Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Woot!!!
toot.gif

Yay two people who like DSX!!!! Im so happy to know im not on my own on this, sure the DSX isnt perfect but you can still enjoy it a whole lot, its got loads of life in it yet!

I hope you guys enjoy your DSX's for a long time!
yaypsp.gif

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look....if you have a DS-X thats cool. It was the price of 3 DS games when it was released, and I bet you have played more than that on the device.

Eventually there will come a point where you can't play ANY new games on it and you will need to upgrade if you want to play them. It has awful support and the company is a bunch of assholes.

What it comes down to is if you still have one and are happy with it, good for you. Don't buy one at this point though, because there is cheaper and better equipment.

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
totoyo said:
pesaroso said:
I think I am one of the few happy owners of the DS-X..
I could not be more in agreement with you. This is exactly my situation and I have been really happy for about 18 month using my DS-X. And I will continue to be until a game I want to play will not work on it (and therefore never will if there will be no update anymore). But for the moment it is OK.

And if all these pessimist messages are true, I would really like to have an official announcement by the DS-X team.

It is true and you won't see an announcement. None of the original members have logged in for over a year, now the forums are gone, they ran like cowards. For the guys who enjoy their Ds-x, remember that you can buy a better cart for about 30$, or you can buy a Ds-x for 150$, five time the price.

Tokenx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrSpud said:
For the guys who enjoy their Ds-x, remember that you can buy a better cart for about 30$, or you can buy a Ds-x for 150$, five time the price.

First, to correct a couple of figures: a 2gb ds-x costs $125, an R4 including a 2gb micro sd costs $90, and a cyclods costs $60

As I currently see these "ds-x sucks" posts -- sure, anyone reading them who's still deciding what card they want will decide not to, but already the price will put off prospective buyers when compared to the prices of other cards, as you have said so yourself. As a ds-x owner with few complaints I find these posts insulting, moreso because they target people who have already purchased a ds-x, and are stuck with it. I know I'm not going to spend another x dollars just to have more enjoyment with some video game, hell - my touch screen doesn't even work anymore. It seems like current posters are trying harder to convince ds-x owners to switch to their card instead of warning new members to avoid buying this one.

Sure, the ds-x is a crappy card, but it still serves its purpose with only less than .5% of games which don't work at all. It's true that eventually it will become useless with new releases, but until then and even after it reaches that point it can still play all of the old games and will be useful then as useful as it is now.

If you add up how much money is "saved" by pirating games, say there are 50 games you have ever played with your card (probably more) and each game is $30, that's $1500 worth of gaming you get with your card, minus the cost of your card which would be $1375 on a ds-x and $1470 saved on another card. It's easy to see that the saved price quotient is a small amount, around 7% more money saved.

QUOTE(MR_COW @ Jul 24 2008, 07:47 AM) Look....if you have a DS-X thats cool. It was the price of 3 DS games when it was released, and I bet you have played more than that on the device.

Eventually there will come a point where you can't play ANY new games on it and you will need to upgrade if you want to play them. It has awful support and the company is a bunch of assholes.

What it comes down to is if you still have one and are happy with it, good for you. Don't buy one at this point though, because there is cheaper and better equipment.
This post summarizes most of my sentiments about the ds-x and cards in general. But as long as this card still serves my (and other ds-x owners') needs without needing to call in the once invisible and now completely extinct support of the missing ds-x team, it will stay as my choice and my only card to play pirated nintendo ds roms on.

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tokenx:

I like your "The glass is always half full" logic but the fact is that ds-x STILL sells for 125$-150$, people are still buying it and, in my opinion, still getting screwed. I was ok back then, now they abandonned the product, closed the forums, never posted anything about it for a year, but they are still trying to sell something that's a complete rip-off compare to the other products. You are talking about the past, your story and your experiences back then. Would you still feel the same way if you had just bought a ds-x and realise that you could have got an equal product for a fraction of the price?

sapasam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spot on , Spud.

I would like to add, that there are many people, such as myself, without a functioning DS-X, thanks to the shoddy build quality. The 'paper trick' only works for a while and the DS-X connectivity gradually and catastrophically deteriorates. This has happened to my original card and a replacement.

But, even if my card worked perfectly, I would still feel ripped off after all the broken promises made by the developers and the cowardly way they abandoned their users.

If you can use your card, fine. You paid good money for it. But, don't begrudge the people who have real issues with their cards. I was an early adopter and was passionate about the DS-X until I had the rug pulled from under me.

I tried complaining in the forums to shame the developers into some kind of response, to no avail.

When I say the DS-X sucks, I refer to the build quality, the support and the broken promises. I will continue to bitch here. Maybe, someday, someone will be brave enough to tell us what really happened with this card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: admonish