The Conduit-Confirmed to have Wifi!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gamesphere, Jun 12, 2008.

Jun 12, 2008
  1. Gamesphere
    OP

Member Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Click

I found this pretty exciting as it was implied in the end of the trailer. No details yet but it has been confirmed for Multiplayer online component. I say 16 players(MoH can do 32 so Im setting the bar low) about 8 maps and I'd be cool. Hopefully we can get a damn voice solution from Nintendo at E3 this year.

What do you think?

EDIT: Forgot what it looked like? Conduit Trailer
    Here, now imagine that online? [​IMG] No lag please [​IMG]

2. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Pack away Brawl now, it's weak.

3. Gamesphere
    OP

United States
  4. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I think both of you make a good point. Conduit looks good for lots of reasons and now another, and Brawl is weak. I haven't touched it since like 2 weeks after it came out, but that kind of can be said for Mario Kart but that one didn't bore me I got sidetracked.

5. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Yeah Conduit looked good, but we'll see how they implement everything. Online play makes games have infinite replay value, so at least it has that going for it.

6. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Lol this topic title misled me a little. I thought a "Pack away Brawl in 2009" was referring to a portable version of SMBB lol!!!

7. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    I wouldn't pack away Brawl since I play it from time to time still. Just not as I used to compared to melee. But, this game is completely different compared to Brawl, so why pack it away? [​IMG] I hardly ever play online Brawl anymore, just play with friends. It's more fun that way with no lag or delays.

I'm looking forward to this game though. Gona keep my eyes opened for this one.

8. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Looks, and will be, awful.

In my opinion of course. If you want a good online FPS, the Wii is not the place to look...

9. TanookiSuit

United States
    Thankfully we didn't ask your opinion. [​IMG] And I'd say any satisfied owner of MOH Heroes 2 which is a 32player deathmatch using EA's Lobby would say otherwise.

10. Neko

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany
    I find it laughable how they want to tell everyone that the wii is next gen...
    HELLO ?
    HL2 and Doom3 are from 2004 and 2005 (i think. I'm not sure) and these are last gen and look better than this.

This game doesn't looks bad though , pretty good for a wiigame. [​IMG]

11. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    [​IMG]

Nah, it's a great game...a great updated Cube game on Wii, but the online is pretty much a no-go for most folks.

Not sure what The Conduit will truly offer us in terms of online gameplay, but if I have to deal with the same type of laggy shaggy that I do with Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, I'm not too interested. That game looked like shite, and still players would zig-zag all over the screen due to lag. So long as I can aim at a dude and not have to lead my shots by five seconds (ala MoHH2), I'll check it out.

12. bytor

Member bytor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've been very impressed with EA's online offerings so far. I've experienced very little lag on both Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and FIFA 08. I'm seriously looking forward to FIFA 09 thanks to EA Sports 'borrowing' Pro Evo's control scheme. Direct control of off-the-ball runs, full licencing, the use of Miis as players (albeit only 8-a-side games, agaion 'borrowed' from Pro Evo lol) and pretty much flawless online play without friend codes. It has the potential to be the best console footy game imo. [​IMG]

The Conduit has near enough 360 quality graphics including 'current-gen' effects such as dynamic environment mapping, interactive water with real-time reflection, and four-stage texture composition including gloss, diffuse, and bump mapping which are (if you believe in fanboy postings on various forums lol) supposedly impossible to create on the Wii hardware. And I'd lay good money on High Voltage having these effects on a steady frame rate over 30fps. Something that the PS3 struggles with as it goes. [​IMG]

13. TanookiSuit

United States
    ^Don't believe the fanboy assholes because the Wii can do 'current-gen' effects such as dynamic environment mapping, interactive water with real-time reflection, and four-stage texture composition including gloss, diffuse, and bump mapping you mentioned and more.

Do a little google search for TEV (a Texture Environment Engine) that the unit has. It will allow for all that and more as Hollywood is capable of a pixel fill-rate of almost 2 G/pixels. Having such a high fill-rate capability means that the Wii can perform advanced shaders, advanced texture filtering and advanced multi-layer texture effects without much hassle, especially as it only has to produce graphics @ 480p.

I yanked those last 2 sentences from here: http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=2436097
    (Wii Graphics Myths debunked) and also hits on the ability to do physics Wii hating douchebags tout as impossible with even a nice youtube file(if it's still active) linked that dispels that nicely apparently too.

I suggest giving this the 5min or less you'd need to scan it and be happy to know Wii developers are mostly lazy asses and the system can do a crap load more such as Conduit is now making people aware of.

14. bytor

United Kingdom
    Yup, that's why I added this part: '(if you believe in fanboy postings on various forums lol)' to my post. I've seen the Wii graphics debunked on another forum as well as the impressive physics used in the Elebits/Eledees clip. [​IMG]

15. Gamesphere
    OP

United States
    More screens posted on IGN

Warning: Spoilers inside!

The GFX are definently there, all it needs is that publisher shine....

My favorite screen is the second one...

16. juicy_mokro

Member juicy_mokro GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    if your good in brawl you would never never!!!!!!! pack it away
    cant wait till the conduit comes out

17. Gamesphere
    OP

United States
    O Effin yes!!! Nobody can tell me HV is not serious when they say they are developing for the Hardcore gamer!

Source Interview

18. bytor

United Kingdom
    Just read a very good interview with some people from High Voltage Software here. The more I hear about this, the better it sounds. I really can't wait for this. [​IMG]

19. osirisFIVE

Member osirisFIVE GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    Too bad I don't think it's possible for a local split-screen to be done.
    I feel that that's what made the Halo series fun.

20. OutlawGamer

Newcomer OutlawGamer Member

United States
    Does Any Else Think That It Remind Them Of Half Life/Halo Combined