Hacking Translation The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero Evolution English patch

PhillyGuy215

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Readme:
"Open de map PCSG00042 by standing on the map and press triangle followed by cross."
Thank you so much! Because of your patience, I finally got it to work. Can't wait until the second one gets finished. I'll report any bugs that I come across. Thanks again!

Dokterfreddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Im getting error C1-6703-6 on firmware 3.65
I remove the patch eboot and the game launch
I have a feeling this has nothing to do with the patch. If you google the error code. I see a lot of threads regarding incorrect plugin configuration.

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the same error. If you don't mind me asking, how did you fix it?

Seemed it was an issue with my plugins working improperly, reinstalled them and it seemed to work fine.

Hope you guys get some more people interested in helping out!

Last edited by Shenrai,

skitts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uninstall all my plugins and install only rePatch and NoNpDrm and it started working so Ive been trying to pin down which plugin was causing the issue but I cant seem to find which one was causing the issue, can someone tell me which plugins they have installed with the game working?

Last edited by skitts,

Dokterfreddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is there anything specific you want to be checked out?
We are looking for 2 things at the moment
- We are updating the scena files with the new translations. But this is a massive amount of work. And we are looking for extra hands to do the work.
- We are looking for translators. Preferably somebody that played the Geofront version. So they can make the translation cohesive with the rest of the game

If you are up for any of this. contact us.

Motar79

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Great work! It's of course still far from being polished, but it's great to see some progress on Evo version for once. No save-related issues so far, and that was my biggest problem with previous patch when I tried it previously. Hope this project will be fully realized and we'll finally be able to play Zero on the go. Good luck!

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do I understand this correctly that this is the Geofront translation patched into the game? Is it the complete Geofront script from start to finish?

Also: Does this work with the old maidump version of the game or do I need to track down the NoNpDRM?

Last edited by moonblood666,

GraveViolento

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I understand this correctly that this is the Geofront translation patched into the game? Is it the complete Geofront script from start to finish?

Also: Does this work with the old maidump version of the game or do I need to track down the NoNpDRM?

The patch out right now is essentially the same as the previous one, but now works for the latest update of the game. We are currently going through and updating the script, but it's a very time-consuming process.

I've updated a decent amount of the descriptions in the menu which is located in the eboot file, however I ran into an issue that's causing the game to crash so trying to work that out. I've also mostly "re-translated" the quiz questions and answers that you see at the very beginning of the game, just figuring out how to properly insert it back without the game crashing or looking real weird.

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seems to be a patch in progress. There is some changes but theres a lot of work needed to fully complete the patch which requires the need for people to assist in the project.

PortableGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Bravo and thanks a lot for doing that.
It’s minor and probably won’t matter given the timing, but I think a Geofront update is coming to adjust names and terminology in light of Cold Steel IV’s official translation.

Reactions: swosho

aethral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm really hyped for this project, the old translations are really outdated and the new text is just some random english words

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try asking for some help on the falcom reddit server for more translation/terminology help since most over there have already played the geofront patch and Cold Steel IV already

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

GraveViolento

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's some more update pictures of the quiz:

Pic4.png Pic5.png Pic6.png

Last edited by GraveViolento,

ThatsMacky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While I've never done anything like this before, and have absolutely no idea how it all works, I'll gladly help out. I've been holding off on playing the Geofront release because I really want to earn that sweet, sweet Platinum trophy, so if this helps I'm down.

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm personally super new to all this but I've been attempting to re-edit the currently translated scenes and to update heres some stuff I've been doing...

2020-11-05-213413.jpg 2020-11-05-213357.jpg 2020-11-05-212658.jpg 2020-11-05-212725.jpg

Reactions: swosho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y