GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
*notices Wii U isn't mentioned*
I can KINDA understand some argument about market shares versus that little bit of extra development effort required to port to PPC (although I really dobt something like this would NEED processor-specific optimizations) but don't tell me the Wii U's hardware just can't handle this.

I was thinking the same thing. Some games I can understand skipping the Wii U, but Tetris? Freaking seriously?

While we're at it, I can't imagine why this would skip PS3 and 360, either.

Oh, well. I do plan to get a PS4 anyway, so this is one more game to get for it upon buying. :yayps3:

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
While we're at it, I can't imagine why this would skip PS3 and 360, either.
It isn't that surprising. At this point, developers are going to start phasing out the last gen hardware. We can expect releases at the least periodically for the next couple of years, but with the PS4 and One around, Sony and Microsoft are both likely eager to shift sales to their new consoles. I would imagine they're dissuading developers from making everything multiplat across the generations at this point.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they included the WiiU they would've cleared the line and then nobody would get it.
You were a noble sacrifice Nintendo.

Also if there's a 4pack on Steam, i'll grab it. Tetris is always fun with friends, even if I suck.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have become one of the best known games ever if nobody likes it.

Well, almost everyone had a Gameboy and every Gameboy came with the game, so it's bound to be well known. If not for it coming with my Gameboy as a youngster, I probably would have never known it existed or if I did, I certainly wouldn't have wanted to play it.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tetris is a great and funny time killer, I always have a GB emulator handy for playing it on my phone. :)
(Better than these "casual" stuff released for mobiles, I am looking at you, Flappy Bird!)

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, almost everyone had a Gameboy and every Gameboy came with the game, so it's bound to be well known. If not for it coming with my Gameboy as a youngster, I probably would have never known it existed or if I did, I certainly wouldn't have wanted to play it.
By that logic Wii Sports should be considered a master piece.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

My first experience with Tetris was Tetris on the NES. I never owned it on the Game Boy. Since then, the only times I've bought the game are a version for my first cell phone, and a while back, I picked up Tetris Axis for the 3DS.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
First 1080p/60fps this gen game confirmed!
did you forget about MGS V Ground Zeroes?? even the xboned version runs at 1080p@60fps, without the dynamic weather but that's beside the point.

People actually liked Tetris? I thought people only played it because it was forced upon everyone who ever bought a Gameboy.

maybe you don't like tetris, but back in the day it was the system seller of the very first(AKA brick) Gameboy when came out.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
did you forget about MGS V Ground Zeroes?? even the xboned version runs at 1080p@60fps, without the dynamic weather but that's beside the point.

That was mostly sarcastic :P
And MGS V Ground Zeroes is 720p on Xbone or was there setting to make it run 1080p? There was discussion on reddit where everyone tried to think was there any console games that would let you choose between graphics and frame rate and only 3DS games and Bioshock seemed to be only ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt