moto4mods Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Wow man. Just.... wow.

Coolsonickirby likes this.
  3. TheRealNGB

TheRealNGB GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No one is really disputing that Billy is very good at those games, he's a pioneer of competitive video games, that legitimately set and broke records, but he's from an era where he was able to forge submissions that would be taken without question due to his notoriety of past accolades, it just finally caught up to him with the advancements of technology, and social media, while also being under a microscope after being featured on King of Kong.

I really don't doubt he's cheated, but I do recognize he also has legitimate achievement too, I just think he couldn't leave it at that, he was going to hold on to the top spot at long as he could even if it meant cheating, and now that players have surpassed him to a point he won't likely ever regain it the only thing he has to hold on to is at least clearing his name of being a cheater to try and save face when he should have just been happy with what he already accomplished.

Last edited by TheRealNGB, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    Watch Apollo Legend's videos on Billy Mitchell for evidence.

5. Waywatcher

Waywatcher Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Eddie ”Fireblaster” Plant from Pixels is real?!?! :bow:

6. Nomi20

Nomi20 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What were they even thinking?

7. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

Chile
    I have.
    But why should I trust this guy instead of the other guy? They are both perfect strangers to us.
    Evidence can be manipulated (specially video) to fit either of the parties.

8. tiamat999

tiamat999 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Don't forget trump our dear leader. If you live in the us

9. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola Xbox Connoisseur

Canada
    Return of the King BABY! Haters gonna hate.

10. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame Annoying Member

United States
    I've lost all respect for Guinness... Oh wait, I never had any :D

Screw them and screw Baby Mitchell.

When's the last time anyone consulted Guinness for the world record time/score for a game?
    It would never even cross my mind... I can think of 3 other places I'd check, if I even got that far.

11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    It is probably less being in the book and more the act of being disqualified from it meant a knock on effect for appearances, bookings and events (controversial figure, fantastic possibly more turn up to boo him or gawp, controversial figure that is known as a cheater... ghost town).

12. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    "But muh records!" what a pantywaist :lol:

13. Coolsonickirby

Coolsonickirby GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Because the evidence Apollo used was from Billy Mitchell?

And the fake swap board adds more to the pile against him.

Also, the issue isn't that he sucks at the game and needed to cheat. The issue is that he used an emulator, then denied it when evidence showed up. Not sure why he denied it (prolly cause Twin Galaxy doesn't allow it iirc).

There's a pretty good video made by Omnigamer (same person who exposed Todd). You should go watch it.

14. SG854

SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Comoros

15. Pickle_Rick

Pickle_Rick I'm a pickle Morty!

United States
    There is video evidence of him using MAME. Which he denies to this day. (This would allow him to use save states and stitch together the footage. If you watch the video of his records they're obviously stitched together.) Also he faked switching out a DK board for a Jr board on video. (Jr was in it the entire time on video. They just took the board out and put the same board back in.) The same day he apparently set a record on both games on that machine.

16. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    why do you think they both had the same hair style they were mocking him in the movie :P

17. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Seems Leonard French did an update video covering the amended complaint from Mr Mitchell.

PDF of the document in question from his site
    https://lawfulmasses.com/guinness-restores-billy-mitchells-donkey-kong-world-records/

Next hearing appears to be on the 6th of July so I guess we will know more then/whenever the results of that get made available.

Assuming his history of things in the amended complaint is accurate (and if anything he has an incentive to talk them up in this) it is also a pretty decent overview of Twin Galaxies. Stuff I did not know and goes back further than I thought.

Equally we might be heading for a technically correct/legally correct type of debate, even not withstanding the are emulators legit discussion (as silly as it may or may not be if it is part of the rules for that set then eh). Twin Galaxies claim it is just, like, my opinion, man as a get out of that, however that potentially dubious with what they are and what the statements/actions would be perceived as being. If however it is not an opinion but a statement of fact (which it could well have been) then even if it was not a legit run then if they had no evidence (don't know what goes for reasonable belief in their evidence when it is not a lawyer/legal scenario) and also refused to engage then yeah that might well land you in defamation world.

Original video for those that want more of the prior background

18. tofttwaswas

tofttwaswas Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What

moto4mods and MrCokeacola like this.
  19. moto4mods

moto4mods Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If that was the case, yeah we would be jealous. Also Billy "Baby Dick" Mitchell would've been concerned about getting girls not records, and we wouldn't be here discussing his sad life full of rejection.

But alas, he didn't get the girl, or the record. Isn't hung AT ALL, and publicly adimts to such with his actions.

20. SG854

SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Comoros
    He's Married. He's getting all the females.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - reinstated, Mitchells, Guinness