there any other options I can try? Thanks for any help.

i am in the same situation,
unsure.gif
hope someone would know the solution!!!

thewonderer73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I was hoping someone can help me with preloader... i have a 3.1E wii, with hackmii installed in the boot2 part of the system and HBC.

I have got as far as firing up the preloader 0.29 and installing the no updates... etc... but after i rebooted a couple of times, my wii will not loader up preloader from the power/reset option or the hbc without it doing a restart as soon as preloader says its putting itself into memory. I have managed to get usbloader gx working with games but when i try to go back to the wii menu it restarts the wii instead...

What should i do? upgrade to 0.30r4 if the system doesn't restart... what could be causing these restarts?

thanks

Selaht

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ether2802 said:
killmoves said:
Is Preloader 0.29 compatible with 3.4U firmware?

Thanks

none or the versions of Preloader is compatible with 3.4, you need to go to 3.2 or 4.X..!!

Q: Now that I installed Preloader v0.30, whenever I go back to the SysMenu, it's like if I turned OFF and then ON my Wii (the safety scren appears again), how can I avoid this...?? my settings say "Autoboot: SysMenu" and "Go Back To: SysMenu"

Same doubt here...
can anyone help?

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have preloader ver.28...And System menu 3.2U
How do you do the patching(ES_verify?) on my system IOS-(IOS30, 3.2U) to be able to install the preloader .30 ?
Even though im on 3.2, and should still be vulnerable, but idk what to do. I get an "unable to root" error when running the .30 installer.

Should i do anything differently since I'm planning to update to 4.1 after?(using waninkokos 4.1 updater).
Would it be easier to update to 4.1 first? Or would the .28 preloader install be broken or anything with the 4.1 update?

-Please and Thank you

parkhater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i had 4.2u but then downgraded to 4.1u. I installed priiloader 0.15 and downloaded a hacks.ini. I can play pal games but they are all in black and white. Please help me with my problem

djepic112

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh. I'm very new to all this and am only doing it so that I can get a copy-protected save to work. I'm running the latest version of the Wii firmware on my console (4.2). I was able to instal HBC (yay) but I'm having a problem getting the Preloader v0.30 to instal. Here is the error message I keep getting: "failed to get root, aborting mission."
What am I doing wrong? I feel so dumb for having all these newbie issues. Please help me.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
djepic112 said:
Sigh. I'm very new to all this and am only doing it so that I can get a copy-protected save to work. I'm running the latest version of the Wii firmware on my console (4.2). I was able to instal HBC (yay) but I'm having a problem getting the Preloader v0.30 to instal. Here is the error message I keep getting: "failed to get root, aborting mission."
What am I doing wrong? I feel so dumb for having all these newbie issues. Please help me.
Is installing the HBC the only thing you did?
You'd better follow xzxero's stickied guide

Matteo069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I leave Preloader .29 and be safe on a 4.2u without updating? I can't seem to update successfully no matter what I try, so I would like to try to move on to the next hacking steps, but don't want to mess up my Wii. Thanks for any help.

DarkBowser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When I installed the Preloader and loaded some hacks(block updae and copy all saves) and then remove Preloader, are the hacks still acive? Because everytime I Press "Back to Wii-menu" after pressing the Home-Button, the Wii restarts. That annoys me, and i want to remove Preloader but keep the hacks.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
If i install this on a softmodded 4.1E Black wii. Does it then make the wii region free for discs and channels? hence can i install NTSC wads created using Constructor, or even NTSC Wiiware wads ok. Does this work ok on PAL system plz? I would like to use any region changer to make it just NTSC, but not sure at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s