Bandai Namco giveaway PAC-MAN Championship Edition 2 on PS4, Xbox One & PC

pacman.jpg

To our BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment family and friends around the world,

People around the globe are doing their part to change their life and workstyles in order to battle the COVID-19 pandemic. Here at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, we have put into action initiatives to support and safeguard the health of our employees, their families & friends, as well as our customers, vendors, and our communities.
With the help and cooperation from employees throughout our global organization, we have prepared and enacted remote working conditions within our offices across the globe. We would like to thank everyone for their individual contributions by staying home to help flatten the curve and keep everyone’s livelihood safe and secure. We would also like to express our most sincere gratitude for those working in the medical field who are on the front lines facing the daunting task of keeping the pandemic under control. While there are various relief efforts underway, as an entertainment provider, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment is also planning to take action to serve our fans.
Our vision is to follow our slogan word for word and provide – “more fun for everyone.” We are striving to provide entertainment that everyone can enjoy in the hope we can bring smiles and laughter to video game players throughout the world during this difficult time.

As such, we will be sending our beloved goodwill ambassador, PAC-MAN, into everyone’s homes by making PAC-MAN Championship Edition 2 available for free starting from - April 24, 2020 at 10:00am PDT to May 10, 2020 at 10:00am PDT - for the PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PCs via STEAM®. Through this free limited-time giveaway, we hope to bring fun into everyone’s homes around the globe.

Everyone’s thoughts at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment are focused on the well-being of our colleagues and fans as we continue our endeavor to bring more fun for everyone around the world.
Now, let’s all do our part and have “More Fun for Everyone – at Home”.
Stay safe and be well,

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolio
now if only the game didn't need a fucking supercomputer to run it maybe i'd pick it up... like namco this is a fucking arcade game from 1980 (literally 40 years ago) you shouldn't need to have a 2080ti and a 4770k to run it

Ratskull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oooooh. Sorry.
Is just that It runs horribly slow on my 4GB laptop :cry:
And yes, I've been wanting to play this game with dad ^_^
Sorry didn't meant to :D

I think the game requires 6gb of ram minimum maybe drop the resolution down to 720p and see if you can turn off any effects like particle etc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

coolio
now if only the game didn't need a fucking supercomputer to run it maybe i'd pick it up... like namco this is a fucking arcade game from 1980 (literally 40 years ago) you shouldn't need to have a 2080ti and a 4770k to run it
Can it run crysis I mean pac-man.

Reactions: JuanMena

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To each their own. I loved the first Pac-Man CE and if this is at all similar, I'm going to love it on both my PC and PS4.
HUGE fan of the first CE here, and love DX(+) even more (DX is one of my fave games of last gen), so I instantly picked this up on release, without reading any reviews etc..... and they fukked it up..... If you haven't played DX you may enjoy it, but only being able to attack the 'ghost trains' from the ends? Game ruiner for me. Also there's a fine balance between trippy and where the fukk am I in the visuals dept: they never crossed the line in previous games, but in this, you won't know where you are half the time on certain levels.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For anyone looking for the PS4 version, you have to search through bundles (or pick the bundle version), otherwise it keeps redirecting you to the PSNow version.
dont kno what you mean i just used the search bar and just said free to download

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
coolio
You could pick it up right now, just to have it under your free games list until you can get a super computer.
Same case here, but free is free and I won't have to pay for the game when I get a decent computer.

Fucking hate that technology gets obsolete in a blink of an eye.
That pisses me off.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could pick it up right now, just to have it under your free games list until you can get a super computer.
Same case here, but free is free and I won't have to pay for the game when I get a decent computer.

Fucking hate that technology gets obsolete in a blink of an eye.
That pisses me off.
oh yeah, thanks dude
my computer in general is pretty shitty so i havent been using steam a lot
now it's under my list until i can get a computer suited for games

Reactions: JuanMena

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would enjoy the steam version if not for the fact that even though I have a decent laptop (not particularly high end but good enough to run basically anything I'd want to), it runs like crap and I basically need all of NASA to run f*cking Pac-Man at more than 5 FPS.

NGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eyy I see what you mean
I won't risk it with my Switch just yet (even though mine is a stupid early model so it's RCM-exploitable ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) but my N3DS is in fact... expanded.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah no
Nintendo's stupidly kind but not that kind
Wouldn't be surprised if they have a big first party COVID-19 mega-sale at some point tho
The 3ds has some garbage version of pacman championship edition

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
they made an interesting twist to modernize the game. I think this is the first time I experienced one-winged angel pacman version during the tutorial mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate