Hacking the conduit update

sabatino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i'm on 3.2 witch cios36 13b installed i think, but the conduit still asks me for an update...
it works trough neogamma loader, but i have a modchip installed so i'd like to take advantage of that
wink.gif

i haven't looked to the wii scene for a long time, so i'm no expert anymore at this area
someone can help me with the safest way to play the conduit trough the disc channel without updating my wii?
preloader?
just installing some ios'es?
already have bootmii installed and backed up the nand just to be sure
tongue.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sabatino said:
i'm on 3.2 witch cios36 13b installed i think, but the conduit still asks me for an update...
it works trough neogamma loader, but i have a modchip installed so i'd like to take advantage of that
wink.gif

i haven't looked to the wii scene for a long time, so i'm no expert anymore at this area
someone can help me with the safest way to play the conduit trough the disc channel without updating my wii?

You can remove the update partition on the PC, with a program called Wii Utilities.
You can download it here.

I always use it, works like a charm and very easy to use.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the update does is update your IOS. You can update to install any missing IOS then run IOS Downgrader (not cIOS Downgrader) to re-Trucha bug them. Or you could just remove the update partition like ^ said.

sabatino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
already removed the update, but it renders a black screen when i start the game
ios downgrader is safe?
i will keep everything like it is now, right?
i have some trucha modified discs and i don't like to throw them away
wink.gif

and the update goes to 3.4E, so won't i lose my custom installed channels?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mistake for not remembering that it updates to 3.4. Please don't do anything before reading through threads regarding this. There really is not a downside to updating to 4.0 at this time so keep that in mind. Just make sure you find a good guide to updating if you decide to.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's japanese you need to use at least freeloader (if you still trucha good) or gecko or pre patch the iso for region compatabilty.

Also the game may need newer IOS's to run, install 38,53,55 wads manually.. this is good advice for most recent games for modchip users who want to stay on 3.2 or whatever.

sabatino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
rasputin said:
It's japanese you need to use at least freeloader (if you still trucha good) or gecko or pre patch the iso for region compatabilty.

Also the game may need newer IOS's to run, install 38,53,55 wads manually.. this is good advice for most recent games for modchip users who want to stay on 3.2 or whatever.
i've ripped the update section of the disc to my sd with a tool on wiibrew and i'll install those ios's
i won't lose a thing right?
btw it wasn't japanese, it was pal
wink.gif

i tried to use freeloader to be sure, but it gave me the same black screen

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
rip the ios wads and install them, then run ios downgrader to patch ios, then install startpatch to skip update check or use preloader hacks, all this is safe because you have bootmii but it's safe enough without it too

EDIT

make sure you run a full 1:1 (nothing removed) copy to get it to work

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you won't lose anything by installing those wads your still be on 3.2 with trucha bug still intact

and yes i don't know why i thought conduit was japanese lol

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just install the IOSes 38-53-55, the rest I believe is the update 3.4, so you'll loose the trucha bug if you install the other IOSes, but if you do, then just run IOS Downgrader, and don't forget to install Preloader, cause even if you install the IOSes I've told you, it will ask you to update...!!
wink.gif

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sure those ios's need trucha bugging

i think it's just the sys menu one that needs it to autheticate the disc

anyway i never trucha bugged em, everything seems fine, should i ? anyone? .....freeloader and other truchas bug signed games work fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.