The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mesiskope said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
The most under-rated Ds games would have to be Touch the Dead and Tokyo Beat down.
are you sure they aren't just shitty?
Have you ever honestly played them?

bialy_gibson

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are a lot of games that last a day on my DSTT, but there are few that stay there. Tokyo Beat Down, Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits and Nanostray 2 are among them. Pure fun, perfect for 15min grab & play.

Mesiskope

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mesiskope said:
The most under-rated Ds games would have to be Touch the Dead and Tokyo Beat down.
are you sure they aren't just shitty?
Have you ever honestly played them?
a painfully insulting question, what kind of asshole do you take me f-of fucking course i played them!!
when I played Touch the dead and tokyo beat down they sucked so hard I apologized to my micro sd card for forcing it to hold such steaming piles of shit. I even promised it my first born son just to make up for it, seriously it was that awful.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not all that bad. Tokyo Beatdown is a pretty funny game and I never found it terrible. Good sense of humor at least and it's a decently fun 2-D beamup.

Touch the Dead I wasn't a big fan of though. It felt kinda boring. Still, it's one of the few light gun games on the DS so if you're really into those types of games, then you may enjoy this.l

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mesiskope said:
a painfully insulting question, what kind of asshole do you take me f-of fucking course i played them!!
when I played Touch the dead and tokyo beat down they sucked so hard I apologized to my micro sd card for forcing it to hold such steaming piles of shit. I even promised it my first born son just to make up for it, seriously it was that awful.

Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean that other people couldn't, calm down. The two games were actually kinda fun. (well, Tokyo Beat Down was, Touch the Dead was fun at first, but got kinda boring)

Most underrated games? Sideswiped, Robocalypse, Exit, N+, Feel the Magic, Magical Starsign.. many more, I just can't recall them at the time.

And please don't say that kind of stuff about your own future son.. that's insensitive even if you're not even close to having one.

Mesiskope

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
holy s#!% I wasn't even trying, but oh well. I guess my opinion confuses and enrages people.
successful-troll-is-successful.jpg
I honestly hated those games.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last night I spent a good part of my night playing one game, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.
I have to say, I love the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon! My first DS game Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team, that I got for Christmas and honestly I couldn't put the game down. From Christmas morning to 10 minutes before New Years, I was playing that game from 8AM in the morning to 1AM in the morning, till I finished it 10 minutes before New Years and enjoyed every minute of it. Then when Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness was released, I honestly pirated the game (I was massive pirate around that time), but loved this game so much I didn't even keep it so I could go out and buy. Sadly I wasn't able to and ended up buying Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky like last mouth, but was busy playing Pokemon Black at the time. Now I am playing it and most say, I don't get what people have a problem with these games. People always demand change on the pokemon games and when they got it, they bitched about it. Honestly I say it's the best damn thing if you enjoy Dungeon Crawlers and love pokemon. Playing as my favorite pokemon (I seem to get Charmander every time, this time I got Rilou though!) just makes these games outstanding.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this old topic is still alive.

I know the game is goddamn ugly for DS standards, hell maybe even GBA, but if you're into railroad sims you can't pass up Lionel Trains on Track. The game basically is a portable version of Railroad Tycoon (the original) just on a smaller scale. You lay track, make trains, set schedules, haul people fright and mail, build and grow properties in towns to increase production, and chain shipments between towns to make better goods (wood to another town makes furniture.) It's a pretty good game, shitty on the audio/visual end is all.

unseen4ce

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think any of those games are available in Australia, we have a limited and much overpriced range. Most games go for $60, pre-owned. They pay the orignal owner $5 then charge $60 while every other region pays $35 brand new. Also our dollar is worth MORE then the US dollar now, and we still pay these obscene amounts while retailers whinge about how "cheap" the internet is.

I wish we could get some obscure games like Dragon Quest 5 etc, so that I could nominate a "most underated game".

This is why games are region locked, so that Nintendo can continue to exploit Australia.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
unseen4ce said:
I don't think any of those games are available in Australia, we have a limited and much overpriced range. Most games go for $60, pre-owned. They pay the orignal owner $5 then charge $60 while every other region pays $35 brand new. Also our dollar is worth MORE then the US dollar now, and we still pay these obscene amounts while retailers whinge about how "cheap" the internet is.

I wish we could get some obscure games like Dragon Quest 5 etc, so that I could nominate a "most underated game".

This is why games are region locked, so that Nintendo can continue to exploit Australia.
Australians can afford to pay more for goods, but yeah, I'd like to see more obscure games too.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
oh yeah, have anybody tried Geometry Wars: Galaxies and XG Blast? They're sandbox (non-rail) bullethell shooters. Simple graphics, but pretty snazzy effects, IMHO. and they're great as pickup-and-play games, but they have achievements to get for non-casual gamers as well. and multiplayer is crazy fun.
happy.gif

IzzyInfamous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shiren the Wanderer. I mean, seriously. How is that game not on this list yet?

I guess the FF:CC games could be added, but most people are prolly aware of how awesome they are.

Dunno if Ghost Trick is considered underrated or not, but it's a top 10 DS game for me.

BloodyEdge92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the list is still getting updated
well actually I don't know if these are considered underrated but I don't exactly hear them getting talked about.
Bomberman 2 (classic bomberman gameplay with rpg mechanics)

Puyo Puyo 20th anniversary (competitive falling jelly color matching game with lots of extras/gimmicks that don't have to be used) (JP only but still playable unless you can't go on without knowing the story)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
Picross DS is underrated.

The Picross game series as a whole is underrated. Lots of people won't try it at all because they think "ew, number puzzles," or they had a bad experience with Mario Picross and won't try a newer version with the awesome touchscreen use (makes the game very involving). I personally find Picross 3D to be even better, yet rarely see it on a list of recommendations, even for DS puzzle games.

Jerome10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nathan Drake said:
Pingouin7 said:
Picross DS is underrated.

The Picross game series as a whole is underrated. Lots of people won't try it at all because they think "ew, number puzzles," or they had a bad experience with Mario Picross and won't try a newer version with the awesome touchscreen use (makes the game very involving). I personally find Picross 3D to be even better, yet rarely see it on a list of recommendations, even for DS puzzle games.
I can only agree here, Picross games are often underrated, even though they're very good. People don't like numbers and reflexion around them (in general, but I agree some people do like numbers and reflexion, otherwise games like these, well even games in general wouldn't exist if not for having people doing maths, informatics and reflexion around it). I personally find those games awesome (especially Picross 3D), but indeed rarely see them in recommendations lists, plus they're so "not liked" by people they become hard to find in stores u_u

jose_exe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did someone mentioned already Umihara Kawase Shun - SE Kanenban?

Pretty fun platformer about a girl with a rubbery fishing string [a la Castlevania IV whip hanging]
Japanese menus, but easy to navigate also, kinda hard

[youtube]yfW6qgdRDYs[/youtube]

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
101 in 1 game

Actually the best in the mini game style only touch screen control.. my ex gf was crazy with this one and got me to like it too, somehow

edit : just saw post above mine, about Umihara Kawase Shun.. gosh i personally despise that game it is always mentioned as a hidden Ds gem but really it has oh so awkward controls.. sorta bionic commando stuff not my thing definitely.. plus design is quite unappealing, weird and empty looking like some cheap homebrew game.. all that IMO so take it or leave it huhu ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxH_Th3-LI