THAT Titlekeys site gone...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dave_Chad, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Dave_Chad
    OP

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Just gone to put Freeshop on a 3ds and suddenly POOF. Invalid titlekey format etc. Gone to check the site and it seems to have vanished...

Natural likes this.
  2. blubber987

blubber987 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2017
    United Kingdom
    in your basement
    Yeah it’s gone, oh well we can find other websites.

3. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    The owner just forgot to renew the domain (again). I guess it won't be long until it's back.

Natural likes this.
  4. Dave_Chad
    OP

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Are you confident about that?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

5. Tigger
    This message by Tigger has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Aug 9, 2018.
    Aug 9, 2018
  6. Kitsune6

Kitsune6 Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    Its probably down, but idk i'm on the shop and i cant seem to download anything related to nintendo, ( kirby zelda mario) games. But other than that i just got radiant historia and aliance alive. Its weird

7. pkfire765

pkfire765 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Has no one found a solution yet?

8. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yes, you can use a locally provided enctitlekeys file, like one that you legally backed up from one of your consoles (as the Freeshop instructions always explained)

9. pkfire765

pkfire765 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I was trying to use villain 3ds for the first time which needed a link to the titlekeys site so that unfortunately isn't an option for me. Don't have a enctitlekeys file.

10. ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler GBAtemp Fan

Nov 5, 2015
    Netherlands
    The era of freeshop is over, please consider a legal alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Brush your teeth.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I'm tempted to update my 3DS to the 11.8.0-41 firmware and then replace the NIM system module 0004013000002C02.cia with an old version.
    I wonder if the 3DS still boots if this done, whether Nintendo can detect it has been tampered with, and if this prevents sending out those authentication checks for sleep mode downloads with freeShop.

I'm not curious enough to take the risk if the CDN downloaders are going to stop working at any moment.

If you've used freeShop before, you can retrieve it from the 3ds/freeShop/keys folder. Extract the download.0.bin and rename it as encTitleKeys.bin. Place that file in the Villain3DS folder that contains the cias and raw subfolders.

If you've never used freeShop, your only option left is to hope and wait that someone you know shares it to you (don't ask us!) or uploads those keys somewhere.

12. Dave_Chad
    OP

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    I thought i could move the download.0.bin from ym 3ds to my new 2ds xl and all i get is freeshop crashes when i try and download large files. It downloaded Pokemon Crystal no problem (11mb) but Mario Kart it dies with an arm11 crash.

13. George miller

George miller Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    United States
    WiiU USB Helper and uTik Download Helper not working either. :O:O:O:cry::cry::cry:

14. WaluigiMan

WaluigiMan GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Germany
    at ur moms place
    Well guys just go to that iso site till its back aigan

KhenemetHeru likes this.
  15. TurdPooCharger

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    1. Copy everything off your SD card onto a computer. Set aside your files.
    2. Reformat your SD card in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. Use guiformat if it's bigger than 32 GB.
    3. Ensure your empty card is free of hardware defects using H2testw with a Full Write + Verify test.
    4. If the card checks out, put all your files back onto it. See if large files download works now.
    If time is of the essence, migrate to using Villain3DS. Check the above post #11 in extracting your title keys from freeShop folder.

Ramzitv1 likes this.
  16. Dave_Chad
    OP

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Thanks but i already did format as fat32 with 32kb clusters as always. Suppose i could test the card but shoes be fine. I've tried to copy the full freeshop folder and just the titlekey file.

I also have just tried renaming my freeshop titlekeys file and putting it in the Villain3ds folder. When i try and download it still says i need to put in a titlekeys url... Is there no offline option?

Last edited by Dave_Chad, Aug 9, 2018
  17. TurdPooCharger

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Put the old address in anyhow and replace the encTitleKeys.bin as needed in case Villain3DS deletes the file copy in the Villain3DS folder.

Ramzitv1 likes this.
  18. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    F
    that site was a blessing

19. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    there was something posted on a reddit forum that has a solution. it involves modifying the hosts file on your computer.

20. tranxuanthang

tranxuanthang GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2015
    search something like The ultimate guide to 3ds on Google, there is a mirror to that file there.

Squirrel61 likes this.
  21. Tigger

Tigger GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Villain does not work, either with the enc file from freeshop titlekeys file or one i had as a backup.