1. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Spiderman is 105 GB!! I think the console was launched ahead of it's time, most of people don't have as fast internet to download this swiftly, especially with PS5 downloads getting stuck and requiring console reset !!

2. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    Sony download speeds never were amazing, but this kind of error seems to be easily fixable.

Edit: Sony stated that file sizes would be considereble small on PS5. What is happening? They will implement this as time goes?

Last edited by lokomelo, Nov 23, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  3. goncalodoom

goncalodoom GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    Fake news, MIles Morales is 38.96GB while the remastered is 70GB.

4. Shalashaska98

United States
    And how big is the Ultimate edition, before saying fake news do your research kiddo

Memoir and Deleted User like this.
  5. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    In America that is probably true but most of Europe and Japan has fast Internet.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Highly unlikely. When have you ever seen a scene group release their secret methods? All they ever do is drip feed us the results of their methods.

7. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    They did the same thing Scires did, so meh.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    They've always been feeding us keys for the Switch, and before that, the Wii U. But they never released any software or exploits, just some SDK stuff. I don't expect them to start now.
    Your signature is perfect right now, BTW.

9. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'm aware.
    I'm saying they did the same thing Scires did to get those keys (abuse a Nvidia crypto issue to run your own payload with the modchip that bruteforces the keys from the security engine using the partial keyslot overwrite attack). So they don't have anything exploit wise.

Heh.

The Real Jdbye likes this.
  10. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Same was said for Voksi (Bulgaria) as well as the whole "EX-YU" countries and others from Central - Southeast Europe which are considered "Piracy Heaven" BUT even if you can torrent 24/7, use IPTV and sell them and all that stuff without any protection, without any VPN etc IN OPEN and even advertise it anywhere (real life and online) because no one cares about piracy really. BUT sometimes in special occasions they actually punish some individuals for doing "bad" stuff like recently one "IPTV" seller from Hungary and Voksi from Bulgaria, those behind "github" like Rojkosto from Serbia are safe....... so, basically if a big "company" is loud enough, you are screwed even there.

But for "normal" ppl who just pirate stuff, you are safe and sound with piracy.....

Last edited by deSSy2724, Nov 23, 2020
  11. Centrix

Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    So this could be great news then for us lite owners? I hope so. I'd love to softmod my Switch Lite :D

Last edited by Centrix, Nov 23, 2020
  12. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    And Sony used an open source emulator for their PS Classics, right?

And Sony allowed TheFlow to release a kernel exploit 7.02

Strange..... Sony doing/allowing it, and now look at Nintendo, for a little fan-made patch they go crazy over it.

13. Shalashaska98

United States
    Probably it's more financially beneficial for Sony, maybe hacking results in more console sales (old gen) or the whole lawsuit thing is costly.

14. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    he/she means on the ps5 if ps3 is emulatable or maybe sony is too lazy not to do it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

nah they relize it's inevtiable why fight a losing battle? XB1 (and probably series X/S) never got hacked probably cause MS knew enabling a devkit mode would prevent hacking

15. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    PS4 had PS2 support, no reason for PS5 to not support atleast PS2 games. Also, DualSense controller works on PS3, but not on PS4 (only trough remote play when you stream your PS5 games on PS4).......... what the hek are they doing?

BTW Steam controller supports PS5 controller since couple of days ago and no Vita remote play for PS5, the way how it is supported on both PS3 and PS4?

16. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I strongly doubt it. Let's just say there is a hard mod similar to SXOS Core they will basically sue every reseller that is in their way. No disrespect to devs but they kind of do things backwards. I would wait a long period of time of actually hacking the unit and release it at EOL versus doing something a week after launch. All Sony is going to do is throw their fancy EULA and firmware updates and apply pressure, Similar how Nintendo is doing I haven't really heard from Atmosphere nor SXOS in a while.

17. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Tbh the gamepass on Xbox killed any reason to pirate games for me, especially in the future with all Bethesda games.
    Who's going to pay 80$ for a game or spend time with cfw and stuff risking a ban when you can play for a ridiculous price now.
    Sony must do something like that too because people aren't stupid.

18. Quarions

Quarions Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Yeah looking at your intellectual level there is no doubt in that ^^

19. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 Controversial opinions guy.

Brazil
    105gb really isn't that much nowadays, and this is coming from someone in a beach town with 15k people in Brazil.
    I pay $16 USD for 100mbps with no data cap. CoD: Warzone takes about 2 hours to download here, and that game is massive.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  20. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

They're legitimate, they posted the 3DS' developer CIA installer decrypted VERY early on in the scene's lifespan, back when all we knew was how to backup the NAND via a hardware mod. A lot of what was figured out about the 3DS's internal workings after the homebrew scene got started is based in some part on the CIA installer's CIA. If they say those are the keys for Mariko-based Switches, I'll believe it. (obviously not "*redacted*", I've seen the keys they posted already and they're about the right format.)

Scott_pilgrim and lordelan like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, includes, possible