Hacking Translation The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero Evolution English patch

Dasutein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just patched my files yesterday and it works flawlessly. There's one thing that I'd like some help with though... and it's not in regards to the translation: in the old thread it was mentioned that it's somehow possible to replace the Evo version textures in the game with the higher res PC version ones and the person also posted screenshots. Is there any how to on how to do that?

This is actually already done, since I provided the PC version's map files to the team from the get-go. No extra work beyond installing the English patch is needed to get these textures. If you want confirmation of this, your textures should look like how they are in the 2nd image below after installing the patch.

The only catch is that the localized map textures that the Geofront team made are not implemented in the current patch for now, so you'll still see CSPD instead of CPD on signs, for example.

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is actually already done, since I provided the PC version's map files to the team from the get-go. No extra work beyond installing the English patch is needed to get these textures. If you want confirmation of this, your textures should look like how they are in the 2nd image below after installing the patch.

The only catch is that the localized map textures that the Geofront team made are not implemented in the current patch for now, so you'll still see CSPD instead of CPD on signs, for example.

Thanks for the clarification. Does this impact the performance/framerate? In other words: do I need to overclock the Vita?

As for the Geofront version textures... I prefer CSPD over CPD anyway... Don't understand why they changed Crossbell State Police Department to Crossbell Police Department... But that's another story.

Last edited by moonblood666,

Dasutein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the clarification. Does this impact the performance/framerate? In other words: do I need to overclock the Vita?

As for the Geofront version textures... I prefer CSPD over CPD anyway... Don't understand why they changed Crossbell State Police Department to Crossbell Police Department... But that's another story.

No, it doesn't impact the framerate at all. Heck, you could even underclock the base speeds for this game a bit and it would still run at a stable 30 FPS in most locations if you want longer battery life. (222 MHz CPU and 111 MHz ES4 works)
Load times might be a tad longer (maybe a second or two), but that's just due to the larger files.

Last edited by Dasutein,

Blobbio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you SO, so much for all your hard work on this (and obviously to the Geofront team as well).

I'm so jealous of the people who get to play the Evolution version with the Geofront patch for their first playthrough. Near-perfect translation and all the added upgrades and portability? EFF YEAH.

Reactions: ThatsMacky

Haytham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Thank you SO, so much for all your hard work on this (and obviously to the Geofront team as well).

I'm so jealous of the people who get to play the Evolution version with the Geofront patch for their first playthrough. Near-perfect translation and all the added upgrades and portability? EFF YEAH.
is it complete?

ThatsMacky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it complete?
There are still a few things that we're working on, as Shenrai noted. The Vita-exclusive quests have been translated but the entries in the notebook and the terminal are not. We're also trying to figure out how to solve the issue with the text overflowing in the dialog since it doesn't currently support variable-width font. And, of course, fixing up bugs that we (and others) are discovering.

Edit: I should also mention that the Geofront script has been completely implemented, if that is what you're referring to as "complete"

Last edited by ThatsMacky,

zany130

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really cool and thank you for working on this. I'm currently finishing 3rd and am about to play zero. Currently, is the PC version with the gefront patch or this the best way to experience zero for the first time?

Tiaph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really cool and thank you for working on this. I'm currently finishing 3rd and am about to play zero. Currently, is the PC version with the gefront patch or this the best way to experience zero for the first time?

Depends. If you value portability and clean textures on portable then this one. The Geofront patch on PC has some valuable quality of life features not present on the Vita like turbo mode, text log mid conversation, edited textures (like the CSPD sign changed to CPD and other various changes like that to make it more uniform) and the ability to use either the Evo or base soundtrack. The Vita patch still has a little cleaning up to do to fix line overflows but it's still pretty great. Either is a fine way to experience the game.

Reactions: zany130

zany130

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends. If you value portability and clean textures on portable then this one. The Geofront patch on PC has some valuable quality of life features not present on the Vita like turbo mode, text log mid conversation, edited textures (like the CSPD sign changed to CPD and other various changes like that to make it more uniform) and the ability to use either the Evo or base soundtrack. The Vita patch still has a little cleaning up to do to fix line overflows but it's still pretty great. Either is a fine way to experience the game.
thanks for the response, So if I understand correctly the difference is the pc version has turbo, text logs, more soundtrack options (although i thought a project member said its possible to import audio from kai?) minor graphic tweaks for consistancy and generally more stable, correct? Does the text overflow bug really impact the game? like is the text unreadable or does it just go out of it's box and looks inconsistent and annoying? I'm heavily leaning towards the vita version as I am struggling to run 3rd on my yoga 9i with Xe graphics (Lots of crashes) and so I'm playing on geforce now, but with the crossbell games that's not an option, so if I can't get it to work on my laptop I would either need to rent a cloud pc like shadow or loudplay which alow you to play your own games regardless of how you get it (I have zero on a cd for windows) or play the vita version.

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the response, So if I understand correctly the difference is the pc version has turbo, text logs, more soundtrack options (although i thought a project member said its possible to import audio from kai?) minor graphic tweaks for consistancy and generally more stable, correct? Does the text overflow bug really impact the game? like is the text unreadable or does it just go out of it's box and looks inconsistent and annoying? I'm heavily leaning towards the vita version as I am struggling to run 3rd on my yoga 9i with Xe graphics (Lots of crashes) and so I'm playing on geforce now, but with the crossbell games that's not an option, so if I can't get it to work on my laptop I would either need to rent a cloud pc like shadow or loudplay which alow you to play your own games regardless of how you get it (I have zero on a cd for windows) or play the vita version.

The text overflow is the latter. Text is readable but it goes outside of the box and is, as you said, inconsistent and annoying. You might want to wait until a later build fixes this problem if this is something that impacts your experience.

If you have a switch that is hacked you could also try the patch that has come out for Zero Kai as an alternative option, but it lacks the Evo only side quests.

Last edited by Shenrai,

zany130

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The text overflow is the latter. Text is readable but it goes outside of the box and is, as you said, inconsistent and annoying. You might want to wait until a later build fixes this problem if this is something that impacts your experience.

If you have a switch that is hacked you could also try the patch that has come out for Zero Kai as an alternative option, but it lacks the Evo only side quests.
yup just saw the switch version too and it so happens I bought zero on switch (no idea why just wanted to see how it plays even though I can't read anything in Japanese lol) so that's another option and I might even have to do that for ao as it sounds like it will be easier/faster to get a fully English ao kai than Evo?

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup just saw the switch version too and it so happens I bought zero on switch (no idea why just wanted to see how it plays even though I can't read anything in Japanese lol) so that's another option and I might even have to do that for ao as it sounds like it will be easier/faster to get a fully English ao kai than Evo?

it will likely be out before the evo version is, yes.

zany130

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will likely be out before the evo version is, yes.
cool thanks one last question if you don't mid (sorry for so many lol) are the Evo sidequest a big deal? like without out going into spoilers does it affect my playthrough? normally I'm the kind of person who likes to do everything in a game (I always check to see what the npc says and stuff) I don't have a vita so I would have to buy one and I been checking they been getting very expensive so that's another thing ...

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool thanks one last question if you don't mid (sorry for so many lol) are the Evo sidequest a big deal? like without out going into spoilers does it affect my playthrough? normally I'm the kind of person who likes to do everything in a game (I always check to see what the npc says and stuff) I don't have a vita so I would have to buy one and I been checking they been getting very expensive so that's another thing ...

It won't affect your main story playthrough but it does have some fun moments here and there. Nothing groundbreaking but its just standard trails side quests. You know what to expect if you've ever done one before.

OMORI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've been wondering, and I'm aware this isn't that relevant, but will it ever be possible to add a toggle between the Original and Evolution soundtracks like with the Trails in the Sky ports? I'm aware you can probably replace the music with the original, I haven't tried it myself, but still

I don't understand why Falcom never made it available as DLC :/

Tiaph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wondering, and I'm aware this isn't that relevant, but will it ever be possible to add a toggle between the Original and Evolution soundtracks like with the Trails in the Sky ports? I'm aware you can probably replace the music with the original, I haven't tried it myself, but still

I don't understand why Falcom never made it available as DLC :/

I kinda doubt that'll be a thing. It sounds like a hard thing to do for a Vita game. The PC version is able to do that on a track by track basis since the Geofront team was able to build a menu from scratch to toggle a bunch of different settings that weren't originally present. But yeah OP stated that the .at9 bgm files from the kai version can replace the Evolution bgm if you desire the original.

Not sure why Chara-ani or Falcom didn't have it in the Crossbell Evolution games but the Sky Evolution games were released later so it was might have just an afterthought.

Reactions: OMORI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo