The Switch Flashcart Thread (Mig Switch/Unlocked Switch etc.)

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
oh, so if i have a banned switch i can just download any "normal" scene-released xci (not .nsp) and play it without the need of XXX (Initial Data).bin” and “XXX (Certificate).bin?
As far as I know, you need the matching initial data and the XCI game, the rest can be taken from a donor cart (preferably a new, sealed one, or used one for which you know wasn't dumped before and no one else might be using its certs like it's the case with the publicly available certs and dumps), just stay away from the online stuff.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I wonder if the mig people would give instructions for converting a v1 to a v2... (if indeed it is different than just raising the detect pin high).

[edit]

Looking at a couple of images, it looks like the sense pin is connected to GND via a resister, but also to a random IO pin on the ESP32. The button seems to be connected to GPIO1 on the EPS32,[edit] I assume the pin is pulled high by that GPIO pin when switching games [/edit] so there is something happening in software, even if it is (currently) only raising the sense pin, it's doing it by software means.
In theory though, with some careful soldering, you should be able to turn a v1 into a v2 without a lot of trouble.

1719218375966.png

Last edited by spinal_cord,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I wonder if the mig people would give instructions for converting a v1 to a v2... (if indeed it is different than just raising the detect pin high).

[edit]

Looking at a couple of images, it looks like the sense pin is connected to GND via a resister, but also to a random IO pin on the ESP32. The button seems to be connected to GPIO1 on the EPS32,[edit] I assume the pin is pulled high by that GPIO pin when switching games [/edit] so there is something happening in software, even if it is (currently) only raising the sense pin, it's doing it by software means.
In theory though, with some careful soldering, you should be able to turn a v1 into a v2 without a lot of trouble.

View attachment 443745
Yes you not only need to tell to the console what the cartdrige is removed/inserted, via de the PIN2 of the console connector. you need the microcontroller to take care of the event.

So, THE PUSH button DO NOT OPEN/CLOSE pins 1 & 2 of the connector, that push button should give to the microcontroller a signal, THEN the microcontroller should take care of OPEN/CLOSE pins 1 & 2 of the connector, and the software changes on the FPGA.

The resistor in this case is a PullDown one.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I've been assuming that, because like you, I have not read anything to suggest different versions. Only newer or older.

[edit]
OK, a little bit of liney uppy with the screenshots concludes the following...

Cart Detect has a pull down resistor to GND and is connected to pin GPIO33 on the ESP32.
The button is a normal (normally off) button connected to GPIO1 and GND.
There should be enough space to add a resister on the chip side of the board, given that it needs the height for the chips and the SD holder.

1719259431323.png

Now, someone needs to dare to try it...

Last edited by spinal_cord,
  • Love

retnuh730

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, you need the matching initial data and the XCI game, the rest can be taken from a donor cart (preferably a new, sealed one, or used one for which you know wasn't dumped before and no one else might be using its certs like it's the case with the publicly available certs and dumps), just stay away from the online stuff.
Are Certs in any way attached to the game itself? Surely Nintendo can see the same cert being used for multiple games unless I'm completely misunderstanding the purpose of them.

retnuh730

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can read the OP.

The certificate sign the game and there is another cert for the cartdrige itself.
Correct, i'm more curious about the concept of a "donor" cert that's mentioned in my original quote. How are either of those certs not identifiable as reused, or not for the original game/cartridge? I have a ton of games nobody around me are ever going to play, how would the big N not know that I'm reusing a cartridge cert for my imported Disgaea 5 with other games? Do they really not track what cartridge goes with which game?

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Correct, i'm more curious about the concept of a "donor" cert that's mentioned in my original quote. How are either of those certs not identifiable as reused, or not for the original game/cartridge? I have a ton of games nobody around me are ever going to play, how would the big N not know that I'm reusing a cartridge cert for my imported Disgaea 5 with other games? Do they really not track what cartridge goes with which game?
Because no one knows except N themselves. It's just a matter of time until they push an update that do this.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
To represent a CORRECT cartridge, you need all files from the same original one, that way the MIG device will simulate the EXACT SAME original Cartridge.

Now, if YOU NEVER WILL GO ONLINE OR YOU ARE ALREADY BANNED, you can use a donor certificate to allow the console to run a different software than the one on the original cartridge on a simulated one by a MIG device.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
UnlockSwitch team has released the final design for their programmer. Apparently, it'll have transparent case and the colors are here just to separate the parts visually.
EDIT: And the final design for the v2 UnlockSwitch.

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1

retnuh730

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To represent a CORRECT cartridge, you need all files from the same original one, that way the MIG device will simulate the EXACT SAME original Cartridge.

Now, if YOU NEVER WILL GO ONLINE OR YOU ARE ALREADY BANNED, you can use a donor certificate to allow the console to run a different software than the one on the original cartridge on a simulated one by a MIG device.
Thank you for explaining. My confusion was thinking “able to boot games” with the donor cert meant that you’d be able to avoid bans since it was otherwise unused.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been assuming that, because like you, I have not read anything to suggest different versions. Only newer or older.

[edit]
OK, a little bit of liney uppy with the screenshots concludes the following...

Cart Detect has a pull down resistor to GND and is connected to pin GPIO33 on the ESP32.
The button is a normal (normally off) button connected to GPIO1 and GND.
There should be enough space to add a resister on the chip side of the board, given that it needs the height for the chips and the SD holder.

View attachment 443836

Now, someone needs to dare to try it...
Yep, this is pretty much what i expected. Instead of searching for small enough normally open switches they went the software route. Makes sense and is cheaper. Only problem is where do you get the V2 firmware? Allegedly the V2 removed the normal game switching via remove/insert.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you for explaining. My confusion was thinking “able to boot games” with the donor cert meant that you’d be able to avoid bans since it was otherwise unused.
Yes and the worst is: even if you connected the MIG device with a invalid certificate while the console is offline, you will be banned when that console will back online

Reactions: retnuh730

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I'd quite enjoy a life of taking it easy. But I haven't reached that life yet.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: you too