Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm stuck in the Temple, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to turn these Damn Skulltulas around.
I've tried like everything, can anyone help?
If they are hanging by a thread whack them horizontally and they will spin and when they are turned around just stab in the purple orb. If they are on the ground crawling point down then do an upward slash to flip em on their back and just do a finishing blow.

Reactions: 1 person

Nizireth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I'm stuck in the Temple, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to turn these Damn Skulltulas around.
I've tried like everything, can anyone help?

A Zelda game with physics. Use horizontal slashes or spin attacks, cut the string (with your Beetle, for example), be creative. Skulltulas really are a pain before you get a good feel for everything.

EDIT: Too late.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you can get 20 hearts without the 2 medals, then I am missing quite a lot PoH. I can't wait for the strategy guide's PDF.

One PoH I gave up on is the one in shipyard where you must beat 1:05. My best time is 1:11 and no offense, the controls are so terrible, I can't put up with it there.

I want to turn left or right, so I tilt in the appropriate direction, but it does the opposite and I either fall off or lose so much time, I can't do it, it's impossible.

This game doesn't deserve 8/10 or above. The controls alone should drop the score below 8/10 on their owns. It's so terrible, I am sometime dreaming of murdering whoever made them.
i was wrong you do need the two heart medals to get full 20 hearts unless after you get all the heart pieces you use an ocarina code to give you max without the medals.

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
iv just started the desert level and im stuck. theres a small passage i need to get down but stamina alone wont get me far enough. there is one bomb at the start of the passage and a rock in the middle of the quicksand. iv tryed blowing up the rock hoping to find a platform but nothing :(

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
iv just started the desert level and im stuck. theres a small passage i need to get down but stamina alone wont get me far enough. there is one bomb at the start of the passage and a rock in the middle of the quicksand. iv tryed blowing up the rock hoping to find a platform but nothing :(
in skyloft behind the training ground there's a shekia stone that will show you how to pass any area in the game.

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
I am having SO much trouble on the first boss.
I can't seem to avoid his damn charge thing he does.
Is there anyway to avoid it?
I dash away from him but he always ends up right on me :(.
Block the attack with the shield then strike back.It's also helpful against other enemies and when they strike.

Nizireth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Block the attack with the shield then strike back.It's also helpful against other enemies and when they strike.

You can also just slash him before he attacks you. I played pretty much without a shield, but being comfortable with your shield's timing can add a lot of convenience to your playthrough, so you might as well just practise that right now.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely finding it to be easy. I've yet to die once and I just got the (Item Spoiler)
Hylian Shield
so I'm quite a ways in. With swordplay mechanics like this game has, it would be nice if the combat was harder. Also... the puzzles are a bit too easily solved. Oh well, I'm still having a blast with this game. It's part of the reason I upgraded my computer so I could play it in HD.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just stand at the edge and bowl the bombs so that they reach the other side of the passage blowing up all the rocks and revealing a time stone which when activated changes the quicksand into grass.
So how do you get the hylian shield, the stone says I have to meet the dragon and pass his test or something like that I don't even remember, how do I do that.

Cilph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just stand at the edge and bowl the bombs so that they reach the other side of the passage blowing up all the rocks and revealing a time stone which when activated changes the quicksand into grass.
So how do you get the hylian shield, the stone says I have to meet the dragon and pass his test or something like that I don't even remember, how do I do that.

The Thunder Dragon allows you to battle old bosses; if you do 8 in a row without potions/fairies/items you get the shield.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Thunder Dragon allows you to battle old bosses; if you do 8 in a row without potions/fairies/items you get the shield.
Wow really? Most bosses didn't even hurt you at all because you can always dodge their attacks >.> So a final question, is there really any point to have a bigger wallet than 1200 rupees? I mean is there something more expensive than the last adventure pouch?

Nizireth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Wow really? Most bosses didn't even hurt you at all because you can always dodge their attacks >.> So a final question, is there really any point to have a bigger wallet than 1200 rupees? I mean is there something more expensive than the last adventure pouch?

The most expensive item I recall was
1600 rupees
for a
Piece of Heart

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in the Earth Temple fighting the boss and seems to me that the IGN walkthrough is off

They say "but Scaldera will not be able to pass the Bomb Plants on the ramp."
So I believed this and I turned my back on the boss while gathering bombs. There Scaldera was ... Right at the top of the ramp in the middle of the bomb flowers and hearts. Maybe they did not really play the game?

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in the Earth Temple fighting the boss and seems to me that the IGN walkthrough is off

So I believed this and I turned my back on the boss while gathering bombs. There Scaldera was ... Right at the top of the ramp in the middle of the bomb flowers and hearts. Maybe they did not really play the game?

Really?
Because when I fought it, it never got past that last bunch of bomb flowers on the ramp. I have no idea how it got up there to attack you.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country

Really?
Because when I fought it, it never got past that last bunch of bomb flowers on the ramp. I have no idea how it got up there to attack you.

Same here. However on the gauntlet (You know what I mean once you get there) the bastard did. It MIGHT be a bug. But during the original fight he got wtfpwnd whenever he approached the bombs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.