Gaming The Nintendo Online Paid Subscription might end up being worth it.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 8,857
  • Replies 113
D

Deleted User

OP
id like to preface saying I only own shitty Nintendo consoles and a nice PC, just bought a ps3 like a week ago to hack to play weeb backups but havent even used it yet
What are you on about? You say the most meaningless dribble throughout each post. You go from saying "oh the Scorpio literally crushes Sony anything you say from here on out is invalid" you honestly have some genuine anger against Sony. I don't understand how the coming Scorpio has anything to do with Sony being crushed, is it really a shocker that a new console that isn't even out yet is tiers ahead of a console released in 2013 (well apart from the Switch but its ok if Nintendo release shit hardware they cant do wrong)? I don't understand how you quoting best selling games that both system have is a zinger, if anything you couple that with the fact that the PS4 has an objectively larger library then it really leans in Sony's favour. I'd also like to point out that there are a fair few Xbox console exclusives that are ported onto PC, giving me even less reason to purchase an Xbox One over a PS4 to cover the current console exclusives of this generation.

I see less value in
the value to keep it up with Switch, Xbox and PC
and think it'd make more sense if you made it say
the value to keep it up with Switch, PS4 and PC

Again the basis of all your arguments are top game sales, and woa who woulda thought they're all the generic AAA titles you except, sure caught Sony with their pants down. Why is multiplayer the fight or flight of a console for you, console mainstream online multiplayer is such a recent mainstreaming thing in my eyes and really should not be the reason you purchase a console over another. Do you know what you buy if you want good free expandable multiplayer? PC. Do you not value a good game over being able to hear kids scream in your ear while you play your generic zombie game (that you could probably play on PC)?

I digress in my insomia rambles of sentences, my tl;dr would be the PS4/pro > Xbox One/s it has more games, especially ones that aren't on other systems (pointing at xbox / pc ports). A lot of developers don't develop xbone since it isnt a popular console in non western countries. If you buy an Xbone over PS4 you're genuinely retarded and limiting yourself. "o it has the same AAA games and more and it sold more but its not competative because i follow microsoft on tweeter and they do halo tournaments in me dads backyard" Brazil el no education??

Even better tl;dr
Platforms: Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Scorpio has nothing to do with anything till its out, Sony are probs gonna announce something soon too with similar meme specs. (These high spec consoles are literally to make up for the piss poor hardware of the current gen)

Oh yeah on topic paying for multiplayer is dumbo and I am about to pass out bless up

Last edited by ,

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta love fact arguments.

Fact: Scorpio has the most power amongst consoles, and for multiplatform games it is almost definitely the optimal choice if you do not having a gaming PC

Fact: ps4 has more games, but mostly because that console appeals more to Japanese devs. You have a massive amount more of jrpgs and the likes on ps4. Games like sword art online shouldn't be considered an exclusive, but they certainly are

Fact: ps4 does have more exclusives than the Xbox, with one of the main reasons being listed above. Exclusives for both appeal to different crowds.

Fact: ps4 exclusives are generally rated higher than Xbox exclusives on metacritic, and this is one of the reasons why people tend to say ps4 exclusives are better.

I still advocate a scoreless review system, since using metacritics score as a reason to buy is rather asinine. If There's any bias in this message, it is because I am still unbelievably salty at Microsoft for cancelling scalebound

Reactions: netovsk
D

Deleted User

OP
@king_leo Not wasting effort on mentally challenged. Sorry.
You got me dude :(

The Xbox One has less games than the PS4, less exclusives and sold less. The Xbox One doesnt sell well in japan ( https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.technobuffalo.com/2016/10/17/phil-spencer-xbox-japan/amp/ ) aka a country with a lot of game developers. Which basically gives the market to the PS4. That's where you'd say Nintendo could chime in, but their track record is also rocky especially for the hardcore gamers. The Switch at the moment of posting has little to no third party support and is a flagship console released with an average quality 720p screen and weaker hardware and less features than 4 year old consoles.

The Scorpio is what the PS4/XBone should have been, the current gen were the first to be underpowered on release. I honestly can't see Sony not announcing something soon.

If you call what ive said retarded now, well, if you smell shit everywhere you go you might want to check your shoes

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Quantumcat

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got me dude :(

The Xbox One has less games than the PS4, less exclusives and sold less. The Xbox One doesnt sell well in japan ( https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.technobuffalo.com/2016/10/17/phil-spencer-xbox-japan/amp/ ) aka a country with a lot of game developers. Which basically gives the market to the PS4. That's where you'd say Nintendo could chime in, but their track record is also rocky especially for the hardcore gamers. The Switch at the moment of posting has little to no third party support and is a flagship console released with an average quality 720p screen and weaker hardware and less features than 4 year old consoles.

The Scorpio is what the PS4/XBone should have been, the current gen were the first to be underpowered on release. I honestly can't see Sony not announcing something soon.

If you call what ive said retarded now, well, if you smell shit everywhere you go you might want to check your shoes

Look around - I don't think the SpecWars actually...*matter* for much longer, to the broader market...and *clearly not* to people that have bought the Switch. The efficacy of Nintendo's Strategy here will play out in multi-platform titles; if the attach rates for these things are *higher* on Switch (sales of title against known hardware base) to any significant degree than the other two current console platforms, there is a clear path. You will start to suddenly see the "challenges" narratives fade away, because it isn't about the, what we call in the biz "technical LoE" in this case, it is about the RoI :)

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bullshit. I bet that the new smash will be as laggy as tr4sh for dead u.
No way to know yet. Fast RMX and Splatoon 2 have been completely lag free for me so far, but I don't think they've even implemented their paid online services/hosting yet. It's probably just P2P right now (which MS and Sony do plenty of even with their paid services).

Reactions: Eddypikachu

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-but please understand.. QUALITY CONTROL!!
I actually would love to be proven wrong, but for now, it will remain as a bad service.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No way to know yet. Fast RMX and Splatoon 2 have been completely lag free for me so far, but I don't think they've even implemented their paid online services/hosting yet. It's probably just P2P right now.
Never had problems with splatoon on wii u, the problem was smash and kart 8, especially smash.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
but I don't think they've even implemented their paid online services/hosting yet.

It's probably just P2P right now (which MS and Sony do plenty of even with their paid services).

The point I was going to make and why even paid this might not be very good though I want to be optimistic about it.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer: Quality Control

That honestly doesn't inspire confidence in that they'll do a good job. Remember all those shitty shovelware games with the Nintendo seal? That's yet again a Nintendo QC.

Nintendo doesn't inspire confidence in general lately. That glimmer of hope for a decent E3 that I had is growing fainter by the day. I got a feeling more than half of the e3 will be about the 3ds

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The point I was going to make and why even paid this might not be very good though I want to be optimistic about it.
IMO it'd be easy to at least match the quality of the competition's paid services, and if they can do that at half the price it'll be a success. Granted, it's a low bar, but Nintendo didn't set it there.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...