Hacking The first 3DS rom is released !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crisluna99 said:
so when do yous guys expect the running of roms to be? Im thinking within the next 2 months hopefully before summer tho
I think it may be sooner than that. who knows? The flash cart devs probably been working on it since launch and are just waiting for the eShop update. Thats what i think. i mean isnt it ironic that we get this the day before the update?

zombymario

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
machomuu said:
zombymario said:
WiiBricker said:
3DS flashcart, not happening this year.

I hope that it will come for 2013, I think it will take (a lot of) time to make a 3DS-mode flashcard.
I hope it doesn't happen anytime soon for obvious reasons.

I know, but I hope Nintendo don't underestimate this. Or it will be Nintendo DS all over again. Some sort of iPlayer 3DS card would be nice though.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Waflix said:
So the 3DS was already hacked within 3 months? That is way sooner than I thought it would be. I hope the emulation of the ROMs will be a little bit harder, because else I don't think much developers would like to create 3DS games anymore.

With Legacy already having found a way to play the games, there must already be a way to crack the encryption (as to actually play them) along with the means to play them.

If the encryption surrounding the games and the ability to dump/play the games has already been cracked in one place, it's only a matter of time until it's everywhere. If the 3DS gets hacked wide open within the first six months, Nintendo is going to have a rough time with their handheld over the next few years.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bye 3DS!
happy.gif
Amazing how short a time people take to ruin a system

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it need reminding that rom dump does not mean you suddenly have the ability to play these games? PS3 games were dumped early on, yet it took years to actually get the dumps to play at all. It could take years to actually get a 3DS rom to play on either an emulator or flashcard. Or it may never happen as far as we know.

Bearpowers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get all the tears about this being hacked.

The DS was hacked for AGES and it still gets plenty of awesome games.

Every console from this and last gen was hacked and they had great games still.

This doesn't mean the death of third party titles, don't get your panties in a bunch guys.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The files are smaller than those of the DS, with no way to test them, and the games aren't popular enough to get everyone committed to hacking the 3DS.

Something tells me that we are being trolled.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
granville said:
Does it need reminding that rom dump does not mean you suddenly have the ability to play these games? PS3 games were dumped early on, yet it took years to actually get the dumps to play at all. It could take years to actually get a 3DS rom to play on either an emulator or flashcard. Or it may never happen as far as we know.
Thats my first thought. But Legacy is 'sort of' sounding like they are already able to play and its wasnt tough to get it working.
I mean hey.. its still unclear. no need to take this too far lol.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
yup, there are a whole lot of flash card companies who are pushing for it, because of the big bucks. It take a lot less time than we may think.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:

If Legacy had the ability to confirm it works, that means they could play it. That means there is a way out there to play it that just isn't known, as they're keeping it under wraps. It's clear why if you read the NFO (they seem kinda angry at most of the release groups).

You can't confirm it working because you have an encrypted file that you can't do anything with. I have to wonder what may be lost though with early dumping tools. Will 3D still be fully functional?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ferret7463 said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Bye 3DS!
happy.gif
yeah right, like the DS has long since been dead?
I am not even going to waste text defending myself since honestly anyone who knows me, knows how I feel about this and knows there is nothing in the world that is going to change my mind.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bye 3DS!
happy.gif

YEAH! I mean, first they ruined the DS and that stopped selli.. oh... wait.

There are more people out there willing to buy new games then there are willing to pirate. 3DS isn't ruined :/

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferret7463 said:
Bye 3DS!
happy.gif
I am not even going to waste text defending myself since honestly anyone who knows me, knows how I feel about this and knows there is nothing in the world that is going to change my mind.
Than why do you even come here and talk about it. I thought forums was for the exchanging of ideas and opinions.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ShadowSoldier said:
Bye 3DS!
happy.gif

YEAH! I mean, first they ruined the DS and that stopped selli.. oh... wait.

There are more people out there willing to buy new games then there are willing to pirate. 3DS isn't ruined :/
The thing is, throughout DS lifespan more and more people got into flashcarts.
You will find a "few" local gaming stores every here and there that are actually selling R4's.

What am I talking about?
Well, if people find out there is a R4 for the 3DS.. then you know how it goes.
SOME games sell no matter what, but small 3rd party developers suffer greatly..

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferret7463 said:
Bye 3DS!
happy.gif
That sounds like a wonderfully convenient, almost religious, cop out.

Holified 2x

Trophies
Website
tezzytuffstufffind.squarespace.com
XP
Country
United States
Yatashi Strife said:
crisluna99 said:
so when do yous guys expect the running of roms to be? Im thinking within the next 2 months hopefully before summer tho
I think it may be sooner than that. who knows? The flash cart devs probably been working on it since launch and are just waiting for the eShop update. Thats what i think. i mean isnt it ironic that we get this the day before the update?
This is great
yay.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferret7463 said:
ferret7463 said:
Bye 3DS!
happy.gif
Than why do you even come here and talk about it. I thought forums was for the exchanging of ideas and opinions.
They are. but this isn't a court. (ironic hearing that from me, huh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one