Tetris® Ultimate Coming To PS4, Xbox One & PC

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some fact sheet...you would think they wouldn't let the opportunity pass that it is actually tetris's 30th birthday, but I guess ultimate isn't all that ultimate anymore nowadays.

Still...I'm genuinely surprised that there is not a single tetris game on steam yet.

I don't see a reason why this version should be on the wiiu. Jeez...unlike these neverheardofbackwardscompatibility consoles, you can already play tetris on your wiiu since day 1. Just get the wii's tetris party deluxe and play away (or get it from the eshop). And in fact...not only does it look better than those screenies, I'd even wager to say that 20 modes is more than the 6 that this 'ultimate' tetris ships with*. :rolleyes:

*and take it from me: field climber is hilarious :)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still...I'm genuinely surprised that there is not a single tetris game on steam yet.

Though it is not as surprising as a lack of slight tweaks on Rampart anywhere on a remotely modern system (I do not count tower defence) I do not know if it is that surprising. Anything calling itself Tetris seems to have to be signed off by the Tetris company, equally they have bothered quite a bit of the open source and freeware "tetronimo" community, seen as Mr Pajitnov has previous claimed a dislike of FOSS ( http://news.slashdot.org/story/08/02/26/1859249/tetris-creator-claims-foss-destroys-the-market ) and certain court cases ( http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/new-jersey/njdce/3:2009cv06115/235418/61 ) that is not such a surprise though.
That said it does count as missing a trick as far as I can see.

Hyperstar96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, Ubisoft is making this? That explains why it's not coming to Wii U; Ubisoft is basically the new EA in terms of supporting Nintendo for a while before absolutely despising them for no reason.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait, Ubisoft is making this? That explains why it's not coming to Wii U; Ubisoft is basically the new EA in terms of supporting Nintendo for a while before absolutely despising them for no reason.
Um, all of Ubi's major titles since the Wii U's release have made it to the Wii U? And Watch_Dogs is still hitting the Wii U, even with a delay that will likely doom its sales to the point of not being worth it?

I'm not saying Ubi is perfect. Delaying the finished Rayman Legends only weeks before so other consoles can get it at the same time was bs, as is gimping Wii U versions of games in regards to DLC, etc.. But calling them the "new EA" in that regard is just flat-out incorrect.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ubisoft is basically the new EA in terms of supporting Nintendo for a while before absolutely despising them for no reason.

I thought it was the less than stellar third party relations; the lousy install base of uncertain/unpopular demographics; and the underpowered, differently capable and still hard to program hardware.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

They're probably still having nightmares about ZombiU which honestly was their own fault the game did so badly, and to make matters worse they made Rayman Legends into a multiplatform which was one of the reasons why there were people who decided to buy a Wii U exactly for Rayman Legends exclusive.

For those that want to play Tetris on their Wii U, there's this:

91Rin4DY3DL._SY445_.jpg

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tetris Party Deluxe is the bee's knees, it might be my favorite Tetris. The splitscreen versus mode could easily take a spot next to Mario Kart Wii and Brawl in your Wii multiplayer parties.
I second that. It was really fun. I also liked Tetris DS on the 3DS, but that"s probably because it had that ninty charm.
The recent "tetris" game I play these days is puyo puyo tetris.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work