1. Snappy

Snappy Member
    Newcomer

I sort of figured that, but I've got know idea what folder looks like because apparently there is 12 theme folders or something like that!

2. RS VR6

RS VR6 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    How do I install UMK? Its got a bunch of folders. I unzipped them, but can't drag them out of the RAR window.

3. Roo D!

Roo D! Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i'm trying to use a kingston microsdhc 4gb and it won't load. i thought it was supposed to? grrr... only 25 bucks on amazon.

never mind. -sorry!

4. Golds

Golds Old Member

United States
    the R4 website does not work for me anymore.
    http://r4ds.com/index-en.htm

i get "invalid host name" when I try to view it. Anyone else have this trouble?

edit: never mind, got it working. latest firmware is 1.15

5. RayJT9

RayJT9 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Will the newer 6GB/8GB cards work on R4DS? I'm considering buying one over eBay at the moment.

Any advice?

--Ray

6. Seina

Seina Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    From what I've heard, the hardware of the R4 supports only non-SDHC cards and the firmware may be unflashable. The updates for R4 are loaders, not firmware. The 4GB non-SDHC referred to on R4's site didn't work very well and was discontinued. 4GB and up is SDHC which does not work on R4.

DSTT with YSMenu is similar to R4, but it may not have all the same in game functions as cards like Acekard RPG, a CycloDS Evolution, or M3 Real.

7. zapconquest

zapconquest Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I need some help finding where to buy the R4. I looked at all the suggested sites and it was sold out everywhere. I also checked the R4's official site and their "Where To Buy" page wasn't even working. I don't really know how companies like this work so should I just wait a few weeks or is there something I don't know? I saw on one of the sites that the R4's factory closed down but I'm not sure that that information was totally reliable.

8. thorn0124

thorn0124 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I bought R4 at www.itechextreme.com, this website offer free world shipping, and no tax, the website offer R4+2gb original kingston micro sd just 72.99, it's the cheapest price in the world.

9. brass

brass Newbie
    Newcomer

Can anyone suggest an easy guide to updating the firmware. I'd just like to go through everything step by step, as I'm having trouble running v1.18.

10. Urza

Urza hi

United States
    Put the firmware files on the root of your cart.

Installed.

11. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    To give a bit more detail, delete the old _DS_MENU.DAT and _DS_MENU.SYS files from the memory card, and put the new _DS_MENU.DAT file on it. _DS_MENU.SYS will be created automatically.

12. blaclabel

blaclabel Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a question.... I have a regular DS and my R4 works perfectly fine. But when i put the R4 in a DS Lite and doesnt work
    Can anybody help plz??

13. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Sounds like a contact issue. Try sticking a bit of paper in the slot with the R4 to push the pins slightly further towards the contacts.

14. yagdub

yagdub Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    hi

i have quite n00bish question i got r4 and i'm using cheat.dat from narin, since last upadte of the cheat database some cheats dissapeared (they are not showing up in loader menu) somewhere here i read that r4 has trouble with too many cheats and sometimes don't show them. as cure for that problem was to decrease number of cheats in db, and here's my question: how can i do it? because stock cheatcode editor doesn't want to open cheat.dat which im using

i'll very happy for every help

(as each foreigner sorry for my english) [​IMG]

15. Skinkybob

Skinkybob Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I recently purchased an R4 card from Divineo.com, which turned out to be the counterfeit R4 SDHC variant. Unfortunately, they will not let me return it, so I wasted $50 on that. I'm very hesitant to buy anything else, but what do you guys think of Kick Gaming? I live in Canada and would need it by next Thursday at the latest. Are M3's pretty comparable to R4's, and which one of these would you recommend I order, assuming they're all legitimate (is fraud as rampat with M3's as it is with R4's?)?

http://www.kickgaming.com/real-itouchds-c-27.html

16. TheWingless

TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    M3s don't have clones as of now, or at least I'm pretty sure of it. Just stay away from the R4 and M3 "SIMPLY"(M3Real is fine).

17. Skinkybob

Skinkybob Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I picked up an M3 Real from www.kickgaming.com. Hopefully this turns out better than my last experience.

18. HoTsHoT89

HoTsHoT89 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    Just to know, if I've encrypted Flashme's NDS file to _DS_MENU.DAT, do I still need to hold START + SELECT to run it, or just boot normally?

19. Sc4rFac3d

Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    Question,

do 4GB cards work with the R4, or is 2GB the max?

20. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
    Former Staff

Croatia
    It'll work if cart is non-SDHC (there are some 4 GB SanDisks, but those cards are rare, and not so reliable, avoid them if you can)..
    Basically,
    2 GB is the largest capacity I would recommend to use with R4/M3 Simply..

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Definitive, M3simply, thread