Hacking The Definitive R4DS/M3simply FAQ thread

Snappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I sort of figured that, but I've got know idea what folder looks like because apparently there is 12 theme folders or something like that!

RS VR6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install UMK? Its got a bunch of folders. I unzipped them, but can't drag them out of the RAR window.

Roo D!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm trying to use a kingston microsdhc 4gb and it won't load. i thought it was supposed to? grrr... only 25 bucks on amazon.

never mind. -sorry!

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will the newer 6GB/8GB cards work on R4DS? I'm considering buying one over eBay at the moment.

Any advice?

--Ray

Seina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've heard, the hardware of the R4 supports only non-SDHC cards and the firmware may be unflashable. The updates for R4 are loaders, not firmware. The 4GB non-SDHC referred to on R4's site didn't work very well and was discontinued. 4GB and up is SDHC which does not work on R4.

DSTT with YSMenu is similar to R4, but it may not have all the same in game functions as cards like Acekard RPG, a CycloDS Evolution, or M3 Real.

zapconquest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help finding where to buy the R4. I looked at all the suggested sites and it was sold out everywhere. I also checked the R4's official site and their "Where To Buy" page wasn't even working. I don't really know how companies like this work so should I just wait a few weeks or is there something I don't know? I saw on one of the sites that the R4's factory closed down but I'm not sure that that information was totally reliable.

thorn0124

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought R4 at www.itechextreme.com, this website offer free world shipping, and no tax, the website offer R4+2gb original kingston micro sd just 72.99, it's the cheapest price in the world.

brass

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone suggest an easy guide to updating the firmware. I'd just like to go through everything step by step, as I'm having trouble running v1.18.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brass said:
Can anyone suggest an easy guide to updating the firmware. I'd just like to go through everything step by step, as I'm having trouble running v1.18.
Put the firmware files on the root of your cart.

Installed.

blaclabel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.... I have a regular DS and my R4 works perfectly fine. But when i put the R4 in a DS Lite and doesnt work
Can anybody help plz??

yagdub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hi

i have quite n00bish question i got r4 and i'm using cheat.dat from narin, since last upadte of the cheat database some cheats dissapeared (they are not showing up in loader menu) somewhere here i read that r4 has trouble with too many cheats and sometimes don't show them. as cure for that problem was to decrease number of cheats in db, and here's my question: how can i do it? because stock cheatcode editor doesn't want to open cheat.dat which im using

i'll very happy for every help

(as each foreigner sorry for my english)
tongue.gif

Skinkybob

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently purchased an R4 card from Divineo.com, which turned out to be the counterfeit R4 SDHC variant. Unfortunately, they will not let me return it, so I wasted $50 on that. I'm very hesitant to buy anything else, but what do you guys think of Kick Gaming? I live in Canada and would need it by next Thursday at the latest. Are M3's pretty comparable to R4's, and which one of these would you recommend I order, assuming they're all legitimate (is fraud as rampat with M3's as it is with R4's?)?

http://www.kickgaming.com/real-itouchds-c-27.html

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just to know, if I've encrypted Flashme's NDS file to _DS_MENU.DAT, do I still need to hold START + SELECT to run it, or just boot normally?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It'll work if cart is non-SDHC (there are some 4 GB SanDisks, but those cards are rare, and not so reliable, avoid them if you can)..
Basically,
2 GB is the largest capacity I would recommend to use with R4/M3 Simply..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb