1. MrShawnTRods

MrShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    That probably isnt the best of 3DS. They are just getting started with it.
    But if you are hoping much more than that graphically, perhaps the 3DS isnt for you and neither is any Nintendo product.

On topic: I pre-ordered it, but then found out amazons price on 3DS console went up [​IMG]..

2. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Yeah, this is probably made for the people who do love the idea of a remake, like myself.
    (Remake, since there is some pretty obvious model changes in certain areas)

3. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    And it's people like you that put Nintendo in such a tight spot to make the "perfect" game.

"OHH WE WANT BETTER GRAPHICS" "NO WE WANT ORIGINAL FORMULA BLAH BLAH BLAH" Nintendo can't satisfy everyone. They tried their best by adding so many new details while still trying to maintain the feel of the original. It's not supposed to be a new game, just a remake. And BTW, the 3DS has been out for... less than a year. Wait 2-3 for something more "your level".

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    These graphics aren't an indicator of what the 3DS can do.

I'm actually a little confused on why they suck, other than rushing it to get it out.

5. Shanester

Shanester GBAtemp Regular

United States
    People have to remember that this will be played on a small screen, so graphics will appear better on the 3ds.

6. Ssx9

Ssx9 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Tbh, the only reason why I'm getting it is because I never got to own the original N64 version, just rented it.

But yeah, I don't like how the game looks like. It probably won't take the 3DS's potential to it's maximum available at the moment. The models look fine, but I saw gameplay screenshots, and it looks even like they re-used some textures, not to mention that the music is not going to be remastered/remixed. It's just a port with updated graphics.

Oh please, come on. To make a remake have the feeling of the original is one thing. to re-use things in a game to make it look similar is completely different.

As some people have said already, this is a remake focused on graphics.

Please think a bit more next time and try to understand people's opinion than comparing us to stupid gamers who only care about graphics.

7. GameGeek

GameGeek GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Even if that's the case, it's disappointing to see Nintendo doing such a lazy job in upgrading the game's look. Not saying that it will be a bad game or that I won't be getting it, mind you.

Edit: Typo

8. Nirraic

Nirraic Member
    Newcomer

9. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It's only a "new" studio of veteran game designers. Stop using the same old "IT'S A THIRD PARTY SO IT'S THEIR FAULT" stuff.

And just some food for thought, this feels basically the same as these "HD collections" people love to criticize the PS3 for getting. I guess the difference is that it's Nintendo and it's Ocarina of Time. I never even saw the appeal to OoT. It wasn't bad but it didn't blow me away at all.

10. NoOneDies

NoOneDies GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I gotta admit the graphics aren't that great, but the 3D may add a nice effect so it may look a lot better.

If you want to see the 3DS potential graphics, we have to wait for RE:Revelations

11. MEGAMANTROTSKY

MEGAMANTROTSKY GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The video I watched looked okay to me. But I wasn't able to hear any noticeable difference in the music. They sound exactly the same as before.

12. Blackzeta

Blackzeta Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Link's voice is the same, don't have too much of a problem with that, but the quality of the sound effect seems old, after all it was recorded in like the 1990's. Would be cool if they hired a new voice actor to do the sound effects for Link. Anyway, totally hyped about this game, played Ocarina of Time original a little bit on my cousin's N64 when I was younger. Then I got it on the Wii by the Nintendo Shopping Channel. Got up till' the fire temple as older Link then stopped playing. But this is a perfect chance to play it again, but in 3D! Once again, so hyped!

13. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Graphics not bad as it is.

How 'bout the Master Quest and boss run for people who have not play it?

Anyway cool! It seem they up the rating from the 64. [​IMG]

14. ninditsu

ninditsu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i saw the disclaimer about the 3d effect available only on the 3DS, so i stopped the video and looked for an update on the 3DS. maybe it's better there
    edit: never mind, there is nothing.

15. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    I'm more confused on why they don't suck only in some parts.

16. Tux'

Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Whoops, my mistake, guess I wasn't thinking straight, oh well.

Anyways, I think it's a good idea Nintendo is bringing an old Zelda game back, but it would have been a bit better if they added in some little side-quests that did not affect the storyline(Like in Majora's Mask).

17. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    There's no denying.

[​IMG]

18. 3dsgamer

3dsgamer Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    This game is gonna be THE game i'm gonna play all day [​IMG]

19. Seaking

Seaking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    actually, if you did do all the side quests and got all the masks, then went to the moon and got that god mask it did effect the story.
    it made you able to kill all bosses in less then 10 minutes. [​IMG].

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Ocarina, Legend, Zelda