The Adjustment Bureau

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by tagzard, Sep 10, 2011.

Sep 10, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau by tagzard at 3:15 PM (623 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. tagzard
    OP

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    So i watched the movie and i loved it. But i have a few questions for those who did watch it.

Was the Chairman God?
    Were the agents angles?
    Was the whole movie religious?

2. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    I'm fairly certain that the agents were not angles, unless you consider standing up a 180 degree angle.

3. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    the movie is only religious if you believe that a "higher power" is something to be praised/revered. the whole basis behind the movie was that no one was good and no one was evil. they simply...were. and they had goals/objectives.

4. cris92x

Member cris92x GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sigh* Go watch the movie again with an open mind. It had almost nothing to do with religion, it had to do with pre-destination. Pre-destination has somewhat religious context. its that man has no free-will because an omniscient power already has a plan for everyone. This does not mean just God, its more like believing in a destiny or fate. The whole movie isn't some philosophical movie, its just a simple plot; Can two lovers be together when the forces of fate push them away? This is like almost every love movie ever created except now they personified "fate" as the agents and made them the direct antagonists. The agents aren't angels, pay attention to them, they don't help or protect anyone all they do is to ensure that everyone stays on track of their plan.

5. BionicC

Member BionicC GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Oh, I see what you did there. That's quite acute gag; hopefully some of the more obtuse Tempers will get it. I must admit that when I see a typo my reflex is to just ignore it but hey, you do what you think is right.

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Well I watched this movie many months ago but from what I remember, yes the chairman is God. The agent says something like, "You humans know him by many different names." Yes the agents are angels, in fact, Matt Damon's character even asks this question. And I thought the movie was sort of anti-religion since it's basically about two lovers defying God's will to get together.

7. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Well, it's more deterministic than anything else; it's more about fighting fate than anything else.

As to the OP, um... yeah, the connection is pretty obvious and easy to make. There's enough ambiguity so that people could argue whether or not they were literally divine beings, but the roles they fill are pretty obvious.

I honestly didn't care for the movie; it's just Matt Damon running and a forgettable love story with a supernatural element thrown in. Not really for me.