Senegal
The Another World ~Ninokuni~

73186-nino1_large.jpg

UPADATE:
ITS GOING TO BE IN A 512MB CATRIDGE!
IT HAS BEEN DELAYED TO SPRING 2010! NO US DATE AS OF NOW
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW, LEVEL 5 RELEASED A DEMO AT THE TOKYO GAME SHOW

Brief Overview
Its in development by Studio Ghibli, an animated film studio that has made award winning films like Spirited Away and Laputa: Castle in the Sky. Teamed with them is one of the most awesome game developer of this century, Level 5. It has made several great games such as the Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven franchises and the in-development Dragon Quest IX

About the game

The player assumes the role of a 13 year-old boy named Oliver, a resident of Hotroit city whose mother Arie dies suddenly. A doll previously given to Oliver by his mother reveals itself to be a fairy named Shizuku, who gives Oliver a magic book that allows him to go to the world of "Ninokuni," a reality parallel to his own, where the fairy states the boy may be able to revive his mother. There he encounters alternate versions of people he knows.
As Oliver, the player takes part in battles using the magic book given to him by Shuzuku. The game is going to come with a custom spellbook specific to that copy of the game to represent the magic book from the game and is required to play the game. In it players can find a bestiary, short stories that offer game hints and other info that the game will refer to.

73202-nino14_super.jpg
< LOL... reason enough to be hyped?
b.150.100.16777215.0.stories.news.ninokuni080609.image%20140.png

b.150.100.16777215.0.stories.news.ninokuni080609.image%20107.png

image%20134.png

b.150.100.16777215.0.stories.news.ninokuni080609.image%20143.png

image_thumb154.png

image_thumb155.png
As you can all see.... the graphics are a pretty sight..... and the art style is as eye-pleasing and catching as Layton (Level 5's art rocks)

Linkies:

Official Japanese site
Famitsu scans and screens! Enjoy! (Both are the same... but the screens are better quality but not all of the scans are present in the scans)
More Screens!
Character details and an interview translations
awesome final retail package

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought the clip animation look quite similar to Spirit Away, Howl's Moving Castle...ect and it would seem that the studio from Ghibli is behind the development. Can't wait for the game, it seems very promising.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
War said:
I read somewhere that this game is scheduled to be released in Japan this year. Hopefully it will get localized and we'll have it in a year or so.

Erm... wikipedia states J as 2009 and Eu as November 2009. J is real I think... But Eu leaves me doubted. They spent a long time working on this game it seems... maybe they have many voicovers in the high quality videos and will need a longer time for locallziation and then theres the strict US censoring.... We'll see.

Edit: Happy now rant? I was just quoting it from wikipedia.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
B-Blue said:
i.Domination said:
I think I jizzed in my pants!

Nice graphics yeah. But since its from a real succesful animation films maker, its kinda expected.

QUOTE(deathking @ May 31 2009, 03:35 PM)
i cant wait for this , i hope it doesnt confuse people with the other another world aka out of this world

The one by Eric Chahi? Well there's this "The" in this game's name
tongue.gif
And then it could be called ninokuni too so there won't be that much confusion.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Toki~ said:
I also can't wait for this =x As many people on my msn know >.> Spammed the link to the video to them all with the words Omg i want =x!!!
happy.gif

LOL.... any of them thought it was an animated movie or something? The graphics look more awesome than other games (as in 2D) . Go spam someone with a PSP
yaynds.gif

This will most probably come out end of this year, or maybe next year seeing how they "take one month to generate five minutes of high quality videos". Try not to spam your friends until a confirmed release date!
biggrin.gif

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
With spellbook and stuff, I'm assuming that pirates might have a harder time with the game?

I've been tracking this game for a while now. I'm hoping it comes out before mid-August so that I can pick it up when I go to Japan over the summer.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
ZeroEXE93 said:
With spellbook and stuff, I'm assuming that pirates might have a harder time with the game?

I've been tracking this game for a while now. I'm hoping it comes out before mid-August so that I can pick it up when I go to Japan over the summer.

At most we will only have one set of spells. Or people can dump multiple copies.... or make codes from their actual different copy. We may need quite a few copies yeah but WE ARE PIRATES
tongue.gif

You could expect an august release, but then the "one video per month" policy will only give it 10/15 more minutes of animations lol (oh its still a lot)

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to chant these spells into the DS speaker or does the book just states what spells are available in your copy of the game as obvious spoilers. I do like the fact there's a bestiary since I'll know every monster I'll be facing with their stats, strengths, and weaknesses which aids in strategy. I can't wait to get this game and the graphics seem to be pushing the DS capabilities to the limit.

Toki~

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The book contains runes that you draw into the ds.

Everyone i spammed on my msn knew it was a ds game cause i was saying how much i want it for my ds. =x

And this is a game i will go out and buy =x

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
Studio Ghibli made a game, its going to pawn kingdom hearts, and thats hard to do.

For the love of god they better make it subbed for English speaker, a Dub would ruin it, thought Ghibli has some of the best dubber it still doesn't work.

p.s: I think it will be a DSi exclusive as the cut scenes would take the full ram, if there as good as the trailer.

Also it remind me of Dark cloud, that would pawn on the DS

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Flaregon said:
p.s: I think it will be a DSi exclusive as the cut scenes would take the full ram, if there as good as the trailer.
This being a DSi exclusive is unlikely since Studio Ghibli started developing the animation around July of last year, which was before the announcement of the DSi iirc.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Flaregon said:
Studio Ghibli made a game, its going to pawn kingdom hearts, and thats hard to do.

For the love of god they better make it subbed for English speaker, a Dub would ruin it, thought Ghibli has some of the best dubber it still doesn't work.

If it is a DSi exclusive I would buy one
biggrin.gif
But I doubt it since DSL is still in the game.

As for pw0ning KH, JRPG vs. ARPG- no common base. The sales are going to be leaned towards KH most likely abd there is no common comparison with KH. So I'll say on a par with KH. Level 4 is one of the few game companies that IMO makes games are good as Square. Plus multi award winning graphics maker = awesome.

A dub may not be that bad, I felt that Layton voices were decent just games like Suikoden that forces me to turn off the volume.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
ZeroEXE93 said:
Flaregon said:
This being a DSi exclusive is unlikely since Studio Ghibli started developing the animation around July of last year, which was before the announcement of the DSi iirc.

true, maybe a mode will be added.

A dub may not be that bad, I felt that Layton voices were decent just games like Suikoden that forces me to turn off the volume.

well I thought it was bad, thought the English voice were funny, they fit but were still awful.
I've watch a lot of anime FLCL had good voice acting.

I guess is playing this game will be like walking thought a Studio Ghibli movie, and will bring you back to when u were very young. that why I alway liked them.

p.S: Its game box tells all other games *F**K YOU* if that inst awesome what is.

http://kotaku.com/5063027/studio-ghiblilev...oxes-the-finger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes