Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Great applause for the next release, but I wanted to ask and notice because the Snes emulator is Snes9x RX 4.7.0 and here:
https://github.com/niuus/Snes9xRX/releases/tag/v4.9.0
they say that the last one is 4.9.0 or can you update yourself and there will be no problems / bugs? and if the other used emulators I understand are in the latest available versions, right?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Paullo39

I believe the RX included is a modified version done by fledge. 4.9.0 will probably work but I am not certain of this.

Yes all emulators are current/latest working to my knowledge. The RetroArch emulators are anywhere between .1.7.5- 1.10.2 since some of the older versions are modified (MAME), better (Stella6), or the last known working without issues (cap32, gensplusgx, etc.)

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Paullo39

I believe the RX included is a modified version done by fledge. 4.9.0 will probably work but I am not certain of this.

Yes all emulators are current/latest working to my knowledge. The RetroArch emulators are anywhere between .1.7.6 - 1.10.2 since some of the older versions are modified (MAME), better (Stella6), or the last known working without issues (cap32, gensplusgx, etc.)
I understand and thank you for the information

M4N1C_M1NER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you all for your awesome work!

I've being experiencing some problems with my new HDD (it works great with loaders, but doesn't work properly with plugins and Homebrew). So, I'm waiting for the arrival of another HDD I've bought, to install the V9 plugins pack and start playing again all my old stuff.

Once again, thank you very much!

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TIL Wii64 Rice works as a Wiiflow plugin. I had no idea!

One recommendation for the plugin pack: both Wii64 plugins are currently configured in their respective inis to look in not64/roms for their roms, the hardcoded directory which the not64 plugin uses. I recommend changing that so that Wii64 rice uses a different folder.

N64 emulation on Wii is a special case - for certain games we want to use certain emulators. And for anyone who configured their Wiiflow source menu like I did, with multiple magic numbers in the same button, the only way for Not64 and Wii64 to not step on each others' toes for their respective game lists is for them to be configured to look in different folders for their segregated, respective games.

I'm still testing, but so far I had no trouble changing the Wii64 games directory to wii64/roms, currently alongside the Not64 plugin looking in not64/roms.

I haven't gotten the RiceVideoLinux.ini working to my satisfaction yet (testing with Shadows of the Empire, and the purported ScreenUpdateSetting=4 isnt fixing the flickering menu - gameplay looks fine though), but I'm happy to upload my files once I'm satisfied.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
TIL Wii64 Rice works as a Wiiflow plugin. I had no idea!

One recommendation for the plugin pack: both Wii64 plugins are currently configured in their respective inis to look in not64/roms for their roms, the hardcoded directory which the not64 plugin uses. I recommend changing that so that Wii64 rice uses a different folder.

N64 emulation on Wii is a special case - for certain games we want to use certain emulators. And for anyone who configured their Wiiflow source menu like I did, with multiple magic numbers in the same button, the only way for Not64 and Wii64 to not step on each others' toes for their respective game lists is for them to be configured to look in different folders for their segregated, respective games.

I'm still testing, but so far I had no trouble changing the Wii64 games directory to wii64/roms, currently alongside the Not64 plugin looking in not64/roms.

I haven't gotten the RiceVideoLinux.ini working to my satisfaction yet (testing with Shadows of the Empire, and the purported ScreenUpdateSetting=4 isnt fixing the flickering menu - gameplay looks fine though), but I'm happy to upload my files once I'm satisfied.
I like this idea a lot! I actually did something similar for the Lynx (which ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT need this level of functionality, i just wanted to make sure i could play a few of my unheadered ROMs as well so i made a "Lynx2" directory). Implementing this for N64 would be great.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok figured it out. First of all, the RiceVideoLinux.ini file in the plugins pack isn't FIX94's working one for use with the Wii64 Rice dol. Thanks to @SaulFabre 's post I found that correct one https://gbatemp.net/threads/not64-update.333569/page-112#post-9702025 .

It's also attached to this message, please replace the existing file at Wiiflow Plugins Pack V9\Wiiflow Plugins Pack V9\COPY_TO_SD_OR_USB\wii64\ with this one.

Shadows of the Empire runs fine now.

Second, both Wii64 plugins in v9 appear to be pointing to outmoded directories and filenames (including for the .ogg sound effect). Attached is my current working rice plugin ini as an example. As outlined in my previous post, you may want to update each of these to use a different roms directory. So unlike mine that has just not64/roms and wii64/roms (since I'm not using wii64 gl), you might want not64/roms, wii64/roms and wii64rice/roms, for the pack, for example.

Third, I suspect the rice plugin dol is hardcoded to only look for the boxart bin and cfg/ini files on the same drive as the plugin ini locates its roms. The default behavior of the plugin is to save to SD, (though I haven't tested) I believe this can be changed by the user to USB. So my directories look like this:

USB:\wii64\
- roms\
- boxart.bin
- RiceVideo.cfg
- RiceVideoLinux.ini

SD:\wii64\
- saves\

I'm not sure if the saves directory needs to be present or if the dol can create one on first boot, it was definitely throwing save fail errors on my first boot absent that folder.

Attachments

• FIX94 Wii64 RiceVideoLinux.ini file.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Wii64_rice.zip
    334 bytes · Views: 31

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
default - Copy.png

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be 3 Lynx emulators in the main folder and Hexaeco in the alt folder.

handy_libretro
mednafen_libretro
lynx_wiimednafen

handy_Hexaeco

@chrondelta

Do you have double mednafen_libretro? I checked the folders and it looks correct to me. I be able to check this in a short while.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
So what's the reasoning for adding .cue filetypes to all the SGFX plugins, and .chd to another? The SuperGrafx didn't have any CD based games as far as i know, right?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the reasoning for adding .cue filetypes to all the SGFX plugins, and .chd to another? The SuperGrafx didn't have any CD based games as far as i know, right?

In case anyone wants to use those plugins for CD games along with Hu and SGFX games (All-In-One). The new RA cores support CHD compression now 100%. I have always used 1 plugin for both TG16/SGFX together and if the emulator supports certain extensions, it makes sense to include that support in the ini.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
So, you should swap Sega Master.ogg with Sega MD.ogg, they are assigned to the wrong systems.

Also, it would be better if the GameGear's sound matched the Master System's sound, since they're practically the same hardware. So just change sega.ogg in the GameGear .inis to Sega Master.ogg... after swapping Sega Master.ogg and Sega MD.ogg

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the beauty of it. If anyone wants to make changes, it's as simple as what you just posted. Many users don't want any jingle sound when the select a game and those users simply make a change to the ini. with no sound.

This was discussed a few months back and everyone's taste varies from one side of the spectrum to the other. Changing the sound is an end user preference self edit.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la