The future of Zelda?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by JPdensetsu, Jan 12, 2009.

Jan 12, 2009

The future of Zelda? by JPdensetsu at 5:28 PM (1,123 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. JPdensetsu
    OP

Member JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Taiwan
    Is this still the reason why we didn't heard something about a new Zelda? You need to find clues in game and complete puzzles. I think it's just a WiiWare game that will come out later. It's a puzzle game for hardcore and non-hardcore gamers... Some images below:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Source: Wii-DS.nl [​IMG]

2. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    It's the future of Nintendo games really. It comes from their patent application, where they discuss having in-game characters offer hints to puzzles after a pre-determined amount of time or failures. It's part of the 'make games more acccessible to everyone' strategy.

They also discuss being able to jump to scenes in the game (like a DVD) and offering a digest of all the available help content. It's all very interesting.

3. jesuschristmonke

Member jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Eventually they'll do just like the Mario games where, once they ran out of ideas, they had the good and bad guy team up against an even worse guy.

Something like The Adventures of Link and Gannon versus OJ Simpson. I'd buy it.

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Pretty old news, it is apparently a patent that is more to do with letting gamers skip through certain parts of a game if they can't o it themselves. Part of Nintendo's attempt at getting games like Zelda into the hands of casual gamers who suck.

Can't say I like the idea of it, removes the point of playing games personally.

5. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Well i know that Ninty said that Twilight Princess will be the last of its kind. Now that Retro has given up Metroid, they said something about maybe taking over the Zelda franchise. but i think they just closed their doors...

6. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Don't really see the problem here, if you can skip parts of a game, that's just smart by Nintendo and good for a lot of noob gamers.
    But if you don't want to use that function, just don't .

7. LivingToDie

Banned LivingToDie Banned

Netherlands
    hope there will be an option to put away that hint screen... still if you have a long way to walk i would use the option that it does that itself...

but i wonder about the battle system i mean will that be automatic too ?
    then would you NEVER be defeated (even with bosses)
    cause that would $\/

8. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I hope this will be the future of Zelda games. I seems like a great idea that would really improve the series for both hardcore and casual gamers.

9. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    It's an interesting concept, and it shows Nintendo are still very much trying to innovate the market. But if the next main Zelda entry is WiiWare, then so help me...
    Oh, and they need to remember a mechanic as simple as this can't just carry the next Zelda. We're asking a lot, but there's needs to be even more innovation than this.

10. Veristical Blaze

Member Veristical Blaze GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    This is a nice idea for a Zeldagame [​IMG]

I think seeing the old goods dissapear and Mario and co. only being repeated like a thousand times, that its time for a new very awesome game, just a whole new idea, revolutionary gameing style, handy controls, addicting story line. It's time for Ninty and other Developers to make a new serie of games, or am i wrong?

11. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I like the idea in a way. I mean...what if I want to jump to a specific part of the game and I handily didn't keep a save before it? To use a PC example...Diablo II. There was a (rather hidden) way to start in any Act of the five in the game even with a new game, and you started with a general level and unspent skill and stat points. The highest you could get this way was level 33 in the last act of the game. Naturally, zero quests are done, and once you go back to the starting act, you're trapped until you progress normally, but as a whole, you're able to experience that Act without too much trouble (just that you're naked unfortunately).

Something like that wouldn't be too bad. I mean, it could be done in the terms of Zelda (spawn Link in a dungeon with all of the relevant equipment and a modest amount of Hearts/extra junk, like in a demo disc) and other games too. Just...maybe it'd be nice if you didn't get the full ending sequence if you skipped ahead. It'd be interesting if the entire story was removed, so it's like a "lite" version of the game.