THAT Titlekeys site gone...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dave_Chad, Aug 9, 2018.

1. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Check if the one in the Villain3DS folder has a size close to zero. When you start up Villain3DS program, go to About and select Delete encTitleKeys.bin file. Put a new one in the folder and try searching again.

2. Dave_Chad
    OP

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    I tried that the size is definitely not zero.

3. Glyptofane
    This message by Glyptofane has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 13, 2018, Reason: Not an imageboard.
    Aug 9, 2018
  4. Tigger
    This message by Tigger has been removed from public view by linuxares, Aug 12, 2018, Reason: bad.
    Aug 9, 2018
  5. Freqman
    This message by Freqman has been removed from public view by linuxares, Aug 12, 2018, Reason: bad.
    Aug 9, 2018
  6. FaL0xxo

FaL0xxo Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Just hacked an old 3ds today and having exactly the same issue. Checked time, removed arm11 warning in luma, reformatted sd card. This is my 5th 3ds hack and the first time I've seen this problem.

I did move the key file from another 3ds and downloaded super mario brothers (4mb) but craps out on anything larger.

Dave_Chad likes this.
  7. MegaGenesis

MegaGenesis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Brazil
    Yesterday late night i downloaded three games from FS (Kirby Planet Robobot, Majora's Mask 3D and Bloodstained Curse of the Moon), all of them went fine. This morning i heard about the site going down, so i went to FS and luckily the games are still there. Tried downloading a small game (Warioware Inc GBA VC) and worked. Guess i'm backup my title key file for the future.

8. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    Well freeShop just died too, sooooo

9. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    i just used freeshop, downloaded a game and it's fine
    but i think it wont be updated for new games.

10. Dave_Chad
    OP

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Yeah it let me download Wario but if i try and copy the freeshop files to another 3ds it doesn't download it errors out. ARM11 crash.

11. Squirrel61

Squirrel61 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2008
    Netherlands
    Thanks a lot, the mirror is working perfectly well. As does the encTitleKeys.bin from that mirror, Freeshop is not crashing anymore!

Edit: It is still crashing as soon as I start a download. I already reformatted and h2testw'ed the card, but will now try another.

Btw. does anybody know if the server being down is also causing CIAngel to stop working? I can't find a file anymore whatever I search for.

Last edited by Squirrel61, Aug 11, 2018
    tranxuanthang likes this.
  12. Bellebite2000

Bellebite2000 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2018
    Afghanistan
    Any chance to select multiple games to download at once? Also, if those titles is not available because of the unfamous 403 error, would it be possible to just skip it and process the next item in the download queue? Thanks.

13. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Marina is best waifu

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    I am starting to feel like freeShop was more of a curse than a blessing. We are panicing when you can still just install your games via CIAs. We were fine before freeShop and that keysite and we will be fine without them.

14. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    Well sorta. I liked freeshop, but then again we never had a similar method of piracy on any other platform, never ever were we able to steal directly from the manufacturers server, really. Some people are panicing because it's the only method of piracy on the 3ds they know. We now have to go to the "old-school" approach of copying legitimately purchased content from our own storage to whereever.

ry755 and Lilith Valentine like this.
  15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Marina is best waifu

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    I feel ya and you are actually right. I am bias because I started in the menuhax days and I am used to old school methods. Me dropping back to those methods was only a minor inconvenience for me. I really can't imagine what these a lot of the "new age" members of the community are going through.

16. gamecrasher36

gamecrasher36 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    Same thing here I couldn’t get the title key to load :( hope it gets fixed

17. dAVID_

dAVID_ Carpinter's Apprentice

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    The Game
    Reminder that you can still install .cia files downloaded through the internet with FBI.

18. Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. I remember a lot of skepticism when Cruel first released it too, a lot of people were wondering what would happen from using it, ironically nothing did. At least not yet. Seems Nintendo went more after users systems that installed and played titles before release date and cheat reports.

19. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Fear not as that title key still exists. Look for a certain sub reddit forum that details in how to see it again.

If that's too much trouble, you can elect to find the keys at that iso site.

20. gamecrasher36

gamecrasher36 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    I found the title key in god mode 9 and placed it in the title keys folder in the free shop data , and it still said title keys not found ... maybe this has something to do with the title key url too

21. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Did you make sure to rename the encTitleKeys.bin as download.0.bin? Also, the latest key file has a size of 174 KB and CRC-32 hash 6B6502A4.

22. gamecrasher36

gamecrasher36 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    TurdPooCharger likes this.
  23. GriiBleez

GriiBleez Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2017
    Romania
    archive.org maybe