Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Oh dear, this is a misleading and controversial topic title, you should be careful...

However, who is to say that one day PC gaming will not be possible on a portable system? Maybe something like an ipad that is concentrated on gaming will emerge.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as it's PC and as long as it gives free hands for piracy, there's no way it'll be successful
it looks like a gaming mini-notebook....for that it looks quite good actually, it doesn't seem a failure from me, but it's definately not going to beat th ds and the psp

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I can barely call this a handheld. This is just a netbook with a modernized keyboard.
ohmy.gif

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol love the tittle hahahahaha how will this kill Nintendo i know sony psp is dead but cmon lol

anyway i would like one too if i can play my rts on it

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i can say it's cool, but i'm not sure if it will do something to the psp as what i see in this forum it's already dead.

the DS already have a 3DS.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Facts gotta be facts.

Ok if you are my age, you have cash, real cash. If you base which flash card to buy on it being 5 bucks cheaper than the other guy get off the thread kid.

The main reason I don't have an iPad is I don't like the device. The price is just a matter of budget planning to me.

The price of the 3DS is not a barrier (see above). The real barrier of the 3DS to me, is, is it just going to play games in 3d? Whoopdeefuckingdoo.
A shitty game in 3d is a 3d shitty game after all.

If the machine, the switchblade, can play WoW it can likely play anything my son gives a fuck about.
He's a teen by the way, and likely couldn't care less if I bought him a Nintendo 3DS.

Just because you find nearly no PC games in console stores doesn't mean they are dying or less dominant. Just means they don't need to be sold there.
Spent several hundred bucks on games this year. ALL of my PC titles were with the exception of Civ V bought as online digital downloads. I could have bought Civ V that way as well. I just wanted the physical item that instance.

All of my games except 1 will play on a Switchblade and not one will play on Pandora. Pandora looked neat right till I had to deal with the fact it can't play anyone's games. Not PC or emulators. That it can run dos games, is so utterly thrill lacking it is sufficient to say I would likely pass on using one if you gave it to me for free.

You might not really want to hear this, but some of us really don't give a flying fuck is Nintendo releases any games at all in 2011.
Yes I like my DSi XL a lot.
I'd sell it in a heartbeat for a Switchblade if I can run my wargames on it. Which is entirely likely as 9 out of 10 wargames still require no more muscle than a PC made in 2005.
And the needed muscle to run a web browser is nothing. Not that I would be using a gaming toy to browse the web.

The part about killing the Nintendo was of course just to grab your attention
smile.gif

That's because most of the people using a Nintendo will be you kids.
Not that I can't enjoy your games.
But there are no shortage of teens out there that don't even care if the 3DS is released or not.
My son doesn't care.
But he's also a fan of the Razor brand name. Likes their mouse and keyboard.
Not sure he'd want a Switchblade though, but he doesn't go anywhere, so he'd respond with 'I might as well be at my desk using my real computer' (and he uses dual 22inch wide screen monitors).

But me, I go places.
And I don't require the device to be functional while standing up. Not to mention I prefer to be sitting down.
It doesn't need to be pocket sized, that's a kids need.

Yeah the 3DS will be on the shelf sooner than Switchblade.
So? Your point is what precisely?
The thing is, if I had to wait a year longer for Switchblade, I would.
Unless the 3DS can do something more memorable than play in 3d, I won't be downgrading from my larger screened XL.

I can get 3 hours from my 14 inch laptop here. So if the contest is between 3 hours on a 3DS or 3 hours on a real computer, well only the idiot picks the very finite worth of the 3DS.
And my laptop will play my entire Nintendo DS library just fine, if I actually want to play those games too. Sure a few games absolutely need the touch screen. Thankfully not everyone needs to play every last bloody DS game the day it is released. And most of my games are really not touch screen dependent.

Not sure what this means to the PSP, but I am sure it means more to it than the 3DS. At least the 3DS has a nice game library (keep in mind, when I say library, I mean every game ever made for the DS, not just the stolen ones able to play on your flashcart).

I will agree, size of screen does matter.
Which is why making the screen 3d is not good enough.
Because the screen being 3d is simply not going to outweigh being several times larger.
It's why I won't be dropping cash on a 3DS if 3d is all that is being offered. Sorry my XL will win over the 3DS if that is all that is in the running.

I doubt I need to worry about the OS. Razer doesn't make OSs they make hardware. If they claim it can play PC games, then it is clear it will have the needed OS to do so.
That defacto means it will be supported by game makers.
Newsflash guys, PC gaming brings in more money. Several millions of people paying 15 bucks a month to play WoW, that's some nice cash just from one game.
I'm sure Nintendo would be happy to be making several million a month on just one game.

But this is not about Nintendo being beaten so much as being replaced.
One of PC gaming's biggest hells has always been everyone has different conditions on their system.
Making the system a one type in the hands of everyone will only make it easier to make games for it, not harder.
And that is currently one of the few areas console enjoys over PC. Remove that advantage, and you have serious competition.

I currently use my laptop as my preferred PC. The desktop is really just a place to dump sheetloads of data (4TB of hard drive is a lot of video content eh).
a 22inch widescreen is indeed nicer sized, but not critical. I enjoy playing my wargames, and Civ V just fine on my 14 inch laptop screen.
I admit, playing in a Razor Switchblade will be a step down even for a 14 inch laptop. But it is easily preferrable to a 3d puny as hell Nintendo 3DS screen.

if the Switchblade wasn't intentionally made to be gamer tasked, then of course yes, a netbook would be both cheaper and more logical, or even a real laptop. The thing is, it IS gamer tasked. That's the whole point of the design. All the fun of playing your PC games, but anywhere you feel like carrying the Switchblade to. That it needs a mouse is not relevant. So what, that sounds like flat surfaces are rare. So say being able to play a 3DS while walking makes the 3DS better. Hmm I don't think I have actually ever seen a kid actually walking anywhere while playing on a hand held actually. And like I mentioned earlier, I'd rather just sit down instead of playing standing.

I'd easily drop the same amount of cash on a Switchblade as I would any other current doodad.
Ok maybe not the price of those damned iPads. They don't cut it for me at those prices. I can find eReaders for a lot less than an iPad.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Antoligy said:
on a slightly related note, the 3DS looks ridiculous, will be rather overpriced and has underpowered hardware while the PSP2 is overpowered (although prolly better priced, i.e. they get less profit) considering that will likely get less developer support than it deserves.

A bit of Sony fanboism in that post eh?

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I can't really see this being really popular.
It would be pretty pricey for something that small to play games like that and have a touch screen.
You would be limited to just games so no internet, no Emulators and the list goes on.
I find this a fail.
Not really gonna care about the SwitchBlade.
If it somehow gets very popular i may look further into it.
Computers trying to get innovative isn't that good.
Double Touchscreen Laptops look pretty good but they are very expensive but have pretty low specs.
That's a thing i would compare to the switchblade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-