The Guinness World Records has reinstated Billy Mitchell's Pac-Man and Donkey Kong scores

aWrV0iu.png

The ex-champion is now a champion once more. After seeing his scores for two arcade games, Pac-Man and Donkey Kong, be stripped from Twin Galaxies and thus removed from the Guinness World Records over cheating allegations, Billy Mitchell has now gotten his records reinstated by the latter. As of June 18th, the Guinness World Records has determined through "re-examination of the records and the emergence of key eyewitness and expert testimonials" that Mitchell's five scores, attained between 1982 and 2010, are to be reinstated.

They have also decided to note that Billy Mitchell is the first person to both score 1 million points in Donkey Kong, and the first to reach the game's kill screen. At this point in time, however, Mitchell's Donkey Kong scores have been surpassed on multiple occasions, with the world record currently, according to Twin Galaxies, belonging to John McCurdy as of 2019, (though the previous record-holder Robbie Lakeman retook this top spot earlier this week at 1,260,700 points) with this ruling mostly to serve in clearing Mitchell's name rather than securing the most recent top score.

Meanwhile, Twin Galaxies, who is currently being sued by Mitchell over defamation, released their own statement, stating that they are still looking into the matter of cheating allegations.

With the recent rulings on Todd Rogers, currently opened cases have been scrutinized and re-evaluated more heavily by the forum members. Young came back to the same thread today with a thorough analysis of why he believes Mitchell lied, including detailed pictures and captured gifs for comparison. Many websites misinterpreted the information that Twin Galaxies had made an official ruling on Mitchell, wrongly stating that Young was a TG judge and that it had been officially ruled, to the point that his name is trending on Twitter during publication of this post.

Accusations include that Mitchell was using MAME, an open source emulator, to obtain the score instead of a real Donkey Kong machine and that frames from his submission may have been spliced together. The score in question places him 12th place in this particular track at 1,062,800 points, behind Robbie Lakeman’s recent 1st place ranking at 1,230,100.

The Twin Galaxies Editorial team reached out to the Twin Galaxies Administration and Adjudication team for clarification and an official word on the matter.

“Twin Galaxies,” they said, “is in the process of fully reviewing the compelling evidence provided by Jeremy Young to support his current score dispute case against Billy Mitchell's Donkey Kong score. We will do this thoroughly and impartially. In the meantime, we will continue to observe this discussion by experts in the community and will also examine any further evidence that may be provided during this review period.”

:arrow: Source

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im glad he's sueing, I hope he wins. Cancel culture sickens me. That Adam Sandler movie PIXELS had a parody depiction of him alongside many other things. I always thought his depictions were hilarious but Ive always kept an open mind on his innocence and things like this can be very damaging to someones mental health.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im glad he's sueing, I hope he wins. Cancel culture sickens me. That Adam Sandler movie PIXELS had a parody depiction of him alongside many other things. I always thought his depictions were hilarious but Ive always kept an open mind on his innocence and things like this can be very damaging to someones mental health.
Was this cancel culture in action? I don't see this being in response to allegations of misconduct, something someone said, someone he followed (as apparently that is a thing nowadays) or the like which is what one normally expects to see in such scenarios.

As for parodies and mockeries they have been going on for millennia. Long may they continue.

Reactions: Coolsonickirby

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
His mental health was already slightly damaged when he decided to cheat and attempt to cover it up when exposed.

It's been declining since then with each attempt at spinning more lies and cover ups every time some one outs him, now to the point where it doesn't matter if he breaks the record, because he still hasn't apologized for his previous actions and is insisting people are against him.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was this cancel culture in action? I don't see this being in response to allegations of misconduct, something someone said, someone he followed (as apparently that is a thing nowadays) or the like which is what one normally expects to see in such scenarios.

As for parodies and mockeries they have been going on for millennia. Long may they continue.

cancel culture isnt something thats new, its been going on for awhile and people dont even get to even speak before they get words put into their mouth and all the above. Even after he prove he could get 1mil points on this or that machine, he is still treated like everything about him is fraudulent. He also has every right to sue regardless of whatever it is that everyones having feeling about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Leo, please seek professional mental health help. its not a knock on you. I suffer from mental...