Gbatemp Obscenely High Ram Usage

dudeguy2022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GBAtemp homepage regularly uses up to ~930 MB of RAM or even higher according to Chrome, why?

All I want to do is talk about hacking on my chromebook:cry:

recently I've been using GBAtemp with an adblocker, because that lowers the ram usage by ~200 MB of RAM. That helps a bit, but it still prevents me from running any other foreground apps.

Also, based on the type of people who use GBAtemp I wouldn't be surprised to find that some people are visiting from their ps3 or their 3ds which I'm sure you can imagine the experience on:wacko:

I don't know why this website seems to be so unoptimized:mellow:

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
according to Chrome,
Well there's your problem :mellow:

Here's Firefox:

1705041067178.png

Home page: 93MB.

Micolash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So Chrome was the problem lol... Ram usage decreased pretty heavily on Firefox, but like Windows with Microsoft Edge, ChromeOS probably won't ever fully respect my browser of choice :sleep:
Chrome has always been heavy on ram.. better stick with Firefox.. especially now that google was sued for allegedly tracking users that used incognito mode. They settled for $5b, I'm sure that's chump change compared to the amount of $$ they made with collecting/selling people's data.

dudeguy2022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrome has always been heavy on ram.. better stick with Firefox.. especially now that google was sued for allegedly tracking users that used incognito mode. They settled for $5b, I'm sure that's chump change compared to the amount of $$ they made with collecting/selling people's data.
Yup
I've actually been using Firefox already on all of my devices, but I didn't realize you could use the android version on your Chromebook

Reactions: Micolash

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If youre still going to use firefox (switching from chrome i mean), dont forget to close tabs youre not using. Dont be like us and have 93 tabs open, because just in case you need them :toot::evil:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So Chrome was the problem lol... Ram usage decreased pretty heavily on Firefox, but like Windows with Microsoft Edge, ChromeOS probably won't ever fully respect my browser of choice :sleep:
I'm shocked! SHOCKED! Well not really that shocked.
I really don't understand why people are still using Chrome, it's fucking trash and always has been

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
The temp is geared to only the most hardcore gamers, you should only browse this site if you have a sick rig with at least 64GB of DDR5 and a high-end RTX-capable GPU.

I feel sick knowing people are reading our content on some shit rig they dug out of a dumpster that can only chug along using Linux with the free wifi connection from the coffee shop across the road.

Shame on you people, get in line so I can ban you! :gun:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto