1. Ulieq

Ulieq GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sack of crap just like the Switch, the only diff now is that Nintendo emptied their bank accounts on advertising and paying off reviewers/advertisers.

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

Canada
    Have you tried either to back this statement?
    Or are you just flaming for the sake of flaming? :P

3. Diego788

Diego788 GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Wii turns 11 today :^D

4. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda
    Banned

Canada
    I fucking love you
    Well... in a furry way

5. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Maniac

Portugal
    Happy birthday Wii U!

A shame that you're actually a great console but your retarded parents decided to fuck up your childhood and are now focusing on the Switch newborn only while telling you they wish you'd never been born.

I'm sure you'll grow up to be a great serial killer.

Don't worry though. The Playstation Vita feels you.

DrkBeam, Garcimak, DarthDub and 2 others like this.
  6. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    i think i got my wii u over 3 years ago ,sometime 2014 i think.

i got it mainly for SSB4, i bought it bundled with SSB4/MK8 , it was worth every penny.
    i love the console.

and i still play on it very often , wii ngc wii u vcs etc.
    and i also at times use it to watch anime.

the WiiU is great stuff.

DarthDub likes this.
  7. Noctosphere

Banned

Canada
    well, thats one way to see it
    im more thinking the way how hundreads of dog and cat get abandonned on july 1st every year in quebec

8. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    oh yes it does :/

WhiteMaze likes this.
  9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    few do? i think anyone that has a wiiu hacked probably has a wiiu gc adapter either official or mayflash since they are preety cheap, original CC is kinda ass, your better off investing on wiiu pro and use the half press or wiiu gc adapter for nintendont and ssbu really.

10. RowanDDR

RowanDDR SNES Lover

Article does not mention BOTW, wow. The world's #1 ranked game, and so good on WiiU that it makes the Switch look pointless in many ways.

DarthDub likes this.
  11. Noctosphere

Banned

Canada
    actually, releasing it on wii u was pointless
    why wasting your money on wii u botw, knowing its the last 1st party game for the console, instead of investing more into the switch where you can get the same game(with better graphics btw) and get more 1st party games
    honnestly, 95% of people who buy nintendo consoles do it for 1st party game
    the rest, rare people, buy it for 3rd party game

now i have a question, is 2nd party game a thing?

12. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Never should've called it Wii U. Biggest mistake in Nintendo history.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I personally love the wii u. it's about the only system I play anymore. it doesn't have a lot of great games, but the ones that are great (mostly 1st and 2nd party games) are amazing. I keep coming back to tropical freeze and wooly world. :P I'm trying to beat tropical freeze (100%) without dying, but there are too many places to screw up. lol with wooly world, which I just started playing again, I had forgotten how adorable it was. I'm trying to beat that game without dying, but like tropical freeze, I always manage to screw up. I have 200%/100% respectively with both games, so I'm trying this on new save files. I wish I could go back to dkc 3, but I have 103%, 104%, and 105% save files which is all the save slots. this is on the wii u as well. I can't seem to get 105% on the actual cart with my retron. lightning lookout! is brutal with no dk barrels and no midway barrel. I also have 100% on yoshi's island on the wii u without save states. I feel that save states are cheap. I haven't gone back to super mario 64. I beat it with 100% on the wii u, but I lost all saves and games when my hdd crashed. super mario 64, imo, is frustrating especially getting the 100 coins in each stage. there's really no margin for error or very little of it. the wii u is also where I fell in love with shovel knight. I have it for the 3ds and the ps4 as well. the ps4 version is the one where I finally beat the game without dying after having gone through the game many times on the wii u. I have so many fond memories of the system that I could go on for hours talking about it. I want a switch badly, so I can carry on the tradition. :)

14. Azmort

Azmort GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    I love it, the homebrew on it made it the best emulation station and it is the Smash Bros machine, something that my friends and I have played far more than Halo or another console multiplayer.

DarthDub likes this.
  15. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Nintenyearolds deluding themselves that the WiiU is a good console is amazing. Good consoles don't live for 3 years. That's not actually a thing.
    You might be able to derive a small speck of worth out of the very small pool of exclusives, because what it did have were great, but there's no denying it was an absolute failure. Poor advertising, poor branding, poor 3rd party support, poor 1st party support, underpowered last gen specs. It had absolutely nothing going for it. Nintendo ending its life early was a clear cut, undeniable, admittance that it was a failure. Any delusions of success are simply human nature to try and justify a purchase. Hell I bought the thing at launch, and did have fun on it, but that doesn't change the truth.

Oh yeah BOTW on WiiU makes the switch soo pointless.
    What with the WiiU's SOLID 20 FPS if you stand still looking at a wall, and god forbid you go anywhere near Kakariko. Enjoy crashes and even worse FPS just for being there. Enjoy those frame drops below 20 just for moving.
    Mm yeah totally makes the switch irrelevant.
    (even though it already has a bigger library of AAA exclusives than the WiiU, not even a year after its release)

VinsCool and chartube12 like this.
  16. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
    Former Staff

United Kingdom
    I just got a Switch a few days ago (after being on the fence before release and put off a little by the reports of hardware trouble early on) and I've got to say, it is pretty great so far. Never tried a Wii U but the sales numbers say what needed to be said. I might've enjoyed it if I used one, I might not have, but I always thought the name was ridiculous. The Switch certainly feels inspired by the Wii U, only with a better name and even better portability.

I like the Switch, and this is coming from a primarily PC gamer now. Despite the cues from the Wii U, it's quite a unique console and if the Wii U helped conceive the Switch, it was worth it.

VinsCool likes this.
  17. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Lol, try to flame harder at least :P

Noctosphere likes this.
  18. Flirkyn

Flirkyn GBAtemp Regular

France
    A great console that I loved (and still love tbh). Got it in 2014 to be prepared for Xenoblade X (which, like every Xeno game, are one of my favorite game ever with more than 150h in there, and more coming) and because I've always loved Nintendo Console. I've never regretted it.

Unfortunatly, this console had a sad story. Between one of the worst marketing I've ever saw, a terrible architecture for developpers (I honestly wasn't bothered by it's graphics capacities, but from what I heard, it's a pain in the ass to develop for it), a bashing from player and editor alike, and a terrible support from Nintendo, it's really a shame that this console didn't have a good treatment.

But even with it's more or less limited library, I still love it and have games to finish, like Tokyo Mirage Session (which I've play again earlier today), Project Zero 5, Xenoblade X post game, and some more.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  19. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

United States
    20 fps? Sure when it was first released. Then it got patches to fix it.

VinsCool and Memoir like this.
  20. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Just like on the Switch. Jeeez

DrkBeam, Codemastershock and DarthDub like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, turns, years