Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just finished my Ubuntu Sakura skin for Sakura 1.34. Please add it to the first post.

Give it a try and rate it if possible. Comments and suggestions are welcome.
yaynds.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5009

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried replacing the splash movie in 1.34? I suspect it's a soundless DSM, but I don't have the time to prepare a film to test my theory.

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
Has anyone tried replacing the splash movie in 1.34? I suspect it's a soundless DSM, but I don't have the time to prepare a film to test my theory.

Well, I checked the "splash.ini" file. it's not a DPG or DSM video so I'm not sure how to go about creating a replacement. You can however delete the splash file and you will just get a black top screen during startup, and then the menu loads up just fine.

st40611

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Planning to buy the M3 real, and just wondering, do any of the 3 support unicode filename/metatag? I have a number of foreign language I would like to listen on the go and I don't want to see squares on my DS ...

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
st40611 said:
Planning to buy the M3 real, and just wondering, do any of the 3 support unicode filename/metatag? I have a number of foreign language I would like to listen on the go and I don't want to see squares on my DS ...
I just checked the English version of the firmware and I just found out that the Japanese text on my MP3s don't display at all. It just shows "????" instead. In fact, none of my Japanese text files or ROMs with Japanese titles show up correctly. I already requested for it to be fixed here.

mc_B3oWoLF

Trophies
Website
mc-b3owolf.narod.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You can fix it yourself
wink.gif

Just use the 'other file'
I mean, I don't remember the name of the pair-file for messages.00X (CHRGLPH.00X, I guess)
Just take the chrglyph.932 (or smth like that) from the hacked 1.12 +/a version, rename the extension from 9XX to 00X (000, I guess) & replace the original chrglyph-file by the "Old-New" one
happy.gif

I hope, you DID understand that rave, I've written above
wink.gif

(The problem is - I'm at work right now and can't be sure about names of the files
laugh.gif
)

Okay, here's the solution: DOWNLOAD

I didn't test it, sorry, so I'm waiting for your response, if it works or not
wink.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mc_B3oWoLF said:

wink.gif
When I extracted the file, but I got an error message saying "Invalid or corrupt authenticity information." I cleared my cache and re-downloaded the file again, but got the same thing. I can extract the file, but I just get that error message. I know what you're saying about how to do it though, so I'll rename the file myself. Thanks for coming up with the fix! I'll let you know if it works
smile.gif

QUOTE(osckeitaro @ Mar 5 2009, 09:34 AM) can someone make a new release with fixes and loader M3 Sakura + Touch Pod 4.3 ?
The download has already been updated with TouchPod v4.3. Do you mean include mc_B3oWoLF's fix for Asian fonts?

*EDIT*
@ mc_B3oWoLF: I just tried it and it doesn't work
frown.gif

Some Japanese characters display, but it's not the correct characters. For example, I have an MP3 on my card by the Japanese group EXILE. In Japanese, EXILE is エグザイル, but now it shows up like 敦京壇交

liipod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here It is, 100% Working.

M3Sakura 1.34 + Touchpod 4.3

Whats New:

Include xJohnny's changes (-) new ones (*)

Includes TouchPod v4.3 (E39) SYSTEM files for Europe/USA:
* lic.dat
* m3_g.dat
* m3_m.dat
* menu.xxx (all languages have been included)
* minigame.xxx (all languages have been included)

Includes the following message.xxx files:
- messages.000 English By Densetsu3000
- messages.001 French Revised by A-suuga
- messages.002 German Revised by powered_by_tux and Zerrix
* messages.003 Italian By by pesi
- messages.004 Spanish Revised by Nagaroth and GaciX 69
- messages.005 Portuguese By Denison Guizelini and Axel-MaV
- messages.006 Dutch Revised by Grovyle91

Includes Narin's most recent cheat database as of 03-04-2009:
* cheat.db

Morning Timer has been removed from the firmware to prevent crashes.

Thanks for the "Readme" i've just updated it.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
mc_B3oWoLF said:
You can fix it yourself
wink.gif

Just use the 'other file'
I mean, I don't remember the name of the pair-file for messages.00X (CHRGLPH.00X, I guess)
Just take the chrglyph.932 (or smth like that) from the hacked 1.12 +/a version, rename the extension from 9XX to 00X (000, I guess) & replace the original chrglyph-file by the "Old-New" one
happy.gif

I hope, you DID understand that rave, I've written above
wink.gif

(The problem is - I'm at work right now and can't be sure about names of the files
laugh.gif
)

wink.gif
or download the jap version of sakura and get the chrglyph.xxx and messages.xxx ..rename them to .000
works great..thanks

Nagaroth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
mc_B3oWoLF said:

wink.gif
When I extracted the file, but I got an error message saying "Invalid or corrupt authenticity information." I cleared my cache and re-downloaded the file again, but got the same thing. I can extract the file, but I just get that error message.

The file is not corrupted, neither is your cache. That message appears when whoever created the rar file used a... "modified"... version of WinRAR. The file is fine as long as you don't get any other error message tho.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
liipod said:
Here It is, 100% Working.How is this different from the one I uploaded a few days ago? Is it the revised Italian translation by pesi?

mc_B3oWoLF said:
Upd. I've reuploaded the file. The archive is now "sfx", that means, you should rename (simply delete ".rar" in the end) the file to ".exe"
Same URLDoes this one work? Sorry, I've been away from home all day and haven't had a chance to test it.

QUOTE(Nagaroth @ Mar 6 2009, 01:20 AM)
The file is not corrupted, neither is your cache. That message appears when whoever created the rar file used a... "modified"... version of WinRAR. The file is fine as long as you don't get any other error message tho.
Thanks for the clarification!

Nagaroth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mc_B3oWoLF said:
How should I fix this problem?
(Maybe creating an sfx-archive would help?)

If you mean the authenticity error message, when creating a new rar file make sure you disable the "put authenticity verification" check. Actually, for a small file like that one you should disable all the check marks under the Archiving Options section unless for some reason you specifically need one of them.

mc_B3oWoLF

Trophies
Website
mc-b3owolf.narod.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Nagaroth said:
If you mean the authenticity error message, when creating a new rar file make sure you disable the "put authenticity verification" check. Actually, for a small file like that one you should disable all the check marks under the Archiving Options section unless for some reason you specifically need one of them.

Thanks, I thought about it, so I disabled all the "checks" while creating the new archive I uploaded (see my prev. post)

I hope it should work properly)))
I'm at work again, so... I need your response if the reuploaded version works correctly or not
wink.gif

liipod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@D3000

4.2e was written in the faq,or i just haven't seen it.

and yes there's "message.003" by pesi,and original menu.eng

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock