Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
Geohot may not be 100 feet distance from any Sony product
tongue.gif
I could see some stupid ass judge saying this.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
I'm not sure you're getting what he's saying.
Or maybe you just don't understand why a major corporation would go to such lengths to stop this in its tracks.

The point is, it's gotten to the point where it's now effecting the players who don't even hack their consoles. We're paying the price due to a douche lord's interest.

But a lot of people can't seem to see it that way. It's their way of throwing a tantrum cause they can't get things for free.
rolleyes.gif

Take a look at the posts that's been posted since all of this has happened. Damn near 95% of them are people attacking Sony and calling them names.
Everyone's talking about how Sony is behaving, but what about them? Sony aren't the only ones behaving badly.
It's true, you've been here long enough to know that the vast majority of past, present and future members here not only condone piracy, but perform it daily. Now take the amount of members that not only actively support piracy, but use it as a scale for buying a system. It's a large scary number when compared to the less vocal members that know and disagree with such people. But that exactly what we are, less vocal people. There are not enough of us reaching out of (and through) our computer screens and slapping some irritating people. I attack Sony and call them names because the reason they continue their lawsuit of a perfectly capable and innocent hacker is so they can save face. What they don't realize is that people don't buy things that have negative lawsuits attached to them. Once it gets to be a more widely known subject the geohot doesn't support piracy, and his CFW won't allow such things, and that he never will support piracy... Then people should start to wise up (I hope). Besides, I do believe there were cheaters before Mr. Hotz even released his cfw, and before the ventures of Fail0verflow ever came into context. Sony also just happens to be a money hungry, separate legal entity (aka corporation like Nintendo and Microsoft) who has a lot of leeway and control over this country's legal system. If this doesn't define "Behaving badly" then I will never buy a Sony system ever again, UNLESS there is some form of Piracy that I CAN take advantage of.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
If holding an actual discussion is too much work for you, bite your tongue and stay a lurker.

If you are going to come in with an opinion like that, why not do something about it?
If you know that people's understanding of the law isn't correct, then correct it.

Ha! holding a discussion? On gbatemp? Is that even possible?

Don't make me laugh.

When mass hysteria is created by news and events such as this, any reasonable discussion is doomed.

I've been here long enough too know that.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
bwa hahahaha this won't do jack shit his work is already being duplicated on over 9000 other sites! what you gonna do sony take down the whole net? I'd like to see you fucking try!
rofl.gif

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Missing other points also.

While he may not promote piracy, there's no saying he doesn't pirate himself, if they find a whiff of something illegal on any of his stuff, they will try even harder to bring him down and have the necessary proof.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
EJames2100 said:

While he may not promote piracy, there's no saying he doesn't pirate himself, if they find a whiff of something illegal on any of his stuff, they will try even harder to bring him down and have the necessary proof.

Seeing as we are now well away from the initial date that he released the keys and CFW he would be pretty dumb to have left anything incriminating on his PC, knowing full well that he may have to surrender it under court order. If I were in his shoes the hard rive would be DBAN'ed, sledge hammered, torched and swimming with the fishes inside of a concrete cube in the Atlantic ocean.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm worried about the implications of this case. If indeed Sony wins, what precedent does this leave for future cases of Developer vs. Homebrew developer/Hacker? In all seriousness, it could get quite out of hand with companies legally allowed to have heavy handed restrictions upon its customers with possible legal action against them simply for jailbreaking (whether legitimately or illegitimately).

On a side note, couldn't you possibly parallel this case of potential piracy to the potential of killing people with cars? Of course, legally you can't make such a comparison because they're two different jurisdictions, but hear me out. Since the rationale is that jailbreaking may lead to rampant piracy and damage to the company, you could also argue that cars can be used for mass murder and damage to public welfare and property, e.g. the use of a car in a drive-by shooting, car crashes etc. Cue massive evidence of deaths caused by such vehicular activities, and BAM, case won?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EJames2100 said:

I'm pretty sure he's smarter than to just sit around with pirated software when he knew he was getting sued by sony. hell years back i got a torrent, the girl i lived with at the time got an email from the isp and i dumped every piece of hardware i owned for about a week.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:
Rydian said:
If holding an actual discussion is too much work for you, bite your tongue and stay a lurker.

If you are going to come in with an opinion like that, why not do something about it?
If you know that people's understanding of the law isn't correct, then correct it.

Don't make me laugh.

When mass hysteria is created by news and events such as this, any reasonable discussion is doomed.

Oh, so it is too much work for you.

I see.

Please carry on lurking, then.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
goddamn motherfucking son of a bitch!!
mad.gif

(this is exactly what I said when I saw this)

Big Corporations cheat the legal system again.

QUOTE said:
looks like there is no such thing as a fair justice/trial in the USA

I have no hope for my country's future with the rights of other citizens.

Now Sony is going to have more clout and power over PS4 and NGP users....what's going to happen next...the EULA will stipulate the $$$ you used to "buy" this product was actually a "fee" to "rent" the device!?!?

Rydian said:
Fission said:
Rydian said:

Don't make me laugh.

Oh, so it is too much work for you.

I see.

Please carry on Trolling, then.

hmm..I think you're lost...maybe he can show you how to get back to the bridge
spray_trollface_copy.png

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
EJames2100 said:

I'm pretty sure he's smarter than to just sit around with pirated software when he knew he was getting sued by sony. hell years back i got a torrent, the girl i lived with at the time got an email from the isp and i dumped every piece of hardware i owned for about a week.
but the thing is deleted data can be recovered, the only way to get rid of it is too physically destroy the disc, but it is illegal to do that after the tro has been issued (both deleting and destroying hardware and data)

im most likely sure they will find the leaked sony tools on his PC's too as well as a ton of other copyrighted content of theirs considering the stuff he was doing

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
VashTS said:
EJames2100 said:

but the thing is deleted data can be recovered, the only way to get rid of it is too physically destroy the disc, but it is illegal to do that after the tro has been issued (both deleting and destroying hardware and data)

im most likely sure they will find the leaked sony tools on his PC's too as well as a ton of other copyrighted content of theirs considering the stuff he was doing

Suicide??
unsure.gif

JK.
closedeyes.gif

this is really bad...the sad part is...there are plenty of fools and tools who will buy the NGP "just cause it's new"

This is why I officially hate Sony and do NOT buy anything from them

PSP Slim 5.50 Prometheus~4. Eat your fucking heart out Sony
mad.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:
Thanks you've proved my point.

Well done!
rolleyes.gif
  • If this wasn't sarcasm...
    That did nothing to prove your point, if you're talking the legal issues thing.
  • If that was sarcasm...
    Misunderstandings happen all the time, which is why it's important to be clear. If you come in and insult people without any correction you're seen as a troll. As I posted, if there's REALLY a problem, then correct it.

Otherwise leave.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: