polle123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
ThatShane said:
Hi, I wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask this but I have an R4 Clone (R4 Ultra) and it doesnt seem to read cheats off of the CHEAT.DAT or USRCHEAT.DAT but instead seems to create .CHT files beside the games. These cheats are in chinese and I can't read them. I was wondering if anybody knows how to get the R4 to read off the CHEAT.DAT file?

Thanks
smile.gif

those .cht file are not the cheats themselfes, it's a save of ur cheat settings per game
like witch cheats are on and off, so u don't have to configure them evrytime u restart ur ds
wink.gif

ThatShane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
polle123 said:
ThatShane said:
Hi, I wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask this but I have an R4 Clone (R4 Ultra) and it doesnt seem to read cheats off of the CHEAT.DAT or USRCHEAT.DAT but instead seems to create .CHT files beside the games. These cheats are in chinese and I can't read them. I was wondering if anybody knows how to get the R4 to read off the CHEAT.DAT file?

Thanks
smile.gif

those .cht file are not the cheats themselfes, it's a save of ur cheat settings per game
like witch cheats are on and off, so u don't have to configure them evrytime u restart ur ds
wink.gif

Oh woops
happy.gif
anyway I tried what elixirdream said and when I press (Y) it just says no cheats could be found for the game even though I have tried all the cheat.dat files from the cheat compilation thread and put them in the system folder :/
Any ideas?

Thanks
smile.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can I ask a few simple questions then?
1. Do all the cheats in the database works?
2. Do some of them require additional RAM pak?

Because for some reason I don't know, some cheats won't work while I believe you guys won't place not-working cheats knowingly. For example would be AoE: Age of Kings(U)'s Infinite Food and Infinite Gold cheat, which never works for me, they were added a few months after the last code for the same game was added, another would be the super race modifier for FFTA2, didn't work well for me, although Narin placed a considerable amount of explanation for it (didn't work both with R4 and EDGE)

I did asked about this back then in the cheats thread, but no one even took a peek, I can only hope my question is answered this time, thanks in advance

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
i can only answer no.1: nope, not all of them work, in a sense, they do work i guess but on other flashcart, its a different story all together.

Let's take the cheats for JUMP! ultimate star as an example: they don work on my flashcart, but apparently on other flashcart they do, one reason that i can guess is that:since they were converted from codebreaker, so on a flashcart that uses AR, they might not work accurately
biggrin.gif

That's why there are guys like me who test codes out whenever possible to reduced the number of non-working code(if any) to as minimum as we can.

no.2: i don't know about that, sorry i can't help.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Raestloz,
like what mrfatso had pointed out.. some codes will only work on certain flash cart
smile.gif
this is due to how your flash cart's cheat engine being built and handle cheats:)
i can give you an example for instance the all card codes for ragnarok ds... gave me 60++ (dstt) cards but only gave mrfatso (edge) 20++ cards

on the other hand, feel free to report the codes that are not working for you on the CHEAT THREAD
smile.gif
i am sorry if i didn't get to read your previous post. however, try post again if you come across any. I will personally try to get hold of the game and test it on my flash cart well~!

Anyhow, Narin, mrfatso, SignZ and i.. we will try to test all the codes that we made or gathered before we post it.
However, we might mislook over codes that some users submitted, that is why we need players to comment on working or not working.
and
If we can fix the codes we will fix it..

Currently i am waiting for my EZv i, R4 and Ak2i arrive and i have a DSTT
smile.gif

so if all the codes doesn't work on either one of these carts i will get Narin to take a final look.

As for ram pak.. i am not quite sure? but i yet to come accross any games that require any RAM PAK. By the way, i thought RAM PAK is used for GBA games?

EDIT: tested infinite food and money for AOE: The Age of King (U) [campaign and story] ! code is working on DSTT

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
o ya, forgotten about ragnarok
frown.gif
, that sucks though, a max card that doesn't give max card for me
frown.gif

and wow, getting these flashcart, and after these, gona get more?
tongue.gif
and also another reason why we might overlook is that we might not have/lazy to get the rom so we welcome all that mentioned any problems if there are many people who reported having similar problems, me and elixir and the rest of them will have another test run of those codes, just to be on the safe side
biggrin.gif

mdma psychoacous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i searched couldnt find this on the forums so...

i had just done the tutorial on doing the usrcheat.dat and working with the action replay code manager and got the codes from codejunkies(i have an r4 III, ya ya i iknow whatever).

so, i got the thing working and most of the cheats work, except for the 150cc mirror mode. it hasnt unlocked the special cup and lightning cup. and it hasnt unlocked rob
if that is possible with a cheat? so, if i am to unlock rob, i need these mirror cups at least so i can mill through them and unlock rob. i have redone and FINISHED the leaf and star cups in 150cc mirror mode, it then says it HAS UNLOCKED the cups in question, however it stays locked (SPECIAL mirror, LIGHTNING mirror). I have also redone all of the 150cc (non mirror) and nothing changed. am i missing something here??
Does this sound familiar?

thanks for you help, hope this is all the info you need

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
mdma psychoacoustics,
have you like tried using yasumenu for your r4?
are you talking about mario kart or can you be precise on which is the game and code name
and for your info not all cheats codes will work on all flash cart
some codes might work ... some codes might not work
nevertheless i will take a look on the whatever game that you are talking about

mdma psychoacous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey elixerdream, thanks for responding. hehe i guess i should have mentioned that this was concerning mario kart eh?

no i havnt exactly tried ysumenu but i did download it and checked out the website, and man lemme tell ya, its very cryptic and archane. and most of it is in japanese, unless i'm not looking at the correct link. it looks like i'm going to get the m3 soon anyways, since its basically a better version of the r4, and no one seems to get heart attacks about its uasage and the threat of bricking! do you know if the m3 has the same problems as the r4? all i hear are good things? anyway off topic thanks again man

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
well you can refer to my post 2 from this thread.. there is a link for yasumenu (not a japanese site) !just download it and follow the steps given
smile.gif
is pretty simple
so which are the codes that giving you problem?

OFFtopic
why not you get ak2 + akaio ! it works wonder especially if you plan to cheat alot
smile.gif

i would not recommend m3 if you plan to use it to cheat! As for feature wise, i am not sure what so special about it either!
for me as long a card can boot what i want that is a good card
just take a look how much headache it gives to users who is not familar on how to get the FFCC anti piracy and Chrono Trigger anti piracy code to work
and
if you are FREE, browse the massive database cheat thread.. you will know most of the complains are from M3 users (minus the r4 user)

EDIT: tested on the mario kart codes it doesn't unlock 2 stages for 150cc

trulu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
help, i always got stuck at the loading screen when i replace the CHEAT.DAT inside system. and i try to add cheat to the original cheat.dat inside system, but the problem is still the same. T_T

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
trulu,
what is the flash card that you are using? r4?
i would suggest try the latest firmware or reinstall the latest firmware
or
use yasumenu

as for adding cheat? use r4cce.. it shouldn't give you any freezing problem

trulu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i'm using r4 and i'm using the latest firmware 1.18, there'a a cheat.dat inside system, but when i modify it and insert it to my nds, it stuck at loading for a long time...

then i try to copy other cheat.dat from the website, but still the problem is the same.
then i copy the original cheat.dat and it's working T_T

wat should i do to add the cheat

i'm modify the cheat.dat using r4cce

trulu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
no, i haven't try to use usercheat.dat coz my default is cheat.dat, that's why i replace only the cheat.dat. but it seemes that mrfatso got the same problem with me coz i loads really long, it's like stuck at loading before we can go to the menu (inside the menu is Game, Multimedia or Boot Slot 2)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo