Hardware The "3D Analog Stick" for the 3DS

xamorok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am starting to think Nintendo doesnt mean just any old analog stick/nub, otherwise they wouldnt mention it being a 3D analog stick in the press release, but just an analog stick. Im thinking an analog stick of some sort that can also move along the z axis, if only slightly, as well as the 360 degrees an analog nub can detect. Imagine a nub that instead of being raised in the center, is depressed, fitting your thumb. Now imagine it being made of rubber, and once again, functioning as a normal nub, but one that can also "sink" into the 3DS. Of course, it would have to be on some sort of spring system to provide a good amount of resistance etc. Exciting.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
xamorok said:
Imagine a nub that instead of being raised in the center, is depressed, fitting your thumb. Now imagine it being made of rubber, and once again, functioning as a normal nub, but one that can also "sink" into the 3DS. Of course, it would have to be on some sort of spring system to provide a good amount of resistance etc. Exciting.
Basically like the Xbox 360 analog stick? It would have to be built down in, so the 3DS would have to be a little thick on the bottom, since the stick would need to be somewhat the same length as the 360's to allow better movement.

D

Deleted-247497

yuyuyup said:
Maybe like this, but yeah it will prob be a plain old analog
haha i have actually used one of these, its pretty cool it was at a science fair things

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah, I also think it will be like a C-stick, or if Nintendo made something lie the PSP they'd make it strong and better. Nintendo stuff is made to be kid-proof, so every piece has to be sturdy.

Also, when they say 3D stick I think IGN is right, it will probably move up and down on the z-axis, like the sticks on an Xbox 360 controller but instead of just being a digital button it'll be analog (sees how much you press the stick as opposed to just being pressed/not pressed)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?