The adventures of Tintin (reprise)?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by lafleche, Jul 28, 2016.

1. lafleche
    OP

lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    Hi,

I know that there are (were?) a few games which couldn't be run with a USB loader
    One of them is 'The adventures of TinTin'

To my surprise on my wiiu/vwii with ciosv10 (r52 and r53) and usbloaderGX (r1260) this game runs fine (up until now).
    I am already in chapter three and haven't had it blackscreened -knock on wood-

I am just lucky? Is the problem solved a while ago (and am I acting on old info)? Is the combi wiiu/vwii+usbloader+stealh HDD a winning one?

Just wondering.... not a great game btw :-) (but there are much worse ones for WII)

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    What are you on about I was playing the adventures of tintin the day it was first dumped on the net so I have no idea why you thought it would not work.

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I didn't know that game was fixed. I still thought it required Neek to play it.
    I don't know if it's a cIOS v10 or loader issue.
    Maybe it's just the commonly used MetaFortress dol patching protection ? (like Driver San Francisco)

To prevent triggering the metafortress protection, you need to disable all dol and memory patches : play the game from the same console region, don't enable cheats or video patching, etc.

4. lafleche
    OP

lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2007
    Netherlands
  5. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    nope, ULGX 1260, d2xbeta52 still hangs at the end of each level as always.
    If any setting is not right, the game simply won't boot.
    Worked in neek but haven't retried now.

Maybe you got a hacked iso?