Hacking The first 3DS rom is released !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
QUOTE said:
This release is 100% complete and was tested on our own hardware. Just wait for the chinese to figure it all out aswell, then you can play this release too.

Does that mean they have built a working flash cart like device?

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
Does it need reminding that rom dump does not mean you suddenly have the ability to play these games? PS3 games were dumped early on, yet it took years to actually get the dumps to play at all. It could take years to actually get a 3DS rom to play on either an emulator or flashcard. Or it may never happen as far as we know.

Exactly. They've managed to copy games (kudos for that), but there is still no way of running them.

Theoretically, someone could produce a device mimicking normal game ROM and feeding ROM data to 3DS. They wouldn't even need to decrypt the ROM. However, as there's still no way of executing custom code, there wouldn't be any "R4 Menu", "iPlayer interface" there - just one ROM you could play as if it was inserted into the cart slot.

So, this would be similar to the Xbox360 DVD drive hack. Pirated games - yes, homebrew - no.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrimzonEyed said:
If I was mod i would lock this thread since i got a feeling it will go crazy in here.
Too late...
QUOTE(KazoWAR @ Jun 5 2011, 04:52 PM) Now that a ROM has been dumped, it shouldn't be too hard to make a flash cart.
Why do you say that?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming this is true, the Ghost Recon 3DS game would be 256MB. Let's consider how early it is into the lifespan of the 3DS. How unlikely is it that Nintendo and third party developers would still be staying in the safety zone?

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why the fuck do you people think that 3DS getting hacked will cause shovelware ? ? ? Where the hell did this theory come from ? ? ? Every single current-gen console is hacked. This does not magically plant the seeds of shovelware.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiBricker said:
QUOTE said:
This release is 100% complete and was tested on our own hardware. Just wait for the chinese to figure it all out aswell, then you can play this release too.

Does that mean they have built a working flash cart like device?
Thats exactly what it sounds like.
They are not willing to release any info on their dumper or any of their hardwares.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nathan Drake said:
Assuming this is true, the Ghost Recon 3DS game would be 256MB. Let's consider how early it is into the lifespan of the 3DS. How unlikely is it that Nintendo and third party developers would still be staying in the safety zone?

Safety zone?
By the way, I'm sure there's a lot of wasted space in the roms. So a 3DS trimmer would make this game smaller than 256MB. Maybe it'll only be like 150MB of real data, the rest is just waste data?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yuyuyup said:
Why the fuck do you people think that 3DS getting hacked will cause shovelware ? ? ? Where the hell did this theory come from ? ? ? Every single current-gen console is hacked. This does not magically plant the seeds of shovelware.
PS3 game size? 4GB to 50GB
Xbox 360 game size? 5Gb to 22GB(AFAIK)
There are modifications required to run those games.

DS/DSi/(possibly 3DS) game sizes? 8MB to 2GB. how to run? GET A MICRO SD AND DRAG THE FILE! result? TADAAAA PERFECTLY WORKING GAMES!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Nathan Drake said:

Safety zone?
By the way, I'm sure there's a lot of wasted space in the roms. So a 3DS trimmer would make this game smaller than 256MB. Maybe it'll only be like 150MB of real data, the rest is just waste data?

Keep the games small and more simple = safety. Nobody has really gone crazy with what the 3DS can do, and from what I can tell, no game is exactly packed with content yet. A lot of the games seem to have less content than most, if not all of the larger DS games. It wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see that the launch titles were fairly small.

Weren't the DS launch titles some of the smallest DS games out there?

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yuyuyup said:
look at the psp
if square enix isn't here it would have been dead because of quick hacking

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Keva said:
Finding a exploit in the 3DS's software will be the hardest part though.

Let the hypocritical anti-gbatemp hackers pirate the dumped roms and search for any vulnerabilities. In the end, they will help flash cart teams in making working 3DS mode flash kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...