Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

Andrew_DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awww why is that? Not living up to the hype?

I'm really liking the game but in the back of my mind something about it is really bugging me =/ It's really weird =P

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it's full of too many gimmicks and doesn't feel like a zelda game.

o well dont really care i've got anno 2070 now like i've told myself over 9000 times "there will always be other games, other challenges" :creep:

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how I can get this goddess cube in Eldin Volcano?
jshot20111118171336.png
It's the last one I'm missing and I can't reach any of the nearby vines with clawshot. It's past the hot room, near the entrance to the 6th dungeon (or is it 5th? I'm not sure, but I did it last)
Just dump and glide to the platform behind the rock. There is a gossip stone close by, and it will tell you exactly this. If not, the gossip stone by the Academy, at Skyloft, has a video of this. By the way, how do you know that's the last cube?
I dowsed for cubes everywhere in the 3 areas after getting the ability to dowse for them and I've already collected all the other ones. ;) (at the same time I collected the song parts)
I knew there was a gossip stone there because of the butterflies, but couldn't reach them :P
I haven't used the sheikah stone, it feels like cheating (moreso than checking a guide/asking someone for help)

Where is the goddess cube in the first dungeon? There is one there and not being able to dowse in dungeons, I am clueless to find it.

How many hearts (excluding the two life medals) can you get? I'm at 17 3/4 and out of ideas how to even find one more piece. Also, is there any way to confirm you found all Goddess Cubes other than dowsing and not finding one?

And cris92x, the bigger net helps a lot. Depending on how far you are into the game I'd say in front of the temple is a good spot to get many of them.

You're missing one heart piece. You can only have 18 hearts in this game, you need the 2 medals to complete the full bar.

That's not true you don't need medals to complete the heart bar as im 20/20 now after picking up the guide at midnight. To the guy asking how the game is i completed the main game in 35hrs and 100% the game in 52:05 and i gotta say its my second favorite zelda game next to alttp the game is simply amazing.

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How the hell are you supposed to rotate your sword in front of the eyes in the first dungeon? If I swing the WiiMote in a circular motion they just keep watching my sword, if I rotate it too fast Link will just randomly slash with it. I got through the first two by just wiggling around enough with the WM, but that can't be the purpose...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell are you supposed to rotate your sword in front of the eyes in the first dungeon? If I swing the WiiMote in a circular motion they just keep watching my sword, if I rotate it too fast Link will just randomly slash with it. I got through the first two by just wiggling around enough with the WM, but that can't be the purpose...

If there's multiple eyes you need to make sure they're watching your sword at the same time. There's a door with one eye, a door with two eyes, and a door with three I'm pretty sure (the third one requires you to push a box around to get the perfect position where all three watch). Then just do the windmill with your arm and it should be fine, slow and steady.

did you know in skyloft you can talk to the gossip stone behind the training ground and it tells you how to get past any puzzle/boss?

Basically Super Guide for the game. Although almost every boss has really obvious pointers on how to beat them and if they don't, just target them and talk to Fi. Most bosses just boil down to "use the item you just got and then hit their weak points for massive damage". Not that that's a bad thing at all, that's how it's been since the dawn of time.

Side note: How come I think of Fiona from Burn Notice when they say Fi?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
did you know in skyloft you can talk to the gossip stone behind the training ground and it tells you how to get past any puzzle/boss?
That's the sheikah stone. It's meant for non-gamers who have never played a zelda game before.
not it tells you how to get past ANY puzzle in any dungeon or area. :P

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright i just picked up my zelda guide here is a quick rundown

24 Heart Pieces
27 Goddess Cubes
5 Bottles
65 Gratitude Crystals threw quests
15 Gratitude Crystal lying around at night time (Grand total: 80)

Gratitude Crystal Rewards
5 - Medium Wallet
10 - Piece of Heart
30 - Big Wallet & Cursed Medal
40 - Gold Rupee
50 - Giant Wallet
70 - Gold Rupee x2
80 - Tycoon Wallet

Will post back with more later

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
More interested in Pieces of heart here.

Also anyone know where the archery mini-game is? I know that one gives you one.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you can get 20 hearts without the 2 medals, then I am missing quite a lot PoH. I can't wait for the strategy guide's PDF.

One PoH I gave up on is the one in shipyard where you must beat 1:05. My best time is 1:11 and no offense, the controls are so terrible, I can't put up with it there.

I want to turn left or right, so I tilt in the appropriate direction, but it does the opposite and I either fall off or lose so much time, I can't do it, it's impossible.

This game doesn't deserve 8/10 or above. The controls alone should drop the score below 8/10 on their owns. It's so terrible, I am sometime dreaming of murdering whoever made them.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this weird stone sign thing. It said "He who descended from above: Look to the star that the bird rising heavenward gazes upon, and aim your shot there." I don't get it. And I do sign language myself. "Person who came from above, look up the sky that bird flying up and shoot it" This is my ASL sign language. I can't stand each word because it wont make a sense for deaf. So that why I always use sign language if I can't understand sentence said. So I guess that mean I have to ride the bird up to sky at night and shoot them. Am I right or wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: im new