Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, with Cafiine Splatoon hangs when it gets to the file "/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/0005001b/10051000/content/00/erreula/erreula.pack". Any ideas?
erreula.pack isn't a gameplay-required component, is it? Make a dummy file called erreula.pack and see if it'll load that instead (thus skipping the non-working one)

@nexusmtz, good points, thanks. Do you know of, or recommend, any way to truly test if it's working?

I don´t see the option to choose the cover path for eshop titles.must it be in a specific folder?
For Loadiine? Anything loaded with Loadiine needs an [ID6] after the game name and then loads the covers from the covers folder as [ID6].png

Reactions: UnderFLoW

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
erreula.pack isn't a gameplay-required component, is it? Make a dummy file called erreula.pack and see if it'll load that instead (thus skipping the non-working one)

@nexusmtz, good points, thanks. Do you know of, or recommend, any way to truly test if it's working?

For Loadiine? Anything loaded with Loadiine needs an [ID6] after the game name and then loads the covers from the covers folder as [ID6].png
Don't think that would work, but it's worth a shot.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TubeHax DNS can be checked by trying to visit m.youtube.com from the WiiU. Currently, you'll see the old TubeHax DS firmware selection page. Since the TubeHax DNS is configured to resolve m.youtube.com to itself, you should not be able to reach YouTube with that host name. If you do reach youtube, you didn't resolve the name using TubeHax. Be aware that www.youtube.com and youtube.com resolve normally, so those are not valid test urls.

As for blocking at the router, the test would have to be based on the method that the particular router is using to do the blocking. There is no single answer there, and I suspect that some router-based blocking is only looking at certain protocols, which the WiiU might not even use for its updates. (If the WiiU is using http or https requests for all of its updating, then you're probably ok)

Reactions: fiveighteen

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of sd card but I recently lost a 32 gigs. It's okay cause I still got a lot even a 128 gigs one but still losing an empty 32 bites. Will we be able to hard drives on lôadiine in the future? Cause it will help a lot

Last edited by RareKirby,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of sd card but I recently lost a 32 gigs. It's okay cause I still got a lot even a 128 gigs one but still losing an empty 32 bites. Will we be able to hard drives on lôadiine in the future? Cause it will help a lot
That does byte. :P Using USB/HDD will only be possible with an IOSU exploit, which I believe several people are still working on.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does byte. :P Using USB/HDD will only be possible with an IOSU exploit, which I believe several people are still working on.

I believe hkm was still working on it and would release when fully ready but too many people were gay so im guessing he left indefinitely ad lets others work on it instead. long shot tho

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe hkm was still working on it and would release when fully ready but too many people were gay so im guessing he left indefinitely ad lets others work on it instead. long shot tho
Last we know, he said he wasn't returning until it was finished, and he hasn't returned. I doubt he's still working on it/going to release it, but others are pursuing it.

Mario123311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First texture "Semi-Sucessful"? I don't know why it only appears when zoomed in, Again: Help with this would be very appreciated as I feel Sm4sh Mario's overalls look a bit bland. When zoomed out, It becomes the lighter shade of purple, blue.

INGAME:

HNI_0052.JPG

TEXTURE:
2.png

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First texture "Semi-Sucessful"? I don't know why it only appears when zoomed in, Again: Help with this would be very appreciated as I feel Sm4sh Mario's overalls look a bit bland. When zoomed out, It becomes the lighter shade of purple, blue.

INGAME:

View attachment 50177

TEXTURE:
View attachment 50178
What's the red splotch on the texture? Is that his shirt or something you drew on yourself?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fiveighteen This might be a bit presumptuous and I'm somewhat hesitant to bring it up, so, with regards to Snes injection, RPX injection is another viable method as well and I made a thread on how to do it, though it's not exactly user-friendly, would it be possible to include it in the guide since RPX injection seems to have higher compatibility than normal Snes RAM injection?

The method requires very minimal hex editing and assumes the person has the Wii U SDK, but I have written a tutorial for injection :P

Last edited by the_randomizer,
D

Deleted User

Hey everyone. I've been trying to get everything setup and am almost there. I have HBL loading properly and am able to launch games with loadiine, but I am having trouble getting WUPInstaller to show up on the HBL. It seems that any new apps I put on the SD card will not show up and only HBL and loadiine show up. I've made sure my folder structure is correct for everything. SD://wiiu/aps/wupinstaller/wupinstaller.elf, same name as folder name, etc... I've tried different versions with no luck. I also tried clearing cookies and deleting browser save data.

I am launching with loadiine.ovh and am on version 5.5.0. I figured everything should work the same with loadiine.ovh as it would with self-hosted but maybe I am wrong?

I am copying the files to the sd card from a mac. Not sure if that would change anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by ,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fiveighteen This might be a bit presumptuous and I'm somewhat hesitant to bring it up, so, with regards to Snes injection, RPX injection is another viable method as well and I made a thread on how to do it, though it's not exactly user-friendly, would it be possible to include it in the guide since RPX injection seems to have higher compatibility than normal Snes RAM injection?

The method requires very minimal hex editing and assumes the person has the Wii U SDK, but I have written a tutorial for injection :P
Yeah, absolutely! I've been working on something and haven't had the time, myself, to try an NES/SNES RPX injection and document the process. Can you post a link to your thread? I can't seem to find it.

Hey everyone. I've been trying to get everything setup and am almost there. I have HBL loading properly and am able to launch games with loadiine, but I am having trouble getting WUPInstaller to show up on the HBL. It seems that any new apps I put on the SD card will not show up and only HBL and loadiine show up. I've made sure my folder structure is correct for everything. SD://wiiu/aps/wupinstaller/wupinstaller.elf, same name as folder name, etc... I've tried different versions with no luck. I also tried clearing cookies and deleting browser save data.

I am launching with loadiine.ovh and am on version 5.5.0. I figured everything should work the same with loadiine.ovh as it would with self-hosted but maybe I am wrong?

I am copying the files to the sd card from a mac. Not sure if that would change anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Try wiiubru.com, or self-hosting. Also, I know Mac adds hidden files/folders, so that could be an issue. I'm sure you're not the only one using a Mac for this, but I don't know how to fix that myself; try searching?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids