Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GameGeek said:
Tanveer said:
NiGHtS said:
These graphics look horrible! How can they promote this game using the fact it has 'all new graphics' or a 'graphical update' when the graphics still are only marginally than the original. Dissapointing.

Although, it may be worth a play seeing as I never finished the original.
Nah mate, no way the graphics should be called "horrible".
Its not horribly pixelated or anything that would hurt your eyes.

Its quite acceptable and if you havent played it before and a fan of Action Adventure/RPG style games then you might wanna give this a try.
For a 2011 game (even a handheld one), it looks horrible. From that trailer, it looks like they updated Link's model, changed a few textures, and called it a day.
If this game is a example of the limits set by the 3DS' specs, I'll be really disappointed. It would mean that the 3DS is more underpowered than the PSP, which came out 7 years earlier than it.
That probably isnt the best of 3DS. They are just getting started with it.
But if you are hoping much more than that graphically, perhaps the 3DS isnt for you and neither is any Nintendo product.

On topic: I pre-ordered it, but then found out amazons price on 3DS console went up
frown.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
morcar said:
Typical nintendo shite.

Cant be arsed to make a proper zelda game on a new console so they have to rehash an old game.

Yes its a classic but meh i played it far too many times and Nintendo is boring me to death with all these old titles rehashed.

Yeah, this is probably made for the people who do love the idea of a remake, like myself.
(Remake, since there is some pretty obvious model changes in certain areas)

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NiGHtS said:
These graphics look horrible! How can they promote this game using the fact it has 'all new graphics' or a 'graphical update' when the graphics still are only marginally than the original. Dissapointing.

GameGeek said:
Tanveer said:
QUOTE(NiGHtS @ May 10 2011, 08:32 PM) These graphics look horrible! How can they promote this game using the fact it has 'all new graphics' or a 'graphical update' when the graphics still are only marginally than the original. Dissapointing.

Nah mate, no way the graphics should be called "horrible".
Its not horribly pixelated or anything that would hurt your eyes.

Its quite acceptable and if you havent played it before and a fan of Action Adventure/RPG style games then you might wanna give this a try.
For a 2011 game (even a handheld one), it looks horrible. From that trailer, it looks like they updated Link's model, changed a few textures, and called it a day.
If this game is a example of the limits set by the 3DS' specs, I'll be really disappointed. It would mean that the 3DS is more underpowered than the PSP, which came out 7 years earlier than it.
And it's people like you that put Nintendo in such a tight spot to make the "perfect" game.

"OHH WE WANT BETTER GRAPHICS" "NO WE WANT ORIGINAL FORMULA BLAH BLAH BLAH" Nintendo can't satisfy everyone. They tried their best by adding so many new details while still trying to maintain the feel of the original. It's not supposed to be a new game, just a remake. And BTW, the 3DS has been out for... less than a year. Wait 2-3 for something more "your level".

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tbh, the only reason why I'm getting it is because I never got to own the original N64 version, just rented it.

But yeah, I don't like how the game looks like. It probably won't take the 3DS's potential to it's maximum available at the moment. The models look fine, but I saw gameplay screenshots, and it looks even like they re-used some textures, not to mention that the music is not going to be remastered/remixed. It's just a port with updated graphics.

Slyakin said:
"OHH WE WANT BETTER GRAPHICS" "NO WE WANT ORIGINAL FORMULA BLAH BLAH BLAH" Nintendo can't satisfy everyone. They tried their best by adding so many new details while still trying to maintain the feel of the original. It's not supposed to be a new game, just a remake. And BTW, the 3DS has been out for... less than a year. Wait 2-3 for something more "your level".

Oh please, come on. To make a remake have the feeling of the original is one thing. to re-use things in a game to make it look similar is completely different.

As some people have said already, this is a remake focused on graphics.

Please think a bit more next time and try to understand people's opinion than comparing us to stupid gamers who only care about graphics.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Tanveer said:
That probably isnt the best of 3DS. They are just getting started with it.
I know, but I don't remember early PSP games looking this bland.

Slyakin said:
And it's people like you that put Nintendo in such a tight spot to make the "perfect" game.
Well, excuse me for asking for a remake to do more graphic enhancement than just adding some polygons to the player character's model.

Slyakin said:
"NO WE WANT ORIGINAL FORMULA BLAH BLAH BLAH" Nintendo can't satisfy everyone. They tried their best by adding so many new details while still trying to maintain the feel of the original. It's not supposed to be a new game, just a remake. And BTW, the 3DS has been out for... less than a year. Wait 2-3 for something more "your level".
Right, because adding more polygons to the graphics means that a game will loose the "feel of the original".
And your idea of Nintendo "trying their best by adding so many new details" is updating the Link's model and changing some textures? You must think SM64DS is an amazing accomplishment in game remakes graphics-wise, as they updated the look of nearly everything in that game. Everything looked more detailed and better shaped, and there was hardly any model that didn't gain extra polygons.

Shanester
People have to remember that this will be played on a small screen, so graphics will appear better on the 3ds.
Even if that's the case, it's disappointing to see Nintendo doing such a lazy job in upgrading the game's look. Not saying that it will be a bad game or that I won't be getting it, mind you.

Edit: Typo

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameGeek said:
*stuff*

I agree although SM64DS had a bit more to it than just graphics. It had 3 more playable characters and I thought some new stars. Just sayin'.

QUOTE(Nirraic @ May 11 2011, 01:55 AM) may i remind you that this is being developed by a 3rd party company, the graphics are not going to be the best from a fairly new 3rd party company.

http://www.destructoid.com/ocarina-of-time...ty-198725.phtml
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/04/ocari...ntendo-ead.html
http://www.zelda.in/2011/04/ocarina-of-tim...t-nintendo-ead/

It's only a "new" studio of veteran game designers. Stop using the same old "IT'S A THIRD PARTY SO IT'S THEIR FAULT" stuff.

And just some food for thought, this feels basically the same as these "HD collections" people love to criticize the PS3 for getting. I guess the difference is that it's Nintendo and it's Ocarina of Time. I never even saw the appeal to OoT. It wasn't bad but it didn't blow me away at all.

NoOneDies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta admit the graphics aren't that great, but the 3D may add a nice effect so it may look a lot better.

If you want to see the 3DS potential graphics, we have to wait for RE:Revelations

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The video I watched looked okay to me. But I wasn't able to hear any noticeable difference in the music. They sound exactly the same as before.

Blackzeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Link's voice is the same, don't have too much of a problem with that, but the quality of the sound effect seems old, after all it was recorded in like the 1990's. Would be cool if they hired a new voice actor to do the sound effects for Link. Anyway, totally hyped about this game, played Ocarina of Time original a little bit on my cousin's N64 when I was younger. Then I got it on the Wii by the Nintendo Shopping Channel. Got up till' the fire temple as older Link then stopped playing. But this is a perfect chance to play it again, but in 3D! Once again, so hyped!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Graphics not bad as it is.

How 'bout the Master Quest and boss run for people who have not play it?

Anyway cool! It seem they up the rating from the 64.
unsure.gif

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i saw the disclaimer about the 3d effect available only on the 3DS, so i stopped the video and looked for an update on the 3DS. maybe it's better there
edit: never mind, there is nothing.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Rydian said:
These graphics aren't an indicator of what the 3DS can do.

I'm actually a little confused on why they suck, other than rushing it to get it out.
I'm more confused on why they don't suck only in some parts.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Ikki said:
Tux' said:
Do people seriously just base games off of graphics now?
No. But if you're going to promote the game's graphic update, do a graphic update.
+1
Also, Tux, you said "could care less", I'm pretty sure you meant "couldn't", it changes the entire meaning of the sentence.

Whoops, my mistake, guess I wasn't thinking straight, oh well.

Anyways, I think it's a good idea Nintendo is bringing an old Zelda game back, but it would have been a bit better if they added in some little side-quests that did not affect the storyline(Like in Majora's Mask).

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tux' said:
but it would have been a bit better if they added in some little side-quests that did not affect the storyline(Like in Majora's Mask).
actually, if you did do all the side quests and got all the masks, then went to the moon and got that god mask it did effect the story.
it made you able to kill all bosses in less then 10 minutes.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: