Temp Appreciation Thread

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With all the negativity in the scene at the moment I though i would take a bit of time out and ask you, the members what the temp has done for you.

For me, i've been a member here for over a decade, the members here are some of the most chilled, relaxed and helpful people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with, there is obviously the odd one or two who are idiots but for the most part they are amazing.

People have always been here to help and over the years I've learnt my way around multiple systems, including pcs and phones and had a bit of a laugh with other members. I've enjoyed helping younger members and occasionally putting people in their place when they've taken this community for granted

@Costello and the rest of the mods, you are all doing amazing jobs, keep it up. hopefully ill be here for another 10 years

What does the temp mean to you all

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to thank my fellow mods or course, but take a special moment to thank those who help out in the 3DS section. These are just a few of those who I see helping out more than others. So thank you, @gamesquest1 @VinsCool @Quantumcat @wormdood (sorry to tag you twice in two days lol) I know there are many many more, but these are just the few that have personally been a great help to me and other members.

Thanks @Helmax for responding to me when I sounded the horn for a translation, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you and the team's hard work. I still can't believe you cracked that encryption code.

I'm sure there are other, but if there are, I'll post again.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Just the fact that everyone has their own opinion without being too obsessed with a company and insulting someone just due to not agreeing with him/her (looking at you, Nintendo Everything) is what makes GBATemp great for me. I tend to avoid political threads although everyone can tell which side I'm on and what I stand for.

Reactions: Chary and VinsCool
D

Deleted User

I mainly enjoy spending my time mingling with numerous like-minded people, so the 'Temp has really helped me to define my personality in the past 2 years or so, as a result.

It's an absolute privelige to be a part of this community, what with the many often weekly (or sometimes daily!) exclusive releases of people's outstanding works to add to the mix, as well as the plentiful gaming/hacking news posts that just don't stop pouring in thanks to the mag staff.

Despite the somewhat distasteful atmosphere on some days (only really a handful of days in the year though, haha) GBATemp is perhaps the most friendliest tech and gaming forum to hang around and have a hearty conversation with people on! :grog:

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Chary and VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Only sometimes.
I have to kindly disagree.

Save yourself from the 3ds forums, everthing else has been incredibly good.
Most people here are very friendly and helpful.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Just the fact that everyone has their own opinion without being too obsessed with a company and insulting someone just due to not agreeing with him/her (looking at you, Nintendo Everything) is what makes GBATemp great for me. I tend to avoid political threads although everyone can tell which side I'm on and what I stand for.
Stares at profile pic...
Stares at sig...

Aha! You...You're a Jill Stein supporter, aren't you?!!?

On a more serious note, GBAtemp has got to be one of the best gaming forums I've ever seen. Of course, the 3DS section isn't the best by any means, but the site regulars who have made GBAtemp a home, you're all great. GBAtemp is pretty much a "come for the hax, stay for the community" kind of place :P There's a really tight knit bunch of people here, and that's a really rare thing.

I'm grateful for this site, cuz it's led me to a lot of good friends, as well as helping me figure out what I want to do in life, and has given me a sort of foot in the door and knowledge about how the games media industry works. There's just so much to GBAtemp, from the people, to the teams that translate or exploit things, to the friendly discussions, to the news, the infamous EOF, and everything in-between.

@yusuo To another 10+ years for everyone! :grog:

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Initially, I just joined this site years ago to get help with ds flashcards and whatnot. Then, I started posting a bit, trying to be "social".
Then I left the site 'cus my "anti-social" side got the better of me. And now I'm back again.

I say, of all the online communities I've seen, this is probably the best and nicest one there is.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It would be interesting to have a civilised conversation about how folks on this community feel about fetus and if they're for, against or pro-choice. It's a touchy subject, I know, which makes it all the better to discuss. To be honest, I'm more geared being pro-choice than against completely of abortion (being in favour of abortion 100% is rather scary) but again, it's not something about a simple 'yes' or 'no' type of answer.

I recall posting a thread about it like in 2016 and was deleted due to the user age range rounding from 13+.

Reactions: VinsCool

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be interesting to have a civilised conversation about how folks on this community feel about fetus and if they're for, against or pro-choice. It's a touchy subject, I know, which makes it all the better to discuss. To be honest, I'm more geared being pro-choice than against completely of abortion (being in favour of abortion 100% is rather scary) but again, it's not something about a simple 'yes' or 'no' type of answer.

I recall posting a thread about it like in 2016 and was deleted due to the user age range rounding from 13+.
Make a thread on it in EOF or general chat, i'll be part of that one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1