The BIG Football Thread

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Damn. United's match got rescheduled and whatnot. First loss of the season in all competitions and it goes against west ham, eh? Too friggin funny. I can just imagine Fergie going ballistic, muahahahaha.

That's not too bad, at least we still second with a game in hand, and chelsea drawing at home to everton, so not the team that started the season. Arsenal might be good for a go at it if they can stop from leaking goals.

Still... Glory, glory united!!!

Renegade Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vigilante said:
Looks like this is a section not for me because I mostly support basketball
I support both I play football/soccer and basketball too. I started a new thread dedicated to basketball, post whatever basketball related topics there
yay.gif

Rockstar said:
Barcelona Won 3-0.... Unstoppable
Messi bagged another brace, its like that nearly every week. Also Real got back to winning ways beating Valencia 2-0. But when it comes to Barca and especially Messi, they really are unstoppable.

QUOTE(Shinigami357 @ Dec 5 2010, 04:25 AM)
Damn. United's match got rescheduled and whatnot. First loss of the season in all competitions and it goes against west ham, eh? Too friggin funny. I can just imagine Fergie going ballistic, muahahahaha.

That's not too bad, at least we still second with a game in hand, and chelsea drawing at home to everton, so not the team that started the season. Arsenal might be good for a go at it if they can stop from leaking goals.

Still... Glory, glory united!!!
I think for the title its going to Chelsea if they start winning games, Man Utd if they stop getting draws away from home or my beloved Gunners if they sort their damn defense out. It's really open this year, looking forward to see who becomes champions!

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Agghhh why did Rooney miss the penalty.. I know it happens but still 2-0 VS Arsenal would be so awesome.Still United on top now..
Btw Barcelona won their game 5-0

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
One of the reasons people have a dislike for Man U is all these bandwagon jumpers who've never been within spitting distance of Manchester, decide it would be fun to follow football, but can't be bothered with the hard part (ie, watching your team lose, fight relegation, possibly go out of business) and so just go "Oh, I'll be a Man United fan, they're winning a lot of a stuff at the moment - hooray, 'my' team won again!"

The football team you follow should be your birthright, not something you choose as an adult. Same with English people who decide to support Barcalona or Real Madrid, get out there and support your local team your spineless twats.

The highs of following football are empty and meaningless if you've never had any lows. There are fans whose League One title has meant more to them than any amount of trebles mean to plastic Man U fans.

No disrespect to real Man United fans by the way, I've got a good mate who can see the Stretford End out her back window. But then like most proper Man United fans, the happy clapping plastic fantastic bandwagoners get right on her nerves.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BlueStar said:
One of the reasons people have a dislike for Man U is all these bandwagon jumpers who've never been within spitting distance of Manchester, decide it would be fun to follow football, but can't be bothered with the hard part (ie, watching your team lose, fight relegation, possibly go out of business) and so just go "Oh, I'll be a Man United fan, they're winning a lot of a stuff at the moment - hooray, 'my' team won again!"

The football team you follow should be your birthright, not something you choose as an adult. Same with English people who decide to support Barcalona or Real Madrid, get out there and support your local team your spineless twats.
Heh true i would but since i dont live in a football playing country and all i have is Toronto FC i think I'll pass because they dont even show MLS matches on my TV.. I choose the teams with my favorite players Barcelona and United when i choose them i didnt have much idea on trophies they won and shit just saw the team lineup and knew i wanted to support them XD

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Well yes, but I'm going to take a guess that your favourite players also happen to be the best players in the world, so the line up might have given you a clue that they were going to be winning things
wink.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BlueStar said:
Well yes, but I'm going to take a guess that your favourite players also happen to be the best players in the world, so the line up might have given you a clue that they were going to be winning things
wink.gif
Well you could say that for FC Barcelona having Messi, David Villa, XAvi etc. but United has all these new stars like Hernandez, Nani and I find them more fun to watch that an out of form Rooney

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BlueStar said:

The highs of following football are empty and meaningless if you've never had any lows. There are fans whose League One title has meant more to them than any amount of trebles mean to plastic Man U fans.

No disrespect to real Man United fans by the way, I've got a good mate who can see the Stretford End out her back window. But then like most proper Man United fans, the happy clapping plastic fantastic bandwagoners get right on her nerves.

I'll be honest, I've never been to spitting distance of Manchester (nice expression, going to remember that one). I agree on your post, I feel the same way. I hate football fans who support a team and they can't even give me the starting line-up.

I chose Manchester United when I was 7 years old, it was in 1999 when they won the Champions League thanks to Solskjaer with his last minute goals. Then I decided that Manchester United was the team for me, my idol played there (Beckham, what a superb professional that is), together with stunning players like Schmeichel , Giggsy and Stam. They resembled my favourite team that plays in my hometown, Club Brugge, with their fighting spirit and never giving up mentality.
Since then I've followed them quite closely, always checking the internet to know what their recent results were, watch their highlights and checking forums to see any gossip and young players that came through. Now I'm a bit older I also watch them a lot more via online streams, like the last match against Arsenal.
I've never been there, but I plan to go when I've finished school, together with a couple of friends who also support Man U.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlueStar said:

Tell you the truth the reason I supported United is because they were the team I liked to use in FIFA 03 in GBA. We have nothing even remotely close to a pro football league here that gets even minor attention or support. Philippines is mostly a basketball country, LOL.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked Barcelonas basketball team so I latched on to them for a couple of days but I realized how much bandwagon fans there were and stopped liking them.Now my favorite team is Ajax but I also still support other teams like Santos and Manchester City.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Rockstar said:
Messi Won Player of the year

I'm actually disappointed Iniesta or Xavi didn't win it....
Messi will win it again later on, but Iniesta or Xavi, I doubt they've ever been as close to win it as they were now.
Messi of course deserves it, but Iniesta or Xavi deserved it more IMHO.

Also, why the fuck was Sneijder not in the top 3?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Satangel said:
Rockstar said:
Messi Won Player of the year

I'm actually disappointed Iniesta or Xavi didn't win it....
Messi will win it again later on, but Iniesta or Xavi, I doubt they've ever been as close to win it as they were now.
Messi of course deserves it, but Iniesta or Xavi deserved it more IMHO.

Also, why the fuck was Sneijder not in the top 3?
Yup I really wanted to see one of them in the spotlight this time, so many people dont know how good they are

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: