Hacking "The data could not be deleted" Wii U storage issue

Fjar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi guys, well the thing is: i'm having problems to delete a corrupted update data from my USB hard drive, when i try to delete that data, it shows me the message: "The data could not be deleted".

How could i solve this problem? i was thinking about use FTPiiU or something like that to delete the data, but i don't know if it is possible, please help.

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep. Just install anything from the eshop, and it should clear away.

As far as updates go, you can also possibly try deleting it from the Download Management, but I'm not sure it'll fix the issue in the Data Menu. Do try to do so, though.

Last edited by skawo,

Fjar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yep. Just install anything from the eshop, and it should clear away.

As far as updates go, you can also possibly try deleting it from the Download Management, but I'm not sure it'll fix the issue in the Data Menu. Do try to do so, though.

Ok i will try, i will let you know if it works: thanks!

Last edited by Fjar,

Myke2605

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have the exact same problem as OP. I installed a game that I can not play in my usb stick, when trying to delete from data management it says "unable to delete data" all the other games in that same usb work fine. Any way to delete the game from the usb without having to format it ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download a demo. it will recreate the index. then, try to delete it. your problem might also be using a usb stick instead of an hdd or ycable.

Myke2605

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download a demo. it will recreate the index. then, try to delete it. your problem might also be using a usb stick instead of an hdd or ycable.
I tried the demo thing but did not work.
By the way, the game installed "correctly" and it shows the game icon on the channels and in the data management, I just can not delete it. Im Just mentioning this because I know some times the games failed at installation and there's a thread that shows how to delete those corrupted files using ftp app.

Does some one know of a method for deleting the file without data management?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.