(The Grid) Cloud Gaming with the power of 700 Xbox 360s

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Roguezz, Jan 7, 2013.

?

Would you like to see this on the eShop?

1. Yes for 3DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No for 3DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes for Wii U

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No for Wii U

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes for both

70.0%
  6. No for both

30.0%
  1. Roguezz
    OP

Member Roguezz Siren

Canada
    Wouldn't this be amazing if this service came to the 3DS or Wii U? Of course, it probably won't happen, but if we get enough votes, maybe Nvidia will consider it. After all, the eShop is now available to whatever kind of apps devs want to post-as long as Nintendo approves them.

SOURCE

2. MeowTheMouse

Member MeowTheMouse GBAtemp Regular

Bahrain
    Makes sense: Check
    Sounds awesome: Check
    untaps crazy amount of potential: Check
    People want it: Check
    Prints money: Check
    Nintendo: REJECTED.

Let them lift the online restrictions first, maybe then they could start thinking about cloud computing/gaming.

nukeboy95 likes this.
  3. Sychophantom

Member Sychophantom I'm a plant.

United States
    This likely won't happen for at least 2 generations of Nintendo handhelds, if at all. I could see it however being used in whatever follows the WiiU.

Still, if Nvidia is getting into the handheld console business as the article on the homepage suggests, doesn't seem likely they'd also license the tech to a competitor.

EDIT: I don't get the poll. How in the fuck is the eShop for either system going to sell hardware?

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The added power of 700 360s, but only 240 people on at once?

5. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    NextGen, innit? The XBox 360's hardware is mossy and dead by today's standards. As for cloud gaming, let me state everything I ever thought about it in the history of ever.

Yuck.

Maybe in a few years, when fast and stable connections are available world-wide or when LTE becomes a standard. Right now? No thanks - sometimes I suffer from internet lag even when my own computer processes an online game - I can only imagine what kind of "gameplay" streaming would offer, even with the power of 10 000 XBox 360's.

avran89 and Tekken179 like this.
  6. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Smartphones and tablets are said to have the power of xbox 360s by mid-2014, so this device would be near useless?

7. Tekken179

Member Tekken179 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    The concept sounds great but cloud gaming? Eugh.

8. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    I heard about this before. Cloud gaming is something that has potential as a service like Netflix allowing you to play a wide range of games without buying or renting them all, but the one thing about it that ruins it for me is the latency, and that's something they'll probably never be able to fully remedy.

9. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I didn't experience any latency when playing with Onlive a few months ago, or if there was any, it was very little and unnoticeable.
    I also liked the service very much, and the Netflix ' stream as much as you want for a fixed monthly fee ' concept applied to videogames.
    The thing the turned me off in this case, was some issue with the video quality ( as magnificent and ingenious their compression algorithms are I could still tell I was watching a video and not rendering the game in real time on my PC ) as opposed to clean, sharp graphics running on the real hardware.
    And I do have a great internet connection at 25mbps.
    But it already worked in 2012, I can only expect to see that getting better and better in the years to come.

But certainly I wouldn't buy a Nintendo to stream PC games on it.....;)