The BIG Skyrim Thread

Which platform will you get this game for?

• PC

Votes: 94 57.3%

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • PS3

Votes: 31 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was at the winter hold college in the library
I was messing around, jumped onto a bucket with a mop in it, fell through the floor and continued falling for inf

2 dragons spawned at the same exact place, one just hovered there doing nothing, even after I attacked it
the other one was attacking

I thought I found an inf magic glitch but after some research it was just a quest reward for cleansing the college (fortify magic +100) :P

in various stores if you break in after dark when they are asleep you can still hear them playing their dialog as if they were at the counter

anyway, im finding this alot harder then oblivion was, even on the easiest setting
relying on magic now instead of just swinging my sword around and killing everything in a few hits
like the new (well recycled from fallout 3) lockpick system, the old was trash
wish there were cheaper houses though at the beginning of the game (oblivion had 2000, where skyrim cheapest is 5000) took me a while to acquire it

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
should be out there in the next few days then.

I'm surprised because I bought the retail Skyrim for PC, updated with the latest patches & fixes, and yet there are still a few obvious bugs
- the Esbern bug hasn't been fixed (Esbern has no dialogs) I had to download the unofficial fix manually
- in my house in Windhelm, when I try to place a mage staff in one of the weapon display cases, it just places the staff in the air in a random position
- When I was at some shrine (could be namira, or dibella, or something) after restoring an object on the shrine, I started flying in the sky and then nothing happened, I stayed in the sky for ages waiting for something to happen. So I reloaded my latest save, did it again, and this time I got a spirit talking to me while in the air. Weird.
- in some cave near a wall containing a word of power (can't remember which cave though), one of the walls in the room apparently didn't have collisions enabled, so I was able to walk through the wall and get out of the "visible world", as in, I found myself in a blue void and was able to walk into the cave, in and out again.

Note that no matter how many bugs I find it doesn't change the way I feel about the game-- it's my all time favorite game :D
I think I'm over 100 hours now on my current game. Level 44... doesn't go up too fast lately...
Well, didn't they say they wouldn't modify the data files until all the coded bugs are out? That would explain the Esbern bug and the glitched/missing collisions.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
ah, I had no idea... that explains it, but it's still a bit weird IMO. I guess they have their reasons.
It's nearly impossible to complete the game without the esbern fix though :wtf:

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
update: they announced that fix 1.4 and Creation kit were coming.
i've read the huge list of bugfixes, it's impressive but they didnt list any of the bugs I mentioned before

Current 1.4 Changelog (all platforms unless noted)
[/left]
NEW FEATURES
[/left]
  • Skyrim launcher support for Steam Workshop (PC)
BUG FIXES
[/left]
  • General optimizations for memory and performance
  • Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequin’s in player’s house. (PS3)
  • Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)
  • Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)
  • Memory optimizations related to scripting
  • Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
  • Fixed crash in Haemar’s Shame if player had already completed “A Daedra’s Best Friend”
  • Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
  • Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
  • Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
  • Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
  • Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
  • Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player’s home
  • Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player’s house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.
  • Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
  • Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
  • Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
  • Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
  • Fixed memory crash with container menu
  • Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
  • Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor’s Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
  • Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally not fail
  • Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks
QUEST FIXES
[/left]
  • The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity”
  • In “Breaching Security”, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
  • Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if “Season Unending” was an active quest
  • Fixed issue where starting “Season Unending” after finishing “Joining the Stormcloaks” would prevent “The Jagged Crown” from starting properly.
  • Fixed issue progressing through “Message to Whiterun” while “Season Unending” was still open would block progression for both quests.
  • In “Arniel’s Endeavor”, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
  • In “Forbidden Legend”, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
  • Fixed rare issue in “Forbidden Legend” where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpse unaccessible
  • In “The White Phial”, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
  • “The White Phial” will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
  • Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing “A Night to Remember”
  • Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing
  • In “Darkness Returns”, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
  • In “Revealing the Unseen”, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
  • “Onmund’s Request” will now start properly if player has already found Enthir’s staff before receiving this quest
  • Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
  • “Repairing the Phial” will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
  • Finding Pantea’s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
  • In “The Coming of the Dawn”, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
  • Fixed rare issue in “The Mind of Madness” where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
  • Fixed issue in “Pieces of the Past” where Mehrunes Dagon’s Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
  • “Blood’s Honor” will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
  • Fixed rare issue where “Dampened Spirits” would not start properly
  • Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
  • Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine would block progression for “No One Escapes Cidhna Mine”
  • Fixed numerous issues with “Blood on the Ice” not triggering properly
  • In “Blood on the Ice”, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
  • In “The Cure for Madness”, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
  • Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly
  • Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting “Boethiah’s Champion” no longer prevents quest from starting.

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/01/19/news-on-the-creation-kit-and-game-updates/

Reactions: 1 person

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Huh? My laptop runs Skyrim just fine D:
...or am i being an idiot in thinking netbooks and laptops are the same thing? >>;

Anyways, thought I would post this here, worth checking out :3
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6176

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
...or am i being an idiot in thinking netbooks and laptops are the same thing? >>;

http://www.skyrimnex...ile.php?id=6176
Laptops are the heavier (both in performances and weight) equivalent of the netbooks. Netbooks are usually 11 inch/13 inch big, very light to carry and made to quickly make notes. Not for games at all.
Laptops are good at everything (IMHO not for gaming but that's another discussion)

Nice mod, I've got my eye on it for a week now, so much updates! I like it :P

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

It's basically the same thing, but netbooks have greater battery length and less powerful. They're mostly used for internet browsing and text processing.

EDIT : ninja'd :ninja:

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A netbook is an 11" or smaller laptop designed to be small and lightweight, and tend to have a long battery life. The downside with netbooks is that they tend to have incredibly weak specs (i.e. Intel Atom), and are really only powerful enough to browse the web and take notes.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP

Laptops are the heavier (both in performances and weight) equivalent of the netbooks. Netbooks are usually 11 inch/13 inch big, very light to carry and made to quickly make notes. Not for games at all.
Laptops are good at everything (IMHO not for gaming but that's another discussion)

Nice mod, I've got my eye on it for a week now, so much updates! I like it :P
hm I don't understand what this mod does? I've read most of the page and it's still quite unclear... the author is apparently not a native english speaker, it makes it a bit difficult to understand, I think.
It looks quite huge but I'm still unable to tell what this adds to the game... :wtf:

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Thanks for explaining the differences between laptops and netbooks to me.
>>; Can't believe i didn't know that.

@[member='Costello']
If i understand it correctly, it basically alters the way encounters spawn and work on the world map.
For example, encounters based on regions, like finding mammoth's in a tundra based region.
Wild monsters can also spawn in groups, and in some cases, work as a team.
Each team/faction have a chance of fighting each other, like say, giants versus werewolves.
One of the files also alters the heights of some races, such as making giants taller.
Stuff like that basically. Makes the world more vibrant and immersive.
I haven't tried it myself yet though, waiting for a chance to get my legal copy before playing Skyrim again.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What Gundam Eclipse says. Basically a lot more fighting going on in the world. I'm going to give it a try, if it's too much you can just remove the file and be done with it.
I think I'll like it to level up some skills though :P

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
honestly, I'm just not going to bother until we have the creation kit out there.
Once that is out there we should have much much better mods on all levels, so I can't be arsed to look at mods right now, it's a bit underwhelming.

Reactions: 1 person

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
honestly, I'm just not going to bother until we have the creation kit out there.
Once that is out there we should have much much better mods on all levels, so I can't be arsed to look at mods right now, it's a bit underwhelming.
I'm not waiting that long. I've got some very handy mods so far:

- Categorized Favorites Menu
- Subliminal Traps + Deadly Traps
- Player Home Map Markers (lets you fasttravel directly to your houses)
- Dragon Bone + Pickaxe weight reduction
- Some graphics mods
- SkyUI

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they need to fix the storage containers
what I mean is have subcategories in storage containers rather then just jumbling everything together

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

- Some graphics mods
- SkyUI
I've finally switched over to the Nexus Mod Manager, and installed SkyUI and other stuff. Thanks for this post :D

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

- Some graphics mods
- SkyUI
I've finally switched over to the Nexus Mod Manager, and installed SkyUI and other stuff. Thanks for this post :D
Haven't done this either.... I've already got about 10 mods running (smaller mods, but still changes to the original game)
Will the NMM recognize these installed mods?
I should probably start using it too, now it's a real hassle to delete mods.

@Joe88 what I just do is say this container is only for potions, this one for all my alchemy shit, this one for my smithing stuff,.... All my loot is in Breezehome, several containers full with stuff.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats what I do too:
I keep all my alchemic stuff in the chest in the lab (which includes potions, ingredients, food, scrolls)
weapons go in the chest next to my bed
armor and other various clothes go in the dresser next to the chest
precious gems and metals go in one of the nightstands next to bed
jewelry goes in the other nightstand
books in the bookcase :P
other misc items go in the nightstand right outside my room

the alchemly lab chest needs to be better organized though, probably will move all food out

did a similar thing in oblivion with the water front home, had the grey foxes hideout as a backup pretty much right next door also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii