Gaming The most annoying thing in The World Ends With You is...

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't like the story of Another Day... that's it. It was so lame! "WE ARE THE KINDRED SPIRITS, I AM RED, YOU ARE PINK, YOU ARE BLUE ETC." It almost ruined the game for me. But I did like how Joshua was like gay, then Shiki was like "I didn't know THAT was going on" (or something like that).

I REALLY want to know what Rhyme's entry fee was, and also the entry fee for Neku's fourth game (against Joshua, the gun duel). Also, I want to know how exactly Shiki controls Mr Mew. She says that sometimes he seems like he acts on his own, so does that mean he is alive somehow, or that she can use some strange sub-conscious ability? I NEED CLOSURE ON THESE FACTS. I am so obsessive about game stories that I need to know every little detail and especially with a game like this, I want to know everything. The secret reports only get you so far...

Lunisneko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arktikna said:
The most irritating part is that the creators expect you to play the game twice, just so you get those noise reports, which add absolutely NOTHING to the game.
You don't have to play the game twice. You don't have to get the secret reports. You don't have to finish the noise list. It's all optional, and completing the secret reports generally takes you no more than half through the day.

QUOTE(Batman55 @ Jul 4 2008, 08:55 PM) I didn't like the story of Another Day... that's it. It was so lame! "WE ARE THE KINDRED SPIRITS, I AM RED, YOU ARE PINK, YOU ARE BLUE ETC." It almost ruined the game for me. But I did like how Joshua was like gay, then Shiki was like "I didn't know THAT was going on" (or something like that).

I REALLY want to know what Rhyme's entry fee was, and also the entry fee for Neku's fourth game (against Joshua, the gun duel). Also, I want to know how exactly Shiki controls Mr Mew. She says that sometimes he seems like he acts on his own, so does that mean he is alive somehow, or that she can use some strange sub-conscious ability? I NEED CLOSURE ON THESE FACTS. I am so obsessive about game stories that I need to know every little detail and especially with a game like this, I want to know everything. The secret reports only get you so far...
I believe the entry fee for Neku's fourth game was Shiki and Beat. Shiki controls Mr. Mew psychokinetically, just like you can control the obstacles with the psychokenetic pins. When she says Mr. Mew moves on his own, it's that she wills it to move and it does despite her willing it to move not being entirely concious.
Another Day is optional. And it's hilarious. If an optional day about alternate-universe versions of the main characters almost ruins a day for you then you have some kinda serious issues
wink.gif

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Lunisneko said:
His response

It sounds like you were completely enthralled with this game... High five brutha!
grog.gif

The only real issue I had with this game was the steep learning curve in the beginning. Quite hard for me to multitask on both screens.

I didn't mind the repetitive music, artwork style, or long conversations. It added a Square Enix feel to the game, and made it what it is.

I am curious though, to the people who call this game mediocre: what game was great?

Spaceman016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The music was like YUCK

It actually had me dreading to play the game because of it. Im a person who has to play games with sound effects
So yeah the music really bugged me bigtime.

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Lunisneko said:
I hate to tell you this but... You have the same ability to wear women's clothing too. Whether or not you do it entirely up to you.
Also, your use of the word "homo" is confusing. Do you realize that "homo" is latin for "man"? Perhaps you were using it as a shortened "homosexual", which is popular to do these days. Such negative use of words referring to homosexuals is highly offensive.

So you checked out the wikipedia it seems. however you checked it out in the worng language
the homo in homo-sexual is greek actually, homo in greek is a prefix meaning "the same" or "equal"
homo-sexual meaning someone whose sexual preferences are for the same sex

If what you would have said was true hetrosexual (you might have guessed it hetero means "different") women who like men would be homosexual

God what you said was stupid...

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I didn't mind the lots of dialogue, since it was the way the story intented to be unfold anyway. It kinda reminds me the rants about Metal Gear Solid 4 cutscenes being too long - given the fact that the first is an RPG and the second is a heavily story-based action game, wouldn't you know something like this was coming? To me it's like getting a Mario game and complaining it has way too many jumps.
huh.gif

The game has a few small issues, like the fact there wasn't a comparison board of equipaments on shops (IOW: You coudn't know if that equipament you are going to buy was better than your current or not unless you had a suberb memory or a sheet of paper). But the only one I think it's worth complaining is the surprise reaper encounters next in the final days. Random battles when you're trying to advance are a complete nuisance.

unholyassassin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game was perfectly fine except for a very few things.

Better Replay Value - This doesn't just affect this game, but most DS games have low replay value. Once you beat the Main Storyline and get all the Secret Reports (Which doesn't take long), there's nothing really left to do. (unless you're a completely hardcore player that collects every item like every pokemon)

Fast Forwarding Text - Ok, at least they gave you the option of fast forwarding instead of just being forced to reread dialogue normally, but still, I think it would be better if you would be able to just skip it instead.

Multitasking is hard at first, I agree but after a while, it's becomes very easy for me and can kick Noise in the arse very quickly.

~Unholy 8)

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Batman55 said:
I didn't like the story of Another Day... that's it. It was so lame! "WE ARE THE KINDRED SPIRITS, I AM RED, YOU ARE PINK, YOU ARE BLUE ETC." It almost ruined the game for me. But I did like how Joshua was like gay, then Shiki was like "I didn't know THAT was going on" (or something like that).

I believe the entry fee for Neku's fourth game was Shiki and Beat. Shiki controls Mr. Mew psychokinetically, just like you can control the obstacles with the psychokenetic pins. When she says Mr. Mew moves on his own, it's that she wills it to move and it does despite her willing it to move not being entirely concious.
Another Day is optional. And it's hilarious. If an optional day about alternate-universe versions of the main characters almost ruins a day for you then you have some kinda serious issues
wink.gif

Because it's like the devs went through so much trouble making the characters likable by the end of the game (most people grew to like Neku, they hated him at the beginning), then they turn the whole thing into some wack universe and you just lose interest in all those characters again. It's not a good way to end the game, IMO. And I suppose I was exaggerating when I said it almost ruined the game for me, it's just my least favourite part.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i just started teh game and there is way too much dialogue, and when i say dialogue i don't mean story line, just empty endless pointless dialogue. does it ease up eventually, i'm just barely passed the dog statue, if the dialogue doesn't get filtered to important matters i just can't play it anymore.

and the music is the suck. i can stand it when it's just beats but so far the female vocal with the repeating lyric over and over is like being at a gay club.

the style at first reminded me a lot of The Maxx, but not quite.

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nando said:
i just started teh game and there is way too much dialogue, and when i say dialogue i don't mean story line, just empty endless pointless dialogue. does it ease up eventually, i'm just barely passed the dog statue, if the dialogue doesn't get filtered to important matters i just can't play it anymore.

and the music is the suck. i can stand it when it's just beats but so far the female vocal with the repeating lyric over and over is like being at a gay club.

After the first few days the dialogue starts to become interesting as it either reveals the storyline or it helps character development, but it does have a lot of text. As for the music (I'm not sure) I think it becomes a larger selection over time, there is over 30 tracks in the game so they start to become different.

BTW the song you are talking about is very annoying IMO, it's called Calling and it gets stuck in your head.
blink.gif

PS: Calling is now stuck in your head... and mine too.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Batman55 said:
nando said:

After the first few days the dialogue starts to become interesting as it either reveals the storyline or it helps character development, but it does have a lot of text. As for the music (I'm not sure) I think it becomes a larger selection over time, there is over 30 tracks in the game so they start to become different.

BTW the song you are talking about is very annoying IMO, it's called Calling and it gets stuck in your head.
blink.gif

PS: Calling is now stuck in your head... and mine too.

you know, strange enough it didn't get stuck in my had and i can hardly remember it and i just played it last night. my anti-bad music immune system did a pretty good job of blocking it i guess.
tongue.gif

i'll give it a few more hours of play time.

nyaonyao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think its right to diss the game because you can't get the pins to work and evolve. I was able to grasp the concept without having to read any FAQs and guides. If you still can't make it work by paying attention and having read walkthroughs then something must suck! Right? Right! But its definitely not the game!
tongue.gif

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
TWEWY is an awesome game, but the dual fighting system is just annoying, so I set it to auto.

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Killermech said:
Neku being an emo throughout 60% of the game... I don't mind emo main characters, but seriously. Does he have to remind you how emo he is in almost every freaking dialogue.
I liked Beat, too bad they made his character a caveman
frown.gif

Meh, I didn't really like Beat. (Too stupid >_>) My fav character would probably be Joshua or Mr H. Joshua's a bit annoying, but what i like about him is how he knows everything. And Mr H, well, you gotta love him. Neku is okay, though. Cloud was emo too xD.

Personally I loved the game. Thought it was great. I love the art style and the fashion sense of it all. Sometimes I would just stop and stare at the pixelated-very-fashionable-people walk around the scamble. =D (I'm such a loser i know.)

Not to mention, the numerous suprises the plot gave was a great addition.
yaynds.gif

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
nyaonyao said:
I don't think its right to diss the game because you can't get the pins to work and evolve. I was able to grasp the concept without having to read any FAQs and guides. If you still can't make it work by paying attention and having read walkthroughs then something must suck! Right? Right! But its definitely not the game!
tongue.gif
how do you know what kind of PP each pin needs to evolve without reading FAQ?

Austinz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didnt like that it didnt warn me that scarletine was really scarce and hard to get . . i wanna chain up to 16 battles but cant find any scarletine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.