Gaming The Conduit-Confirmed to have Wifi!

Gamesphere

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Click

I found this pretty exciting as it was implied in the end of the trailer. No details yet but it has been confirmed for Multiplayer online component. I say 16 players(MoH can do 32 so Im setting the bar low) about 8 maps and I'd be cool. Hopefully we can get a damn voice solution from Nintendo at E3 this year.

What do you think?

EDIT: Forgot what it looked like? Conduit Trailer
Here, now imagine that online?
laugh.gif
No lag please
dry.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think both of you make a good point. Conduit looks good for lots of reasons and now another, and Brawl is weak. I haven't touched it since like 2 weeks after it came out, but that kind of can be said for Mario Kart but that one didn't bore me I got sidetracked.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Conduit looked good, but we'll see how they implement everything. Online play makes games have infinite replay value, so at least it has that going for it.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't pack away Brawl since I play it from time to time still. Just not as I used to compared to melee. But, this game is completely different compared to Brawl, so why pack it away?
tongue.gif
I hardly ever play online Brawl anymore, just play with friends. It's more fun that way with no lag or delays.

I'm looking forward to this game though. Gona keep my eyes opened for this one.

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks, and will be, awful.

In my opinion of course. If you want a good online FPS, the Wii is not the place to look...

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thankfully we didn't ask your opinion.
smile.gif
And I'd say any satisfied owner of MOH Heroes 2 which is a 32player deathmatch using EA's Lobby would say otherwise.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I find it laughable how they want to tell everyone that the wii is next gen...
HELLO ?
HL2 and Doom3 are from 2004 and 2005 (i think. I'm not sure) and these are last gen and look better than this.

This game doesn't looks bad though , pretty good for a wiigame.
biggrin.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tomobobo said:
Pack away Brawl now, it's weak.

laugh.gif

Nah, it's a great game...a great updated Cube game on Wii, but the online is pretty much a no-go for most folks.

Not sure what The Conduit will truly offer us in terms of online gameplay, but if I have to deal with the same type of laggy shaggy that I do with Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, I'm not too interested. That game looked like shite, and still players would zig-zag all over the screen due to lag. So long as I can aim at a dude and not have to lead my shots by five seconds (ala MoHH2), I'll check it out.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been very impressed with EA's online offerings so far. I've experienced very little lag on both Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and FIFA 08. I'm seriously looking forward to FIFA 09 thanks to EA Sports 'borrowing' Pro Evo's control scheme. Direct control of off-the-ball runs, full licencing, the use of Miis as players (albeit only 8-a-side games, agaion 'borrowed' from Pro Evo lol) and pretty much flawless online play without friend codes. It has the potential to be the best console footy game imo.
biggrin.gif

The Conduit has near enough 360 quality graphics including 'current-gen' effects such as dynamic environment mapping, interactive water with real-time reflection, and four-stage texture composition including gloss, diffuse, and bump mapping which are (if you believe in fanboy postings on various forums lol) supposedly impossible to create on the Wii hardware. And I'd lay good money on High Voltage having these effects on a steady frame rate over 30fps. Something that the PS3 struggles with as it goes.
blink.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Don't believe the fanboy assholes because the Wii can do 'current-gen' effects such as dynamic environment mapping, interactive water with real-time reflection, and four-stage texture composition including gloss, diffuse, and bump mapping you mentioned and more.

Do a little google search for TEV (a Texture Environment Engine) that the unit has. It will allow for all that and more as Hollywood is capable of a pixel fill-rate of almost 2 G/pixels. Having such a high fill-rate capability means that the Wii can perform advanced shaders, advanced texture filtering and advanced multi-layer texture effects without much hassle, especially as it only has to produce graphics @ 480p.

I yanked those last 2 sentences from here: http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=2436097
(Wii Graphics Myths debunked) and also hits on the ability to do physics Wii hating douchebags tout as impossible with even a nice youtube file(if it's still active) linked that dispels that nicely apparently too.

I suggest giving this the 5min or less you'd need to scan it and be happy to know Wii developers are mostly lazy asses and the system can do a crap load more such as Conduit is now making people aware of.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, that's why I added this part: '(if you believe in fanboy postings on various forums lol)' to my post. I've seen the Wii graphics debunked on another forum as well as the impressive physics used in the Elebits/Eledees clip.
smile.gif

Gamesphere

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Q7: Are we going to see voice/text chat or any way to communicate other then ducktaping out phones to our heads?

Dan: We are exploring the possibility for voice chat. It is too early to make any promises along these lines, but we agree it could make the game even better!

O Effin yes!!! Nobody can tell me HV is not serious when they say they are developing for the Hardcore gamer!

Source Interview

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Just read a very good interview with some people from High Voltage Software here. The more I hear about this, the better it sounds. I really can't wait for this.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge