Hacking The Definitive R4DS/M3simply FAQ thread

faiyez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so i just deleted 5 of the themes from my R4DS so i only have twelve on there now. So i turn it on, and press select, It is doing the exact same thing. Its just changing from 1 - 8, not 1 - 12 like it should. Its the custom themes that arent working. HELP!
frown.gif

I suggest doing this: cut your folders that have your custom themes and paste elsewhere, then open the kernel and copy all the 12 theme folders on your card.... after that, you copy each of your custom images to each folder on the card so you overwrite the default ones.

nunberry

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT:
OK, so i just deleted 5 of the themes from my R4DS so i only have twelve on there now. So i turn it on, and press select, It is doing the exact same thing. Its just changing from 1 - 8, not 1 - 12 like it should. Its the custom themes that arent working. HELP!
frown.gif
Bit late, seeing as how you fixed it and all, but for future reference, if you have a captial T on the name of the folder (themeXX) then it's not picked up. Was tearing my hair out about that for hours.....

faiyez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Faiyez, I did that and it works fine now!

No problem....

Another question:

How do i use the Usrcheat.dat files?

What do you mean, if it's about putting to use a usrcheat file that someone else made and shared, then be sure to rename the thing to USRCHEAT.DAT in caps otherwise the R4 will MOST LIKELY not recognize it... the same goes for usrcheat files that you created yourself. You put the file under the sytem folder where the other cheat database is.

Now when a certain game has cheats from the default database AND the usrcheat database also, then in the R4's browser you will see 2 cheat buttons under that game, where the right button corresponds to the usrcheat database.

thomasroberts6

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, i worked most of the stuff out on my own.

Thanks for the detailed replay anyway :thumb:....

I have so many cheats of japanese named games that i dont or need...

Someone mentioned a japanese language pack... Where do i gt this from?

thomasroberts6

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I just bought a 2GB kingston Micro SD card.

And As far as i know, it works.

But on the card, it says 'Japan'.

Willl this work?

Tetsuo9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently borrowing an R4 from a friend, but from what I can see, it's never been updated. Is is possible to update a Chinese/Japanese version to English? I've tried to do it numerous times, but every time I try and boot it up, it gives me some error message with a calendar on the top screen.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm currently borrowing an R4 from a friend, but from what I can see, it's never been updated. Is is possible to update a Chinese/Japanese version to English? I've tried to do it numerous times, but every time I try and boot it up, it gives me some error message with a calendar on the top screen.

The R4 is frequently updated but there's not much to update this time. I think the team are working on the Wii connectivity which may take a little more time than usual. The R4 is generally updated in 6 week increments.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

The R4 is frequently updated but there's not much to update this time. I think the team are working on the Wii connectivity which may take a little more time than usual. The R4 is generally updated in 6 week increments.
If that's the case they're late
frown.gif
I want the arm7 games fixed, I hate the manual patching
hate2.gif

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still haven't even done worms... I get how to do the patching; I'm just too damn lazy

^reason for why I'm not doing my 5 hours' worth of homework...

Tetsuo9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No matter what I do, it gives me the same stupid error. Is the R4 he let me borrow just not compatible with English, or what? It was in Chinese/Japanese when I got it from him, but as soon as I tried to update it, nothing has worked.

thomasroberts6

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I get the menu up on the GUI? the one about soft resetting? I thought you had to press select, but obviously thats the theme button....

Help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...