Football / Soccer
The Football Group (aka. Soccer for those in North America)

people-1284253_960_720.jpg


Join in to talk about recent football events and football/soccer in general!
Everybody welcome, except if you hate the sport.
Football / Soccer
Football / Soccer

The BIG Football Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Satangel
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 458,363
  • Replies Replies 6,127
Rockstar said:
Satangel said:
Rockstar said:
Messi Won Player of the year

I'm actually disappointed Iniesta or Xavi didn't win it....
Messi will win it again later on, but Iniesta or Xavi, I doubt they've ever been as close to win it as they were now.
Messi of course deserves it, but Iniesta or Xavi deserved it more IMHO.

Also, why the fuck was Sneijder not in the top 3?
Yup I really wanted to see one of them in the spotlight this time, so many people dont know how good they are

+ the fact that the only Spaniard to win the Golden Ball ever was Di Stefano, a real figurehead of Real Madrid.
Would be awesome if a Barcelona player would win it too then
tongue.gif
 
Satangel said:
Rockstar said:
Satangel said:
Rockstar said:
Messi Won Player of the year

I'm actually disappointed Iniesta or Xavi didn't win it....
Messi will win it again later on, but Iniesta or Xavi, I doubt they've ever been as close to win it as they were now.
Messi of course deserves it, but Iniesta or Xavi deserved it more IMHO.

Also, why the fuck was Sneijder not in the top 3?
Yup I really wanted to see one of them in the spotlight this time, so many people dont know how good they are

+ the fact that the only Spaniard to win the Golden Ball ever was Di Stefano, a real figurehead of Real Madrid.
Would be awesome if a Barcelona player would win it too then
tongue.gif

Shame he was born in Argentina.
 
emigre said:
Satangel said:
Rockstar said:
Satangel said:
Rockstar said:
Messi Won Player of the year

I'm actually disappointed Iniesta or Xavi didn't win it....
Messi will win it again later on, but Iniesta or Xavi, I doubt they've ever been as close to win it as they were now.
Messi of course deserves it, but Iniesta or Xavi deserved it more IMHO.

Also, why the fuck was Sneijder not in the top 3?
Yup I really wanted to see one of them in the spotlight this time, so many people dont know how good they are

+ the fact that the only Spaniard to win the Golden Ball ever was Di Stefano, a real figurehead of Real Madrid.
Would be awesome if a Barcelona player would win it too then
tongue.gif

Shame he was born in Argentina.

Yes I know that. It's weird stuff, one source says there was only one Spanish winner, the other says 2. One source says Di Stefano won it as a Spanain (which he was too, he played for the Spanish national team), the other one says he was Argentinian.
 
emigre said:
They were just odd times, I remember Puskas was Hungarian but ended up playing for Spain.

Oh Puskas, another Real Madrid legend (I think, haven't looked it up yet).
It's too bad so many records from that time are just being shattered now, making those genius players look worse than for example Cristiano Ronaldo.
 
I wouldn't get so nostalgic about that era of players. A lot of what they achieved was in a different time, for example the majority of Real's European Cups was during a period where the game was uncompetitive. Saying that I am of the view that Real as a club are glorified to better than they are particularly in recent years where the club have been nothing but a joke.
 
emigre said:
I wouldn't get so nostalgic about that era of players. A lot of what they achieved was in a different time, for example the majority of Real's European Cups was during a period where the game was uncompetitive. Saying that I am of the view that Real as a club are glorified to better than they are particularly in recent years where the club have been nothing but a joke.

I don't know that much about those years of football, I wasn't born yet. It does make sense though that the years after WW 2 sports wasn't the main thing on people's mind.
Real indeed has a fantastic and probably the biggest and most successful history out there, but recently it hasn't been very good. A joke I wouldn't call it, but 2 or 3 years without prize, that's quite a long time for such a club. And especially in the CL, they've just been a joke there. I love it
evil.gif
 
Champion League Knockout Leg 1 In a few hours
I hope United pull through
and Same for Barca in Leg 2.But barca always have lost/drawn the away knockout game but in the end won overall.Hope it happens again
 
emigre said:
I wouldn't get so nostalgic about that era of players. A lot of what they achieved was in a different time, for example the majority of Real's European Cups was during a period where the game was uncompetitive.

Will you please tell us, when did post WWII Football became competitive?
 
Whoa, someone revivified the thread! LOL, gotta watch the FA Cup Semis later... Glory, glory, United!!!
 
dice said:
Flame™ said:
man utd is doing the treble this year.

And the lottery numbers for tonight are...?


Let's see if Arsenal wins a prize this year first
rolleyes.gif

Sick Wario said:
QUOTE(Flame™ @ Apr 16 2011, 11:58 AM)
man utd is doing the treble this year.

AHAHAAHAHAHAH LMAO

COME ON CITY !!!!!

YAYA toure just ended that !!!

Yeah, saw a few minutes of it and very disappointed with the mentality and quality of some United players. Shitty deserved to win 100%, they were the better and more willing team, congratz!
 
Barcelona:Real Madrid
1-1

Damn it the first dive my Iker on Villa was a penalty.......

but whatevere they are playing madrid 3 more times this months so they will beat them the...

Also messi kicking the ball in the crowd was..... somehing i never thought he would do
 

Group statistics

Group owner:
Costello
Members:
42
Threads:
23
Messages:
1202
Photos:
0

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted